Social Chicago police profiling or justified?

black people are most likely to be shot because black people are most likely to commit crimes. its not rocket surgery
but except it is rocket science in america.

try to go in a black neighborhood and NOT profile..... lmfao.

People "don't snitch" in those neighborhoods because that's how you get yourself hurt.
So instead of the community uniting to end the problem in their neighborhood they'd rather sit back and watch it escalate.
Because #dontsnitch

So instead of the community uniting to end the problem in their neighborhood they'd rather sit back and watch it escalate.
Because #dontsnitch

No, they do not want to get themselves or loved ones killed in retaliation. They do not trust the police to protect them so they stay quiet.

It's hard to unite as a community when you got armed groups that segregate your community by street blocks.

Profiling is an important tool if used responsibly. That's kind of the thing - I would hope they use it responsibly. Not using it at all is kind of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Duh. Of course BLM cares only about the black folks killed by the cops.
There's nobody to sue for black on black crimes.
/story
Also nobody from whom to demand reparations.

The Democrats enable the narrative despite that they never make a genuine effort to correct these problems. They just pander to racist perspectives and anger in order to keep that demographic ticking 93% in their column.

It's the Democrat's version of using religions/guns/abortion to get working class voters to perpetually vote against their own economic self-interests (and I'm not talking about policies that even working-class Republicans understand are unrealistic and irresponsible proposals like free college or free nationwide broadband home internet or immediate 207% minimum wage increases).

It's hard to unite as a community when you got armed groups that segregate your community by street blocks.

Wouldn't this be a huge priority that needs addressing? What's BLM said about it?

Also nobody from whom to demand reparations.

The Democrats enable the narrative despite that they never make a genuine effort to correct these problems. They just pander to racist perspectives and anger in order to keep that demographic ticking 93% in their column.

It's the Democrat's version of using religions/guns/abortion to get working class voters to perpetually vote against their own economic self-interests (and I'm not talking about policies that even working-class Republicans understand are unrealistic and irresponsible proposals like free college or free nationwide broadband home internet or immediate 207% minimum wage increases).
Blaming democrats or blaming republicans or blaming black lives matter or blaming racists. So much blame to go around but noone excepts any.

Wouldn't this be a huge priority that needs addressing? What's BLM said about it?
Who cares? I want to know what people with actual power has to say about it but more importantly what are they going to do about it.

Who cares? I want to know what people with actual power has to say about it but more importantly what are they going to do about it.

Well, usually people raise awareness of the cause first. If activists had put a tenth of the effort into calling out gang violence as they did white privilege, this plight may actually be on the table today.

Don't know if any BLM groups have said about it but this is a problem many black community activists have discussed across the country for years. Police being held accountable for their actions would go along way to establishing trust with black communities. Especially black communities in Chicago who have an especially strained relationship with cops.

If cops can improve that relationship and prove they are trustworthy then you will see more cooperation from black communities.

Don't know if any BLM groups have said about it but this is a problem many black community activists have discussed across the country for years. Police being held accountable for their actions would go along way to establishing trust with black communities. Especially black communities in Chicago who have an especially strained relationship with cops.

If cops can improve that relationship and prove they are trustworthy then you will see more cooperation from black communities.

It doesn't seem that anyone wants to restore that relationship. Remember when Ice Cube said they either don't know, don't show, or don't care? The accusation seems to go both ways at this point. Instead, activists focus on identity politics and divisive rhetoric and the murder rates rise.

It doesn't seem that anyone wants to restore that relationship. Remember when Ice Cube said they either don't know, don't show, or don't care? The accusation seems to go both ways at this point. Instead, activists focus on identity politics and divisive rhetoric and the murder rates rise.

Trust me, people in crime ridden communities want to have a better relationship with police. It's on local governments and police departments to improve these relationships.
They have to prove they care about the communities they serve and that they can be trusted to protect them.

Odd that the only communities that have strained relationships with police, are crime ridden shit holes. Who'd a thunk it?

Trust me, people in crime ridden communities want to have a better relationship with police. It's on local governments and police departments to improve these relationships.
They have to prove they care about the communities they serve and that they can be trusted to protect them.

I'm sure many do. I'm also sure that many don't, namely criminals.

I'm also confident that even though the relationship is flawed, it's stable enough where you can report a murder, even anonymously.

Blaming democrats or blaming republicans or blaming black lives matter or blaming racists. So much blame to go around but noone excepts any.

I'm pretty sure I'm part of the problem.

The problem is you can't testify anonymously. I have a cousin who was a homicide detective in L.A. during the 80s and 90s who said they usually found out by word of mouth who committed a murder
but often they needed eyewitness testimony to put the asshole away. Otherwise they would try and lock the dude up for some other charge and hope they could sweat a confession out of him

I imagine detectives today face similar problems.

Edit: Meant to quote you @dontsnitch

just sit in your police car grab a donut and let them kill each other problem solved.
The problem is they aren't just killing each other. A lot of innocents get killed (like an 8 year old boy shot dead just for walking through the wrong neighborhood or down the wrong street on his way to or from school).

The problem is you can't testify anonymously. I have a cousin who was a homicide detective in L.A. during the 80s and 90s who said they usually found out by word of mouth who committed a murder
but often they needed eyewitness testimony to put the asshole away. Otherwise they would try and lock the dude up for some other charge and hope they could sweat a confession out of him

I imagine detectives today face similar problems.

Edit: Meant to quote you @dontsnitch

That's fair, I imagine nobody wants to snitch in public in a culture where it's frowned upon. The irony in my name is noted.

Back