Charlo vs Castaño July 17th Showtime PBC

Winner?

• Total voters
Charlo should've won this fight. Poor game plan from him and because of his passivity he had to fight his way back to a draw. Just terrible game planning. Same thing happened with Lara although that was more of a back-and-forth.

These fighters don't take Castano seriously and then end up on the wrong end of a decision or a draw against him.

LOL Considering that Gale Van Hoy got away with crap scorecards for 25 years, this isn't surprising.

Texas has the worst commission of any state that gets major fight cards.

Charlo should've won this fight. Poor game plan from him and because of his passivity he had to fight his way back to a draw. Just terrible game planning. Same thing happened with Lara although that was more of a back-and-forth.

These fighters don't take Castano seriously and then end up on the wrong end of a decision or a draw against him.

If a rematch happens it has Jermell written all over it, as he can do several adjustments. I don't really see where could be Castano's room for improvement. He's just a WW going after a MW that should do better the next time around.

If he means he's eyeing a run at 154 I can't really see what advantages he brings against natural MWs. It's not like he was a world beater at 147.
I don’t understand why he wants to move up…. Lubin already said he will welcome him

They are good friends and training partners under the same trainer Derrick James. I dont think they would fight.

Oh they will fight Spence has that fire in the ring and when it comes to Boxing legacy Belts he has no friends, Spence will try and really hurt Charlo.

Castano won clearly.. I had him up by three rounds at the end.. Charlo just did not throw enough at all. Outside of the two rounds that Charlo hurt Castano (each being a single point round, because Castano didn't go down), Charlo was far too passive with the vast majority of what he did throw hitting gloves/arms.

117-111??? That guy should be tarred and feathered.

In any case, I bet $5 on the draw, so I won $80 but that was some of that bullshit.

Scored it for Castano but a draw seems fine i guess. The wide card is a joke just as it was in Choco-Estrada 2.

Missed the fight, but lost a decent amount of money betting on Castano by decision. Sounds like Castano likely deserved it, but I knew going in who was likely to get the better scores, and I've heard it was a 7-5 deal where one or two could've been 10-8 Charlo. You live and you learn. Can't be too mad about it.

Back