Media Charles Oliveira is open to Colby fight at 170

I'd like that fight. Colby isn't a big WW, and Charles very much is a big LW these days.

I think Charles has a fine grasp on his own time expenditure. If he wants the fight then it's obviously worth his time.
hence, why I said "in my opinion"...... Colby is obviously a sinking ship that isn't up to snuff in his own weight class, Charles still has a genuine shot at the belt in a year or two considering that Islam is planning on the move up to WW.

Olives deserves a much better title opportunity than Chaos. Ending the drama from the Ian Garry/Layla saga imho would sell much better IF Colby will just step up.
If he finishes Colby his starpower will garner a #1 contender fight at 155, even though it'll take place at WW. It's actually a low-risk high-reward for a guy who has lost 2 of 3.

If not Colby then it's probably Gamrot, not a lot options for Charles atm.

hence, why I said "in my opinion"...... Colby is obviously a sinking ship that isn't up to snuff in his own weight class, Charles still has a genuine shot at the belt in a year or two considering that Islam is planning on the move up to WW.
Fair enough. I think finishing Colby puts him back into title contention. Not by logic & merit of course, but rather by fan-clamor & star-power.

Colby haters should rejoice. if Oliveira beats him his reign as a contender is over. if he beats Oliveira it does absolutely nothing for him.
That's exactly why I'm fine with it, but why is Colby allowed to call out a 155er?

If Charles takes this fight and wins I wouldn't actually want him to stay 170. It does make sense for Charles in a way that at least he doesn't have to fight backwards at LW. It's a win/win for him.

Colby should be cut for calling out 40 year old WW's and LW's smaller than him, while ducking actual contenders in his division. What value does this guy bring? Them PPV numbers can't be that good. Trade him to PFL for a bag of chips so he can devalue their fight promotion.

If this shit happens I hope Charles chokes him out like Warley Alves did.
Im with @richardjohnson though, Colby should definitely be fighting Ian Garry (whom I also can't stand) lol.

If Charles takes this fight and wins I wouldn't actually want him to stay 170. It does make sense for Charles in a way that at least he doesn't have to fight backwards at LW. It's a win/win for him.

Colby should be cut for calling out 40 year old WW's and LW's smaller than him, while ducking actual contenders in his division. What value does this guy bring? Them PPV numbers can't be that good. Trade him to PFL for a bag of chips so he can devalue their fight promotion.
You "wouldn't" want him to stay there or would?

You "wouldn't" want him to stay there or would?
I'm ok with him fighting Colby at 170 but I don't think he should make a permanent move to 170. If his next fight is against Colby it's better than fighting backwards at LW and then if he beats Colby at WW he can maybe fight forward again at LW.

I'm ok with him fighting Colby at 170 but I don't think he should make a permanent move to 170. If his next fight is against Colby it's better than fighting backwards at LW and then if he beats Colby at WW he can maybe fight forward again at LW.

Ok I gotcha, its the way that it read that threw me off sir, I apologize.

Charles is in a fucked up position at 155 though so that makes sense.

Ian trains at Chuteboxe when he was in Brazil. Idk if they were close but Olives has seniority. Dibs on Colby's cringe ass.
I'm down to see either guy give Colby an ass whooping but with how hard he is ducking the Garry fight I think it'd be funnier seeing him lose to Ian.

Not a bad fight, Colby isnt the biggest WW, 2 vets going at it.

Makes more sense than what some are giving credit for. They're big names who ran into recent road blocks in their division.

Charles beating Colby gives another name to his resume. The UFC doesn't care that much about divisions, Charles beating Colby will still give him momentum at LW for that reason. It's a higher profile win for him than any of the fights he has at LW minus McGregor, who is too unreliable to plan to fight.

Covington...this is a no brainer for him. He's too scared to fight any of the welterweights who aren't ancient. If he beats Charles he could leverage it into a relatively undeserved 155 title shot.

Personally I love this fight & have been trying to manifest it since Colby lost to Leon. Not sure where it would happen because UK/Perth/Noche/Spain ?/Abu-Dhabi don't make any sense.

Maybe an ABC card in Brazil in Aug/Sep, ala Whittaker/Khamzat? Would be yuge in Brazil. Also at MSG but that's 6 months away which far too long to wait.

Nooooo don’t do it Oliveira, don’t give Colby what he wants.

Back