CFB Off-Season Discussion v1: Hard Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sexy @The Higher Power

This is kind of random but one of my colleagues at work was checking out local universities for his kid a couple of weeks ago. Boston College: $68,000/yr (all in) .... Boston Fucking College! Fuck me.
Well it's a private school in an rich area of Boston.

BC is a very good school. Not elite. Like in the 30-35 range among unis.

It's pretty shocking how expensive Boston and DC are, especially DC. Outside of Capitol Hill (which makes up about 2% of the city), it's a disgusting, crime-ridden ghetto, not unlike Detroit.

There are far nicer cities out there (although I do think Boston is decent) that are quite a bit cheaper than both, like San Diego, Portland, Seattle, Toronto, Charlotte, Albuquerque, and Austin.

Brian Kelly has been a colossal bust at blue blood Notre Dame. 6 years. 1 top 10 finish. 0 New Year's 6/BCS Bowl wins. The only thing keeping him afloat is meatloaf addict Charlie Weis.

Brian Kelly has been a colossal bust at blue blood Notre Dame. 6 years. 1 top 10 finish. 0 New Year's 6/BCS Bowl wins. The only thing keeping him afloat is meatloaf addict Charlie Weis.
Even you have to admit that he did a good job last year with all the injuries.

Who can win big at Notre Dame?

My daughter is already checking out tuition and residence prices and Stanford ($42k, $54k all in) is cheaper than BC. In addition, you only pay full price if family income is >$180,000, so that helps most students.

My kids better get wicked awesome scholarships or I'm sending them back to Canada for ugrad.

Most of the college football magazines were printed before Briles got ousted at Baylor. They have Baylor as a top ten team.

Herman is the only one that would go there.

You sure about that?

Krv6QQM.jpg

I can see Butch Jones as the eventual HC at Notre Dame. Born and raised in the midwest and coached in the midwest prior to coming to Tennessee. If he does big things over the next year or two, and Kelly leaves for the NFL, then I can see him being a top target.

Matt "Ja" Rhule's another guy. Temple's HC. Great dude.

Would hate to see The Herman8or or Rhule go to ND although it could very well happen. Notre Shame is a classless program that is known to do very shady things, such as cover up their players raping women a la Baylor.

Herman is the only one that would go there.

I think you're right, bud. Urban's an Ohio guy at a superior program. Harbaugh's a Michigan grad at a superior program. Pete's with a perennial Super Bowl contender. Nicky Satan's at a superior program.

Plus, who would want to live in/near South Bend? It's a hellhole.

Brian Kelly finished in the top 20 3 times in 3 years at Cincy.

He's finished in the top 20 3 times in 6 years at Notre Dame.

He's been a mondo disappointment. I get that the schedule has been tough at ND but we're talking about a program that recruits itself.

I thought Neuter Shame would be doing what Ohio State has done under Urban. Notre Shame has mostly been 8-5 under Brian Kelly.

Michigan/MSU is on ESPNU. Was at a family get together watching by myself in the living room and all everyone in the kitchen heard was
"holy shit...holy shit....holy shit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back