Media Charles Oliveira is open to Colby fight at 170

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Personally I love this fight & have been trying to manifest it since Colby lost to Leon. Not sure where it would happen because UK/Perth/Noche/Spain ?/Abu-Dhabi don't make any sense.

Maybe an ABC card in Brazil in Aug/Sep, ala Whittaker/Khamzat? Would be yuge in Brazil. Also at MSG but that's 6 months away which far too long to wait.

Sounds good to me.

I thought Colby looked somewhere between on the downtrend and washed in the Leon fight. There aren't a whole lot of top guys whom I like his chances against.

Honestly a good move for Olivera.

Move up to WW, beat a top "contender" and put himself one more win from a WW title shot.

Colby isn't going to knock him out or submit him, so not sure what Colby's path to victory is besides a DQ win lol.

Do it.

For Colby to take it, promise a title shot but if he wins you obviously don't actually give him a title shot.

I am ALWAYS down for a Oliveira fight! Anybody at any weight class he is must see Fuckin TV and even though it isn’t a favorable matchup I will always root for my boy olives!
Charles is the better striker by a mile and his BJJ is incredibly dangerous.

Colby looked like shit vs Leon and is not getting any younger. Before that he was fighting nothing but washed up guys and Kamaru Usman.

Only thing I don't like about this matchup is that Cobly does not deserve the spotlight.

Nah Colby doesn't deserve to fight Oliveira. Oliveira put on a great competitive fight with Tsarukyan, he's a real title contender, not good to waste time screwing around with a bum like Colby in a different weight class

Charles is the better striker by a mile and his BJJ is incredibly dangerous.

Colby looked like shit vs Leon and is not getting any younger. Before that he was fighting nothing but washed up guys and Kamaru Usman.

Only thing I don't like about this matchup is that Cobly does not deserve the spotlight.
Yea but Olives can steal that WW Colby shine that he doesn’t deserve. I am 100% behind anything that puts Oliveira in big fights with big name opponents and opportunity to take their shine. If this happens WW Oliveira will be born and take the division by storm thus shaking up a division that is stagnating.

Olives deserves a much better title opportunity than Chaos. Ending the drama from the Ian Garry/Layla saga imho would sell much better IF Colby will just step up.

Back