News *** Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev MEGA THREAD PART II (OFFICIAL FOR UFC 280, 10/22) ***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Wouldn’t be very surprising. Obviously that’s his gameplan and Oliveira is unlikely to resist much as he’s comfortable on the ground. How it plays out from there is the real intrigue.

I honestly don't understand the Khabib hate around here.
It's one thing to not like him, that's fine. But the narratives about him that people create are ridiculous and hilarious.

"He's a coward for retiring!" - Anyone is free to retire whenever the fuck they like. And who wouldn't like to retire as an undefeated champion?! It's never been done before, so good for him. You don't HAVE to fight until you lose. that's idiotic. And he had perfectly valid reasons anyway!
"He's ducking Charles!" - LOL. If he was scared of Charles, I doubt he'd constantly campaign for his best buddy to take the fight. Like, use your heads, people.
"He talks too much!" - He literally doesn't talk any more than anyone else!! Even other retired fighters. And as a person with his knowledge and skill, who retired as an undefeated champion, I personally like hearing his opinions on things.
"He made someone do push-ups!!!! OMG!!!!!" - I can't even bring myself to address this one, because it's SO fucking stupid. That dude got $5 and may have otherwise not eaten that day.

Notice how I stated my entire case/opinion without mentioning Conor or his fans?
Take note, idiots.

I have no idea how this fight will play out. Charles has more ways to win, but I don't know if that will be able to overcome Islam's ridiculous top game.

Playing guard can be exhausting, especially in pressure passing situations.

Are the Oliviera 'fans' (khabib haters) going to give Islam credit if he dominates like I expect?
Or will Charles all of a sudden become a bum with 9 losses??

You guys need to stick to your guns. You are proclaiming that Charlie is greater than Khabib and Islam is undeserving. So you need to give Islam much appreciation for beating the LW GOAT!

"Because I'm one dimensional AF and I know I'll get KTFO'd again if I try to stand with someone who has an average stand up game!"

iu

Daniel Cormier asks: 'what if you can't take him (Oliveira) down?'

Islam Makhachev answers: 'I will take him down VERY FAST'

What is the point?
It's like bragging about "being able" to take Maia down...
You are not safer on the ground.....

the dagestani are just on another level man, like khabib use to say "before fight they believe, after one round they no believe" i predict submission by islam, but i think probably in the 3rd/4th round after oliviera is drained, charles is actually quite big built frame slightly bigger than islam imo

Any wrestler saying this should get the Jorge Masvidal approach in my opinion.
masvidal-askren.gif

Last edited:
Suprisingly Oliveira has the worst TDD % among ranked Lightweights

he grabs the neck of a lot of dudes who take him down and think theyre in a dominant position. my guess is he gives a lot of those takedowns away just because he is so confident in his submission skills. Islam better watch out, he hasnt faced a grappler on Charles' level; closest would be Arman.

Why is DC laughing uncontrollably because of Islam’s accent?

Back