Chuck Liddell vs Dan Henderson vs Igor Vovchanchyn

2 bounces off the mat.
I think Dan and Igor are more natural 185ers although Igor would dispute that.
Since Igor fought openweight at 190 lbs, lean but no way shredded, and of course fully hydrated, the claims of Mike Douche, I mean Dolce, that he'd made him a WW doesn't seem that far off. But I suspect that a WW Igor would resemble too much a WW Rumble.

OWGP00 Igor was a sight to see.

Thank God the war doesn't seem to keep him down. Let see what the new gem his helping to devolop does.

I'm actually more confused by this post than the OP.

upload_2023-11-8_16-20-54-gif.1010620

Since Igor fought openweight at 190 lbs, lean but no way shredded, and of course fully hydrated, the claims of Mike Douche, I mean Dolce, that he'd made him a WW doesn't seem that far off. But I suspect that a WW Igor would resemble too much a WW Rumble.

Thank God the war doesn't seem to keep him down. Let see what the new gem his helping to devolop does.

I think Igor was way too thick & heavy boned to make WW. I think around 200 lbs was a good weight for him.

I'd pick Igor over those 2. I'm slightly biased though since I love Igor.

I think Igor fought the weaker competition. But at the same time he was knocking out bigger guys and he had more experience.

In pure knockout power it goes: Igor > Hendo > Chuck

But in hand speed it's: Chuck > Igor >> Hendo

None of them were considered finishable in their primes.

Prime Hendo has the x-factor of wrestling, whether that will work against either Igor or Chuck is another matter. I think Hendo being the smallest and slowest of the three will really work against him, especially when he's probably not one-shotting either one.

Last edited:
The battle of iron chins and one shot knockout power.

Who would you favor to do the best if they were in the same division in their primes?

Hmm.

I think it would probably be:

1. Chuck Liddell
2. Dan Henderson
3. Igor Vovchanchyn

But that's an overall if they fought a few times - I can totally see Hendo getting one over Chuck, though I don't think Igor is quite at the same level?

I remember back in the day there were people who thought Igor would beat Ernesto Hoost, as well........

nhbfan8080 said:
2 bounces off the mat. I think Dan and Igor are more natural 185ers although Igor would dispute that.

Ref looking at Igor's victim at the neck - checking for a pulse.

Igor said in an interview that dropping weight didn't work that well for him. Don't know if that meant 205 or 185.

Igor > Chuck > hendo

that’s prime for prime. If you think of overall career success and longevity that order changes

Hendo KOs both easy. Igor has never KO'd anyone as great as Hendo did. Washed up Wand had Liddell panic wrestling. Also Rampage whooped him

Yeah originally I said who would you favor to do the best against the other two, although I assumed people would understand that I didn't mean simultaneously.

I'm more interested in them fighting all at once, now that you mention it.

Igor said in an interview that dropping weight didn't work that well for him. Don't know if that meant 205 or 185.
I'm sure it meant to 205. 185 was kind an afterthought for PRIDE the latter years of Igor fighting at all, and non-existant before.

My comments are fantasy league comments, "Shoulda Woulda Coulda", "What if" stuff.

But many all-timer talked about those dificulities because they learnt as they went and never really focus on it untlil very late in their careers, because originally all was Open Weight and later the money was still in the Heavy Weights. And even when they did, was something done in camp, not integrated ahead in tehir lifestyle.

I remember Bas Ruten talking about how hard he thought it would be to cut the last pounds to pass them back then, 200 lbs cut for Middleweight, ahead of his planned and never materialized move to that division; only to hire a nutritionist and go down to 198 lbs.

Last edited:
I remember back in the day there were people who thought Igor would beat Ernesto Hoost, as well........
all things considerd He didnt do that bad against Hoost who is a K-1 great.

I think Igor fought the weaker competition. But at the same time he was knocking out bigger guys and he had more experience.

In pure knockout power it goes: Igor > Hendo > Chuck

But in hand speed it's: Chuck > Igor >> Hendo

None of them were considered finishable in their primes.

Prime Hendo has the x-factor of wrestling, whether that will work against either Igor or Chuck is another matter. I think Hendo being the smallest and slowest of the three will really work against him, especially when he's probably not one-shotting either one.

Against Igor I suspect it might, his takedown defence was never that amazing depending mostly on being very hard to hurt on the ground.

Were that fight happens maybe a big factor decision wise if it goes there as well, if Igor got the best of it standing but was taken down a few times I'd guess he might win in Pride but lose in the UFC.

Back