Chris Weidman Had The Perfect Chance To Be The Undisputed GOAT

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Back when he was still undefeated, he dethroned Middleweight King Anderson Silva and beat him twice. He then beat Belfort and Machida before going on a three fight losing streak.

Had he never lost to Rockhold, and had he been a GOAT caliber fighter, he could have beaten him, Mousasi, Bisping, Romero, maybe Jacare somewhere in there, and perhaps GSP himself (chances are GSP would have never come back to make a run for the MW Title if someone like this held it, but let's pretend.) Maybe even a fight with the Welterweight Champ himself Tyron Woodley in a super fight where Woodley moved up to take a crack at the MW Title as well.

Around this same time, he could have moved up to LHW and defeated Daniel Cormier for the title and been there waiting for when Jon Jones himself returned. He could have moved up to HW and beaten the likes of Stipe, Ngannou, Cain, a returning Lesnar as well, etc.

Never before has a fighter fell into the perfect position where the stars aligned to the point where they could have had the undisputed GOAT MMA career. Too bad he just wasn't good enough.

All he had to do was beat rockhold, mousasi, Romero, and cormier. What a failure for not doing that

If he was only better than he actually is, he could have had a better career.

So if he had won a bunch of fights he lost he could've been GOAT. That's every fighter.

If Bisping had never lost he'd be up there too, 39-0 with wins over GSP, Silva, Hendo x2, Rockhold x2, Vitor, Wanderlei, Chael, Rashad, Gastelum.... and if he'd knocked them out in the first round he'd absolutely be up the as the GOAT.

But unfortunately he does have those problematic 9 losses and he isn't, pretending is great though.

I care more the 2 baddest men in UFC sent Moose to weather the Storm B-elite-r.

Moose: I beat up grandpas, I am goat I am goat!

Love or hate the Weidmans. They sent Mousasi to SD cans in Bellator; & he somehow triggered king of cool Bisping.

He was lucky beating Silva twice, fought some men out of their prime and got exposed by fighting men better than him is a better summary

All he had to do was beat rockhold, mousasi, Romero, and cormier. What a failure for not doing that
If he was only better than he actually is, he could have had a better career.
So if he had won a bunch of fights he lost he could've been GOAT. That's every fighter.

It's not just that he could have retired with an unbeaten record, you noobs. It's that the closest thing to a perfect resume of opponents would have fallen conveniently into his lap. We're talking Anderson Silva, GSP, AND Jon Jones. That's GOAT shit. Cormier, too. Then you can add the likes of Romero, Mousasi, Rockhold, Stipe, Bisping, etc. as well.

Those are a lot of what ifs. Let's play a game of chronological events.

If he hadn't thrown that spinning wheel kick, he could have battled his way to a decision against Rockhold. He may have even been able to win by connecting to Rockhold's chin.

In Weidman's fight against Romero, he was on his way to winning a decision until the sudden decapitation by Romero. Had he been champion and defending, that fight would have been 5 rounds instead of 3 though, and that becomes an even bigger what if.

And against Mousasi, IDK, he was controlling the fight pretty hard until he seemingly gassed, and Mouse then started lighting him up bad. Idk how Chris would have pulled that off.

Man.. I could have been the GOAT if I started training a martial art when I was very young then went on to beat every fighter ever and never lost.

A fighter could have had tons of success if he had been better than he was. Crazy to think about it.

<Moyes5>

Pretty mind-blowing suggestion. Could have been huge, if proven true.

I'll give it up to Yoel for learning from a defeat.

giphy.gif

Rockhold destroying Weidman is the only thing I like about Luke. Don't ruin it with your coulda, shoulda, woulda bullshit<{chips}>

Back