Chiesa Conor Lawsuit Update

I don't see Chiesa getting anywhere near a million. It was a minor injury.

oh the injury isn't where the damages are nor is there much argument about that

they could of sent conor the bill for it and he would of covered it + cheisas show + win fee for the fight

here's the argument theyre making

the bus incident was part of some sort of "promotion" they helped conor make 55 million for the fight and cheisa was injured and was an unaware part of the "promo" hence is entitled to the 55 million the promo helped generate

obviously there are huge issues with the argument that's what the litigation is centered around

1) how much was the "promo" worth - was it all the money? no - but it was probably more than 0 as it caused it a lot of media
2) did cheisa have anything to do to help the "promo" - I guess his bloody scared face could of helped create some sense of drama
3) was it even staged and a "promo" ? or just a random attack

They didn't move to dismiss the case - they moved to dismiss a CAUSE OF ACTION

which was the INTENTIONAL infliction of emotional distress which has huge PUNITIVE damages and automatic attorneys fees

actual cost is lost wage and medical (prolly 200k or so) - this is critical
The headlines read differently but I believe you. It does NOT seem like the case has been dismissed like one of the above posters stated.

oh the injury isn't where the damages are nor is there much argument about that

they could of sent conor the bill for it and he would of covered it + cheisas show + win fee for the fight

here's the argument theyre making

the bus incident was part of some sort of "promotion" they helped conor make 55 million for the fight and cheisa was injured and was an unaware part of the "promo" hence is entitled to the 55 million the promo helped generate

obviously there are huge issues with the argument that's what the litigation is centered around

1) how much was the "promo" worth - was it all the money? no - but it was probably more than 0 as it caused it a lot of media
2) did cheisa have anything to do to help the "promo" - I guess his bloody scared face could of helped create some sense of drama
3) was it even staged and a "promo" ? or just a random attack

Lol he's just wasting money on attorneys fees arguing that.

Chiesa officialy holds 49% of Proper 12, isn't that fucking awesome?

And did you hear the news on where Chiesa is opening the next Proper 12 brewery?
In Russian... Isn't Cheisa fucking awesome?

2fdjs6.gif

Hahah holy shit is that an edited GIF or is Dana actually that red?!

I don't see Chiesa getting anywhere near a million. It was a minor injury.

It's not so much the injury itself but the lost earnings had it not happened. His argument was he was the highest ranked LW on the card so when Max had to withdraw he would have been called to fight Khabib instead of Al. I don't know what his ranking was but if true his argument is he missed out on whatever prize money Al earned the same night - I'm guessing half a million or so?

5 will you get you 10 he pricked himself.

He had one small puncture wound directly on the forehead and he didn't wipe the blood until after a picture was taken of him? Please.

Why not appropriately title the thread "Is there and update?" rather than seeming to state that there is an update? You can do better.

The lawsuit is still pending in New York. That is why you haven't been able to come up with anything fresh. Because there isn't anything.

Why not appropriately title the thread "Is there and update?" rather than seeming to state that there is an update? You can do better.

Tomato tumawtoe

Did anything happen with this? It's been over a year now.

I'm guessing they settled out of court hence the lack of news?

Chiesa was suing Conor for lost earnings saying his injury from the bus attack kept him from having the title-shot against Khabib at UFC 223.

It's common courtesy to put a ? at the end of your thread title when asking a question.Your thread title looks like you're posting the information.It's like people's first day on earth around here =/

It's common courtesy to put a ? at the end of your thread title when asking a question.Your thread title looks like you're posting the information.It's like people's first day on earth around here =/
Some who post on here don't have English as a first language. Some are quite young and undeveloped, and don't have the writing skills to make everything perfect, through no fault of their own. Some are poorly-educated, yet still would like to participate in the fun. Give people a break.

Something this concrete isn't getting dismissed

Most likely won't go to trial either though, most likely get settled if not settled already

Some who post on here don't have English as a first language. Some are quite young and undeveloped, and don't have the writing skills to make everything perfect, through no fault of their own. Some are poorly-educated, yet still would like to participate in the fun. Give people a break.

And that would be totally fine,it's just the majority of people simply don't care or put in any effort when making a thread.I hear ya though =/ You go to certain places and 9 out of 10 would have put a ? mark there.But some people just pick up stuff from what they see and don't know better,so commenting on it and saying something isn't just to bust someone's balls,it's to say,this is how it should be done for future reference is all.Little bit of both I guess,it's the only way some people get the point unfortunately.

Last edited:
Back