Chael Sonnen is a felon. Bruce Lee doesn't tap to strikes.

You can find white belts these days with better grappling than Bruce Lee. Look at this stupid shit

giphy.gif

You're presumably trolling... but for the people that don't realize... this was 1972. He was a student of fighting. Compared to his competition at the time, he was way ahead of the game. Chuck Norris currently has a 3rd degree black belt in BJJ... what level of experience do you think Bruce would have attained if he were alive today? ;-)

You're presumably trolling... but for the people that don't realize... this was 1972. He was a student of fighting. Compared to his competition at the time, he was way ahead of the game. Chuck Norris currently has a 3rd degree black belt in BJJ... what level of experience do you think Bruce would have attained if he were alive today? ;-)

100% moot point. We're not talking about how well Bruce Lee would do against modern MMA fighters, if he were born in the 80s or 90s and had modern MMA training. We're talking about how the Bruce Lee from the 70s - the Bruce Lee we know, would do against modern MMA fighters, and the answer is exactly as Chael Sonnen stated: he would get absolutely slaughtered. He was a manlet with shit grappling.

Yeah, I don't get the crazy love for Bruce Lee the actor.

If you want to go old school fighters, look at Helio.

Bruce Lee is a myth and would've gotten destroyed by Boxers/Muay Thai fighters of his time.

hqdefault.jpg

I came across some insufferable Bruce Lee fanboys who were very adamant about the fact that Lee would've beaten Ali and 88 Mike Tyson because one head kick.

I hate how much Bruce Lee fans make me hate liking Bruce Lee.

False, Chael Sonnen is not a felon. He turned rat in order to avoid becoming a felon.

Bruce Lee is a myth and would've gotten destroyed by Boxers/Muay Thai fighters of his time.

hqdefault.jpg

I agree, Bruce although a very talented martial artist didn't have much fight experience in the competition sense, sure their are stories of him getting into street fights with untrained people, I feel had.he fought anyone of equal or greater skills he would lose more then he would win, remember he was a showman, a cold actor, his dream was to break into Hollywood,

hqdefault.jpg

All karate/kickboxer types would get destroyed against the likes of prime Sugar Ray and Duran. As for the MT fighters of his day, who were the top MT guys in the late 1960s?

Lee never claimed to be the world's best all-around fighter. However, he saw the necessity to blend fighting styles and eliminate fluff. He also had more to do with making martial arts popular in the U.S. and worldwide than anyone else. For those reasons, he's truly a godfather of MMA and we should be thankful, not disrespectful like most of snot-nosed, spoiled brat snowflakes running around here.

In case anyone wants to be equal opportunity, I'm pretty sure Rampage is a felon, too.

All karate/kickboxer types would get destroyed against the likes of prime Sugar Ray and Duran. As for the MT fighters of his day, who were the top MT guys in the late 1960s?

Lee never claimed to be the world's best all-around fighter. However, he saw the necessity to blend fighting styles and eliminate fluff. He also had more to do with making martial arts popular in the U.S. and worldwide than anyone else. For those reasons, he's truly a godfather of MMA and we should be thankful, not disrespectful like most of snot-nosed, spoiled brat snowflakes running around here.
His fans claim he was the greatest fighter of all time...They claim he could just destroy everybody in MMA and he would be banned because he is too deadly...Sorry, but lots of idiotic bruce lee fans think this.

Eliminate fluff?

y-ewc_hcjkd_c06-3.jpg

He created Jeet Kune Do.......and it has a bunch of traditional bullshit fluff......if this shit was so effective, MMA fighters would be learning this as their base.

Yes, he said that fighters should blend style...That concept was correct but he never figured out which were the best styles, thus he invented a bullshit martial art like Jeet Kune Do....So his Martial Arts knowledge wasn't super high like you people claimed, if it were, he would've literally invented a style that incorporated boxing/kicks/knees/BJJ/JUDO/Wrestling AKA MMA....but he didn't do that because he isn't a wise as you people claim.

His fans claim he was the greatest fighter of all time...They claim he could just destroy everybody in MMA and he would be banned because he is too deadly...Sorry, but lots of idiotic bruce lee fans think this.

Eliminate fluff?

y-ewc_hcjkd_c06-3.jpg

He created Jeet Kune Do.......and it has a bunch of traditional bullshit fluff......if this shit was so effective, MMA fighters would be learning this as their base.

Yes, he said that fighters should blend style...That concept was correct but he never figured out which were the best styles, thus he invented a bullshit martial art like Jeet Kune Do....So his Martial Arts knowledge wasn't super high like you people claimed, if it were, he would've literally invented a style that incorporated boxing/kicks/knees/BJJ/JUDO/Wrestling AKA MMA....but he didn't do that because he isn't a wise as you people claim.

Horrible post.
1) I was talking about Bruce Lee not making claims. You're talking about his fans. Plenty of overrated and over-the-hill MMA fighters have overzealous fans...but we don't blame the fighters for them.

2) You're trying to analyze JKD in terms of 2018 MMA and martial arts (hindisight analysis fallacy). Given that Lee was one of the first to do this, it's impressive he added boxing, western wrestling, judo and submissions to a martial arts style in the early 1970s. Literally no one else was combining so many ideas back then.

Horrible post.
1) I was talking about Bruce Lee not making claims. You're talking about his fans. Plenty of overrated and over-the-hill MMA fighters have overzealous fans...but we don't blame the fighters for them.

2) You're trying to analyze JKD in terms of 2018 MMA and martial arts (hindisight analysis fallacy). Given that Lee was one of the first to do this, it's impressive he added boxing, western wrestling, judo and submissions to a martial arts style in the early 1970s. Literally no one else was combining so many ideas back then.
1) I was explaining why Bruce lee gets pushed back...it's because of his fans who overrate him....Say what you want, but his fans overrating the shit out of him, is still why we talk about him today and why Chael made a video.....Bullshit claims get blowback.

2) JKD is still complete shit...It still retains a lot of bullshit martial art crap that simply don't work.....Stop making it seem as it resembles anything to MMA, it mostly resembles to traditional martial arts crap.

1) I was explaining why Bruce lee gets pushed back...it's because of his fans who overrate him....Say what you want, but his fans overrating the shit out of him, is still why we talk about him today and why Chael made a video.....Bullshit claims get blowback.

2) JKD is still complete shit...It still retains a lot of bullshit martial art crap that simply don't work.....Stop making it seem as it resembles anything to MMA, it mostly resembles to traditional martial arts crap.

Your reading comp is just as far off as your logic. May I kindly suggest the following?
https://www.education.com/worksheets/third-grade/fiction-comprehension/

Your reading comp is just as far off as your logic. May I kindly suggest the following?
https://www.education.com/worksheets/third-grade/fiction-comprehension/
You clearly lack any sort of logic.

People wouldn't talk shit about bruce lee if it wasn't for his idiotic fans...That's why you get insulted by Chael or anybody in this thread talking shit about him, is very stupid since you don't address all the idiotic bruce lee fans who are the cause of this blowback.

JKD is shit bro...Sorry...Even back then the best JKD fighter would've lost to BJJers, Boxers, Muay Thai Fighters, and wrestlers in a Fight........So even during it's time it wasn't the best martial art.

Like I said, I give him credit for combining martial arts but thats pretty much it.

<Meh02>Bruce Lee was a actor. Chael Sonnen is a Cage Fighter and a MMA personality analyst / commentator, FACTS.

[<diva4} Chael Sonnen actually fought. And Bruce Lee's " fighting " was a choreographed dance on film...

{<hhh] Jose Canseco and CM punk have more professional fights than Bruce Lee...

{<jimmies} # FACTS
Oh honey, you just need to stop. You trying too hard, maybe just go back to cleaning the house or washing the dishes until your man comes home and can fix you up right.

Back