Charles Olivera was robbed

That is the defense though. So he should get points off for successfully defending in a way that takes him out of any danger?
I don’t think he does that unless it’s deep, thus my reasoning for the most significant thing to happen in the 3rd.

I don’t have a problem with people judging it either way

I don’t think he does that unless it’s deep, thus my reasoning for the most significant thing to happen in the 3rd.

I don’t have a problem with people judging it either way
Nah, doing that prevents any pressure from being put on top of you. It's not like it's last chance saloon at that point, it just literally takes the person's ability to basically pressure the submission almost entirely away.

Nah, doing that prevents any pressure from being put on top of you. It's not like it's last chance saloon at that point, it just literally takes the person's ability to basically pressure the submission almost entirely away.
Also, Charles tried to hook Armans leg with his own and Arman also defended that, so it wasn't "just going limp" as some are trying to characterize it, it was an active defense and it was on Charles to show that the choke was dangerous since the judges can't see clearly. They only saw Arman defending and relaxed and giving thumbs up to the ref.

It does state that takedowns and top control are scored though

Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.” It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown. Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position.

&

Effective grappling is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown and reversals. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to mount position, and bottom position fighters using an active threatening guard.

I'm still winning over your down syndrome

Yes, that is the word. Welcome
yeah i know its your fantasy to trump me lmao but the only winning you're doing is in your imagination on an internet forum you pathetic retard

There is no "he almost submitted him" lol. You can't always tell how close the sub is to finishing but if you would, consider that you can be plenty safe in a position of a guillotine or a darth by the amount those subs fail without needing to experience it yourselves.

Idk, I don't think so. He's trained for 5 rounders forever and still looked fresh at the end. I think he just over estimated his performance. Fwiw he is probably my fav fighter so I'm not just trying to shit on him, think he just straight blew it
Training and fighting are noticeably different. It's been quite sometime since Charles has gone past the second round.

Also, Charles tried to hook Armans leg with his own and Arman also defended that, so it wasn't "just going limp" as some are trying to characterize it, it was an active defense and it was on Charles to show that the choke was dangerous since the judges can't see clearly. They only saw Arman defending and relaxed and giving thumbs up to the ref.
He didnt give a thumbs up

Almost finished based on what?

Should we consider every time someone attempts a guillotine and refuses to let go as almost finishing someone??

The guillotine was obviously tight. Arman admitted as much.

Darce chokes I believe have a much higher success rate in the UFC once locked in like that than guillotines, no?

Round 1 was close but Olives did better
Round 2 and 3 were Armans.
Split is stupid. Should be UD for Tsarukyan.

But biggest outtake from that fight is that Charlie is past prime now - he didn't look like Charles from Gaethje/Poirier, etc. fights.

He's not past his prime, he was just fighting a better grappler.

He wasn't robbed. Arman is just too strong for him, they're skills are close with Charles being a tad better. But the strength is exactly why Arman won.

He wasn't robbed but it was close and he would've won rd 3 for sure if knees to a "grounded opponent" were allowed.

Pretty sick of grapplers sitting on there knees like a cheap whore on path to victory. Gotta change that stupid ass rule. Haven't Colorado & maybe Cali adopted knees?
If knees to a downed opponent were legal Arman could of went for it too and fight to not end up there

I gave Charles the first round, that guilotine looked nasty. I was kinda undecided on the last round and excepted a split decision. Second round was clearly Arman. Since 2 rounds were close and 1 was clear I am glad Arman rightfully got the W.

The first sub attempt was tight-like-a-tiger

However his final choke attempt was nowhere near the finish and they both knew it

Are you sure, I could have sworn he did when the ref was talking to him, I'll have to rewatch to be sure. He indicated he was still conscious a few times during that last sub attempt.
99 % sure because i remember being hopeful til the very end. Let me know after your rewatch aint gonna watch that shit again

Back