Media Cerrone says that "red panty night" wasn't real for him; only got paid his standard purse to fight Conor

Dana has said a few times he sometimes gives out a couple of extra bonuses in the back.

So there are some people who naturally think that means fighters get paid infinitely more than gets announced, even though they quite clearly don't.

Those extra bonuses are probably as rare as unicorn shit.
One seemingly constant backroom bonus is money to cover taxes when fighters are fighting somewhere like Cali by the looks of the last card, but outside of that, only the fighters know.

One seemingly constant backroom bonus is money to cover taxes when fighters are fighting somewhere like Cali by the looks of the last card, but outside of that, only the fighters know.

I like that idea if it's true, but then weren't some of them complaining about the taxes in 'Stralia?

I mean, every little helps, I'll never knock bonuses, discreet or otherwise, no athletes on Earth deserve them more than fighters!

I like that idea if it's true, but then weren't some of them complaining about the taxes in 'Stralia?

I mean, every little helps, I'll never knock bonuses, discreet or otherwise, no athletes on Earth deserve them more than fighters!
I think the complaint was that they were getting double taxed, no? That they had to pay Aussie taxes as well as US taxes, that's why literally no one wants to fight there anymore outside of Aussie fighters.

I think the complaint was that they were getting double taxed, no? That they had to pay Aussie taxes as well as US taxes, that's why literally no one wants to fight there anymore outside of Aussie fighters.

Is that what it was? Yeah, I'm sure some guys will go for the right fight, but for sure that's going to be a serious consideration.

Dana has said a few times he sometimes gives out a couple of extra bonuses in the back.

So there are some people who naturally think that means fighters get paid infinitely more than gets announced, even though they quite clearly don't.

Those extra bonuses are probably as rare as unicorn shit.
Some guys get big signing bonuses with new contracts as well.

Cowboy vs Conor sure felt like it had a predetermined outcome.

Must have the same shitty manager Alvarez had. So fucking dumb to not negotiate for more money when fighting Conrad.

Sucks for cowboy cause everyone else did get paid off Conor. Dustin, Nate, Eddie was champ so he got points, Khabib. They all benefited from Conor.

Some people here are still in denial about fighter pay.

I saw a bunch of posts arguing that the UFC's disclosures to the federal court for the antitrust suit weren't real, as if they were going to risk prison to keep their payouts secret.
who says Dana doesn't gamble with company money and payouts come from his winnings in cash?

Billion dollar companies hide money in lots of ways

Some people here are still in denial about fighter pay.

I saw a bunch of posts arguing that the UFC's disclosures to the federal court for the antitrust suit weren't real, as if they were going to risk prison to keep their payouts secret.

aren't they already doing stuff that risks them going to prison?

I remember seeing Donald’s family all smiles and hugging Conor after the loss. I assumed he got paid real well.

You only get red panty night money when u actually fight

Exactly. This is a mismanagement issue. Sucks for Cerrone. Even moreso because he got destroyed in that fight.
but weirdos here will say the ufc and dayna scks
lmao

Cowboy vs Conor sure felt like it had a predetermined outcome.
Cowboy was in the middle of a big losing skid and was on his way out. You really believe he needed to take a dive?

I remember seeing Donald’s family all smiles and hugging Conor after the loss. I assumed he got paid real well.
You guys are some real conspiracy theorists, Cowboys Grandma is just a friendly person and hugs his opponents.

yancy-medeiros-hugging-cerrones-grandma.jpg

Conrads opponents got paid really well

Beside Cowboy i guess

What about Eddie?

Company man that managed his career terribly. Took fights that were absolutely moronic to take like Masvidal and Till, didn't want to fight for the belt and spent a whole day repairing his stupid rv when it broke down on the way to his title fight vs RDA. Didn't demand more money (ever) and that's why he got the same pay. With his amount of fights, bonuses and good sponsorships like Budweiser tho he still made a ton of money.
I hear hes got money and didnt fight for money. Someone paid off or gave him his ranch.

Back