churches paying taxes for the first time under Trump -- not happy

I don't *hate* taxes. I hate when they are spent on things that don't benefit me or my other fellow citizen's. And I hate when my rates are higher than a billion dollar corporation.

ok I am changing my statement to:

we all hate PAYING taxes...

at least I certainly do...

your post was kinda useless...

pointing one church's dislike for taxes... we all fuckin' hate taxes... lol
Useless- I guess that's why you didn't respond to it. Lol! Yes, we all hate taxes! Lol!

Did you write this yourself? The link you posted to the BBC (not the good kind) is not this story.

ill have to wait to see what discussion comes up for more insight.

if we're really talking about taxing stuff like parking and meals, its a little silly

btw @JosephDredd, your link goes to a different story.

lmfao I'm fucking dying. That was a link someone sent me about embezzling a small fortune to buy kittens. Let me edit in the correct link.

thanks for the heads up.

Well, churches are paying tax on fringe benefits, not in general. I’m unsure if every single thing a church pays for should be a tax exemption.

But generally, churches are tax exempt because it’s the most neutral position the state can have from the church. No doubt some churches abuse this; but major denominations are quite fair in how they pay pastors.

So what's the problem?
Nevermind, another virtue-signaling thread.

I briefly attended a church in the DC area where the Pastor drove a Bentley and lived in a mini-mansion.

But, his business is not for profit.

QyZso.gif
Not for profit doesn't mean that they don't get paid.

Not for profit doesn't mean that they don't get paid.

Right. But I'd argue a tax exempt nonprofit should not be paying employees millions of dollars. At some point, the main goal obviously became profit.

I'm just hoping that this motherfucker starts paying taxes on his salary
150127112345-roger-goodell-press-conference-780x439.jpg

This asshole makes close to $40M per year, and it's all tax-free. Fuck this guy.

Sounds fine to me.

I haven't given it a ton of thought, however I think their income should be taxed but they should be able to write off 100% of the money that they use directly for charitable work. But money made and spent on jets is taxed. Probably a lot of grey area there, though. Not sure how you'd codify that.

Well, we need some way to recoup the money we're losing due to the massive corporate tax cuts. I'm sure taxing churches will make up the difference

Back