Chito just never learns...

Easy to talk on the internet when you're not eating lasers from Sean for 25 minutes. That first knee he ate would've knocked out 90% of the division's roster.

The problem is he would get finished.
When he opened up he had some success but he was also almost finished twice. So he ran and shelled up until he recovered. He wasn't going to out strike Sean in any way. He should have gone for takedowns. Even in the flukey win the last time, he finished it on the ground. I wonder why his corner didn't advise him to take Sean down.
Chito seemingly has some pretty gnarly ground and pound if he somehow ends up on top, but his wrestling is absolutely terrible and Sean is very good at being elusive. Chito's wrestling (or lack thereof) in the Sandhagen fight was honestly painful to watch.

What was odd to me is Chito sat there like a punching bag for 25mins. Dude usually has very low output that’s known. But holy shit he threw damn near nothing, it’s like he was given the note to not fight.

From the get go I was like " where are the leg kicks!?" He mauled Sean's leg in their first fight, why in God's world he didn't do the same shit, make him think, make him second guess! Nah he threw like 4 of em and that was it.

From the get go I was like " where are the leg kicks!?" He mauled Sean's leg in their first fight, why in God's world he didn't do the same shit, make him think, make him second guess! Nah he threw like 4 of em and that was it.
Perhaps learn the sport and watch closer, Sean had several punches he was using to counter Chito's attempted leg kicks.

The skill difference was very alarming between the 2, Chito has no business being in a title fight.

Everytime he moved fwd, he broke Sean's rhythm and made it an actual fight. He let Sean operate from the outside the whole time. Smdh! He was just way too inactive. He got lucky with Frankie and Dom by finishing them late in fights he was losing. He's not gonna win at a high level that way.

Yeah! All he had to do is close the distance and strike Sean and he would of won.

??????

Sean was on point. Chito knew what the assignment was, Sean was just too good. The distance management was impeccable for 95% of the fight.
Perhaps learn the sport and watch closer, Sean had several punches he was using to counter Chito's attempted leg kicks.

The skill difference was very alarming between the 2, Chito has no business being in a title fight.

This. This fight wasn't close in any aspect. Sean controlled the distance, he had command of Chito's and his own timing, in almost every single exchange he had superior angle and entry. There was no "just throw xyz" for Chito because he was not skilled enough to be in this fight.

Chito did not look bad, either. Sean just looked incredible.

I'd say it's about 50% salt and 50% not knowing what they are watching.

They sound exactly like me when my engineering buddy shows me the floor plans of a building he's working on and I go "Oh, a door? Nice. People can go in and out there."

I’m still convinced if Chito actually fought he would’ve won. Sean looked so shaky every time Chito landed anything.

Yes because getting blasted in the face makes you look shaky. Chito didn't "not fight," he couldn't touch Sean for a reason.

Come on, if he could've, he would've. Clearly O'Malley didn't allow it and Chito had no more tools in him other that will.

Yeah! All he had to do is close the distance and strike Sean and he would of won.

??????

Sean was on point. Chito knew what the assignment was, Sean was just too good. The distance management was impeccable for 95% of the fight.

This. This fight wasn't close in any aspect. Sean controlled the distance, he had command of Chito's and his own timing, in almost every single exchange he had superior angle and entry. There was no "just throw xyz" for Chito because he was not skilled enough to be in this fight.

Chito did not look bad, either. Sean just looked incredible.
The threat of being punched in the face I'm certain played a role in Chito not just "going forward and making it an actual fight" (not exactly sure what he means by "actual fight"). In fact I'm pretty sure that same phenomena led to him eating a full power knee that likely broke his face.

some people lol

You're right Sean is now leg lick proof and there's nothing Chito could've done, especially when their first fight got stopped because of damage from leg kicks. Would've been stupid to build a gameplan around what got him the win in the first place. Sean has several punches to nullify leg kicks entirely. Got it.

You're right Sean is now leg lick proof and there's nothing Chito could've done, especially when their first fight got stopped because of damage from leg kicks. Would've been stupid to build a gameplan around what got him the win in the first place. Sean has several punches to nullify leg kicks entirely. Got it.
Well leg kicks require set up for one thing, you can't just throw them naked. Chito was trying his damndest to try and give Sean other things to think about but was getting beat the fuck up.

The threat of being punched in the face I'm certain played a role in Chito not just "going forward and making it an actual fight" (not exactly sure what he means by "actual fight"). In fact I'm pretty sure that same phenomena led to him eating a full power knee that likely broke his face.

some people lol
Exactly. everytime he got within 6 inches of being able to land a strike he ate solid, crisp strikes from Sean from inopportune angles where you can't counter and then Sean was gone instantly. Sean's entry / exit game last night was very, very, very good.

Sean was leg kick proof last night. He didn't let Chito set them up.

In order to use a leg kick heavy gameplan you have to have superior angles and entry's. You have to have superior footwork. You have to have the timing/distance dialed in so you get off before your opponent does and before they can counter. Chito had inferior footwork. He had no entry. Sean took all of that away with his angles and footwork. If Chito tried to throw leg kicks last night with the looks he was getting he was going to get sat on his ass with counter punches.

Chito leg kicked O'Malley four years ago dude. O'Malley came prepared for that potential gameplan and shot it down before it could get off the ground.

Exactly. everytime he got within 6 inches of being able to land a strike he ate solid, crisp strikes from Sean from inopportune angles where you can't counter and then Sean was gone instantly. Sean's entry / exit game last night was very, very, very good.
Yeah i know, I really wish Sean wasn't such a turd because jesus that is some elite striking he has, Chito wasn't in the same stratosphere skill wise.

Yeah i know, I really wish Sean wasn't such a turd because jesus that is some elite striking he has, Chito wasn't in the same stratosphere skill wise.

Yep. Sean was fighting a heavy bag last night unfortunately. Not a detriment to Chito, it isn't like he isn't skilled. Sean is on a different level now. This isn't 2020 anymore.

I agree, being a fan of Chito is so fucking stressful at times lol. The guy can look like champ shit one day then the other just sits back and does nothing, he allowed Omalley to dictate the fight by refusing to push and I have no clue why he did that...if that was his gameplan it was complete shit. Unfortunately for Chito that was likely his one and only shot at gold...unless he comes back from this with a new found hunger and drive I doubt we ever see him in that position for a title again.

Last edited:
Chito seemingly has some pretty gnarly ground and pound if he somehow ends up on top, but his wrestling is absolutely terrible and Sean is very good at being elusive. Chito's wrestling (or lack thereof) in the Sandhagen fight was honestly painful to watch.
You're right Sean is elusive on the ground, even aljo couldn't keep him there. This makes the merab fight that more interesting

Just no sense of urgency. I felt Chito needed to make it a dog fight and he may of been able to break O’Malley. Dude was trying to strike and taking pot shots all fight.

Bizarre game plan.

Yeah, i said this to my brother while i was watching the fight. I have no idea why he fought the way he did. When he actually moved forward and started mixing it up he was doing alright. I think that was in i want to say the 4th round? But, other than a few minutes in that round, he was content getting outstruck and staying on the outside apparently. He should have been throwing leg kicks, mixing up his strikes and making it a "dirty" fight. He might of gotten finished if he made it a dog fight, but at least he would have a chance.

Back