Media Charles Oliveira explaining 50K bonus

I had hoped Dana's cheap ass would loosen the purse strings and make the post fight bonuses 100k onward.

This isn't that socking really... Half of you sound like you've never converted money to another currency before. It's not a 1 to 1 conversion.. You pay fees to the bank. Plus taxes, conversion rate... 15-20K is about what I would expect.

Also don't think he's really complaining, he's just saying that he knows he spends his money freely and is appreciative he's in a position now where he can earn PPV points and do so without worrying about fighting in 4 months to put food on the table. I think this had more to do with people assuming because he has a bunch of bonuses, he's rich, which isn't the case with pretty much anybody who has a bunch of POTN bonuses

Guy is the champion, on a 9 fight winning streak, and only now can make decent money. Meanwhile Dana's driveway is stacked with snow. Embarrassing.

DizzyFloweryKakarikis-max-1mb.gif

I thought fighters get to keep their bonuses? Oliveira out here giving 30% off of a bonus.

MMA is one of the few sports where I would support a pay increase for the top 1% (except for conor or jones)

Think hes exaggerating tbh, Brazil isnt place where you wanna be showing off your money. Also US Dollars goes much farther in Brazil because stuff/housinh is cheaper
Let me tell you a story: I have a cousin that lives in Brazil. He asked me to buy him a laptop and send him via mail.
I asked him if it was not dangerous (as many parcels end up "missing" in Brazil).
He told me that even if it does not arrive and try a second time, he would have saved a lot of money.
Only on the third time he would break even, and then ask me to wait until I knew someone who was going to Brazil to take it with them...

That should give you an idea of how much more expensive the cost of life are in Brazil (for Brazilians).

Back