Media Charles Oliveira explaining 50K bonus

that's because you compare like people there receive the same amount of dollars per month.
They don't. their average income is far below poverty... more like impossible to survive levels.
Prices can be as "cheap" as you claim to be, but it is still impossibly high for those who have no money.
Yes, your point being? I specifically mentioned how in US dollars life is very cheap.

Think hes exaggerating tbh, Brazil isnt place where you wanna be showing off your money. Also US Dollars goes much farther in Brazil because stuff/housinh is cheaper
Still, he has a lot of costs to make other Brazilians don't (fight related expenses). He is not poor, but I personally think a guy with that many bonusses and UFC fights should be financially independent by now. It would be weird if he has to work a daytime job after his career, unless he is very bad with money

THIS^^^ I receive quarterly bonuses and I have to take a benzo after I look at the amount of tax that's taken out of both my standard and bonus check combined. It's infuriating.

Nuclear Bombs and Aircraft carriers don't pay for themselves m8 lol

Think hes exaggerating tbh, Brazil isnt place where you wanna be showing off your money. Also US Dollars goes much farther in Brazil because stuff/housinh is cheaper

Right, he may not be rich by US standards but he has to be very rich by brazil standards. Hes got that lifestyle already, even before being champ.

Damn so that's why RDA, Wandy and AS moved to the states
Yes. The double taxation, poor conversion rates and having a lot of mouths to feed really cuts into that pay check.

As a CPA, if he is walking away with $15k from a $50K bonus, someone is stealing from him.

I dunno his numbers sounded reasonable to me. I assume he means he gets 15K after his team takes their share (leaving 35K) then some states that 10-15% income tax no matter what(now down to 30K) loses 3-5% on conversion (now down to 29K) then brazil taxes him 27.5% (21K). Not quite down to the 15K but he might be exaggerating a little or the amount brazil calculates the tax on is higher than 29K.

If you are in a country without a tax treaty with USA then you have to pay the tax twice (China is a good example of this).

I dunno his numbers sounded reasonable to me. I assume he means he gets 15K after his team takes their share (leaving 35K) then some states that 10-15% income tax no matter what(now down to 30K) loses 3-5% on conversion (now down to 29K) then brazil taxes him 27.5% (21K). Not quite down to the 15K but he might be exaggerating a little or the amount brazil calculates the tax on is higher than 29K.

If you are in a country without a tax treaty with USA then you have to pay the tax twice (China is a good example of this).

U
Fight
Cheap

Yes, your point being? I specifically mentioned how in US dollars life is very cheap.
and yet you compare both countries like the only difference is the currency.
It is not.

Back