Change My Mind: A Society Cannot "Work" Itself to Equality

the only way to start your own business is to be born rich, inherit a business, or borrow money from rich people. you cannot just wake up one day and decide you're working for yourself. wealth is a club, and you can't get in.
Such a pathetic attitude. Normal people literally start businesses every day

the only way to start your own business is to be born rich, inherit a business, or borrow money from rich people. you cannot just wake up one day and decide you're working for yourself. wealth is a club, and you can't get in.

What exactly do you think a business is? I run 2 of them which do me very well, and neither required any initial capital.

My wife on the other hand took on substantial debt to become a doctor...so it was her who borrowed money from rich people.

What exactly do you think a business is? I run 2 of them which do me very well, and neither required any initial capital.
every business requires capital. so if you didn't put it up, you borrowed it from someone with money.

Equality is for commie losers.

If someone is double digit iq and sits at home all day smoking weed and drinking, they do not deserve or are entitled to a life of Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk.

Capitalism is the fairest system as it rewards value. Everyone has opportunity to create value and exchange their value on the free market. If your labor or result of your labor has value, the market will reward you.

In communism, even the smartest and most dri en people are poor and have shifty lives.

Commies are scum of the earth

every business requires capital. so if you didn't put it up, you borrowed it from someone with money.
Bullshit. I started my consultancy and training company with literally emails and some self produced PowerPoint presentations.

I suppose you class the clothes I wear, or the tablet I use when I present as capital.

Bullshit. I started my consultancy and training company with literally emails and some self produced PowerPoint presentations.

I suppose you class the clothes I wear, or the tablet I use when I present as capital.
"some emails" yeah maybe in fucking 1996

with business loans. from rich people.

Life experience really does shape one's view of the world. You must have grown up surrounded by losers and malcontents.

I've known a dozen people that have started business, including myself, and none of them used a small business loan. Not that there's anything wrong with them.. They're just difficult to get.

No, I just don't like the messaging that is pushed. Basically society is unequal and we all need to work a lot to get "back on track" financially. I don't think working overtime is going to help the situation as the Owner is still gonna rake in way more than 50% of the money at the end of the year.

A society can't "work hard" to get equality
Is that the messaging?

I always understood it as society is unequal, and it will always be unequal and such is life.

We’re not all born equally attractive, we’re not equally tall or equally intelligent, we don’t have equal size dicks, so why should wealth accumulation be any different?

You do what you can with what you got and try to change your own situation as much as you can don’t worry about society. Life is not fair and never will be, the bigger animals eat the little ones, nature is cruel and doesn’t give a fuck, crying about it won’t help you.

Is that the messaging?

I always understood it as society is unequal, and it will always be unequal and such is life.

We’re not all born equally attractive, we’re not equally tall or equally intelligent, we don’t have equal size dicks, so why should wealth accumulation be any different?

You do what you can with what you got and try to change your own situation as much as you can don’t worry about society. Life is not fair and never will be, the bigger animals eat the little ones, nature is cruel and doesn’t give a fuck, crying about it won’t help you.

Broke, miserable people won't be happy until everyone is as broke and miserable as them. Then we'll have equality

Broke, miserable people won't be happy until everyone is as broke and miserable as them. Then we'll have equality
That’s exactly it, most of these champagne Marxist are not driven by love or compassion for the poor and unfortunate, rather by their envy and hatered for the wealthier and more successful.

If I want more equality with Lionel Messi on the football field, it’s much easier for me to break one of his legs than to go and put all that work and training in to better myself.

Life experience really does shape one's view of the world. You must have grown up surrounded by losers and malcontents.

I've known a dozen people that have started business, including myself, and none of them used a small business loan. Not that there's anything wrong with them.. They're just difficult to get.
<YeahOKJen>

Lol that's not true at all.

My wife pulled her own 401k to start her business, one of my friends didn't even to do that, he was just doing it part time while has was a high school teacher and then quit his teaching job when the business was doing well enough to do it full time, I bid on contracts for jobs with stuff I already have.

You can borrow money from a bank if you're starting or buying a larger business, but I'm not seeing how that is a bad thing to have the option to use money you don't even have to take a shortcut and make more money. You could start small and take longer to grow using your own money, or since you're presumably making a lot more with your own business, you can skip those years and just borrow money to grow no instead of taking several years. You don't think banks should loan you money for a business?

Even inherited businesses are inherited from someone who started it themselves.

If you borrow $200k now, and use it to make $5 million over the next 10 years, your loan is long since paid off and you made several million more for yourself than if you'd have taken that entire time to build what you got instantly 10 years ago, and if you do it well and pay it back quickly, you made $5 million dollars while the bank that loaned it to you didn't make much more than they lent you in the first place.

All these guys could do that of course, but roommates are terrible and I would rather live in a van personally... They're plugged into my house so they have power and they have water and they have access to a restroom in my office which is also on the property. I also have a big field with lots of beautiful trees so they can barbecue and stuff so it's not so bad.

But also you can't get a room for less than 5 or 600 bucks here so they're only paying me $200 just to cover what they use for utilities. That way they can save much more money more quickly.

I had great experiences with roommates. But I was pretty thorough when I was looking.

But I have no issues cleaning the kitchen, even when it was my stuff in the sink. I just can't stand a dirty kitchen.

It wasn't worth my negative energy to get pissed off. And it usually just took a few minutes.

When I was in my 20's, I was always on the go... work, friends, skiing, camping/fishing... Basically, my room was just a place to crash and I hated spending too much money for rent. It just seemed a waste.

Inequality, for lack of a better word, is good.

It unescapable... people are made different

I have twin daughters (fraternal) in High School

- One is highly motivated. Straight A's, In Theater (often after school & weekends) and works 2-3 days per week. She's extremely busy, but just makes it work
- The other is very unmotivated. Doesn't work or have school activities. Plays video games non-stop (except when I ground her). Struggles with school and misses homework assignments all the time.

They were raised in identical settings. Same room, same school, mutual friends (until High School).

All you can do offer equal opportunities for everyone. But they have to want it... you can't make someone be successful.

I'm really struggling with the unmotivated daughter. I was never that way... so its hard for me to understand. I would have freaked the fuck out if I just missed turning in assignments. She's very smart... but no work ethic. Maybe she needs to find her thing to makes her get up in the morning. But I can only do so much. Grounding her from video games and the computer didn't work. I'm on the verge of completely shutting her phone down next... except for texting and phone calls. But it has zero effect. She sees a therapist. Apparently, I'm not able to understand why she is struggling. Which is true... but I haven't heard anything to explain why she is.

lol... Sorry for the rant. It's been difficult.

Equity (equality of outcome) is a myth, dangled in front of idiots to get them to fall for bad political agendas.

You will never have equality of input so why would you expect equality of outcome? If you think about it it doesn't make sense.

Real equality is equality of opportunity, which again is currently sitting under a giant pile of horseshit and race hustling politics.

Barring an apocalypse of biblical proportions our society is unlikely to ever get even remotely close to what people think of when the word "equality" comes up, as we are on a trajectory where the wealth gap is getting exponentially bigger and the relatively few who have excess wealth are hoarding it.

Even the proposed ideas for attempting to even things out are entirely horseshit. If the wealthy part with (some of) their (excess) wealth, they will only do so for POWER, never out of the goodness of their heart on any meaningful scale and the primary reason they would trade wealth for power is they know they can in return leverage the power for more wealth.

View attachment 1024316
Agreed. Equity is promoted as lifting people up that need help to get them to equal footing but it's looking at the issue the wrong way. The classic example is the fence picture:

1*Sbu0UfWk6FZGoUIYFGqrUA.png

The idea is that the short person needs more help than the others to be equal. Instead, what the picture should show is there should be no fence or a chain-link fence - that is EQUALITY. Everyone has the same opportunity. When you are for equity, you are giving people more chances and opportunity than others based on race, religion, sex, etc. That's discrimination and wrong.

If you want true equality, you remove as many barriers as possible to help people. Equity is helping one group of people while discriminating against another.

Back