Media Chael Sonnen: 'No one wants to see Islam vs Oliveira rematch. Neither do fighters'

Lol @ Chael trying to shit on Oliveira and stir things up again. DC tried a similar narrative on his YT channel.

The truth is real fightfans don’t care a F, if someone does not get to pad their record with the stylistically best matching opponents or if they feel bored or not in their camp, nor if they only have a few years left in their career and want to retire without giving any rematches. That is all irrelevant. We want to see the best fight the best.

I’m with Chael. There’s plenty of fighters Islam could face , Arman, Justin, Chandler or move up. He beat him soundly with no defiance the first time .

Olives blatantly ducked him the second time around and I think mentally he doesn’t have the grit to face Islam again.

I don't mind it, because I kinda like Charles, so I'm okay with him having another shot at the title, but I don't see it going differently. Hence, I am nowhere near as interested in it as in the first time, and then I was already convinced he hadn't much to offer against Islam anyway.

On the one hand, he avoids having to fight more guys and potentially losing the opportunity for another title shot; on the other, he's very unlikely to beat Islam, so maybe waiting for someone else to beat him - a better matchup for himself - would be a better business decision.

Chael bashing aside does anyone want to explain the actual impetus behind a rematch where the fight was not controversial in the slightest and the guy that lost it is on a 1-fight win streak??

Because the guy on a one fight win streak that lost to the champ has finished everyone else immediately in line.

Gaethje finished Poirier, so should he get the shot? Charles finished both of them.

Charles lost to Islam, he doesn't sit out for a rematch, he finishes Dariush.

I'm not saying that Charles should unequivocally get the title shot. But as far as rematches go, this is far from controversial.

i couldn't agree more it's a borring squash match just do a fresh match up there are fresh match ups to make

Who actually gives a shit about what this bum says?
Average fighter, a cheater, now clickbaiter
I dont know why you waste your time with this scrub
regardless of all that he is right in this situation

Relative to what? Would I rather see Arman? Sure. Would I rather see Justin? Not yet.

Strange, but IMO Charles is the second most compelling match-up after Arman. The finish was dominant, but the fight was close enough to have a different outcome--even if it's a little more likely than not to end similarly.

What kinda drugs is this man on now? He looks like he’s ready to die in the next year or two.

Back