Charles almost folded.

Rather see Olivera as the champ than that fake ass Mr. USA Mike Chandler. Something about Chandler is just really annoying when he does interviews and talks to the camera.

OP reeks of small dick energy.

he folded to every quality fighter he faced. Holloway, Felder, Pettis, Edger, Cerrone and others.
not a champ material at all
Chandler almost finished him twice & despite giving up his back
he almost submitted him in the first trying to back drop out of a rear naked with a BJJ Black Belt.
enjoy riding his dick sherbros, it wont be a long one

UFC champion on a 9 fight winstreak and 40 fights total can't handle pressure.

This is getting ridiculous, even by Sherdog standards.

I thought so too in the first round, but he toughed it out, and that can change his mentality going forward. After edgar/maynard 2, frankie said it was because of the first fight he knew it was still winnable.

But you see that's thing, you completely missed the part where he didn't fold and stayed hard.
I also thought he was going to break beforehand, but the biggest thing Charles displayed here that he's made a big step in there mentally, that's obvious.

"Almost folded" but managed to come back from adversity. I wanted Chandler to win but it's ok man.

Almost amounts to nothing. Chandler was the one who actually folded. And of all the ways he could have folded, a KO was just absolutely glorious. So nice to see that douche getting slept.

Blonde Oliveira is a beast.

But you see that's thing, you completely missed the part where he didn't fold and stayed hard.
I also thought he was going to break beforehand, but the biggest thing Charles displayed here that he's made a big step in there mentally, that's obvious.
This. When he came out for the second round and commanded the centre again, just like first Rd, I knew he was sticking to the game plan and wasn't quitting. He's turned a corner mentally to match his fighting skillset

It happens. Bisping was MW champ. Serra took the belt off GSP
Did Bisping finish Anderson silva? Did Matt Serra work his way up the rankings? Olivera is now on an 8 fight win streak dominant in all those fights he is the lightweight champion of the world he earned his shot and proved that he was worthy of the strap.

Chandler's a bit chinny and 35. Still not sold on Olives yet. I want to see him vs someone like Poireir before I believe the hype.

he folded to every quality fighter he faced. Holloway, Felder, Pettis, Edger, Cerrone and others.
not a champ material at all
Chandler almost finished him twice & despite giving up his back
he almost submitted him in the first trying to back drop out of a rear naked with a BJJ Black Belt.
enjoy riding his dick sherbros, it wont be a long one

So what you're saying is that he evolved as a fighter and is approaching things with a better mentality now. Also that he did the exact opposite of what he was expected to do.

Agreed OP. He is completely different and far better now. Great praise thread.

None of the guys "folded" imo. Both got into some bad positions and situations and fought through them. One was bound to lose and it was Chandler this time. Pretty good fight.

How can you almost fold? You either do or you don't.

Charles proved he has heart tonight.

Back