Civil rights leader calls unsolved black homocides a “civil rights crisis”

“Black life is seen as not as important,” said the Rev. William Barber.....
“The black community gets cut by both edges of the sword,” said Barber “There’s no big rush to solve a case when it’s considered ‘black on black.’ But if it is a black-on-white killing, then everything is done to make an arrest.”

So he is saying black on black crime is not being investigated as equally as black on white crime and you respond with...

"This guy either knows nothing about black culture"
Really? Hes Black.

"or he’s just trying to capitalize off of the attention he receives. Does he mean black life is less important to blacks? "

How you came to this conclusion is baffeling, he says crimes are not investigated equally and you say black lives are not important to black people....how is that a correlation in your mind?
"Anyone who has ever listened to rap music knows all about the anti snitch mentality. I remember watching the first 48 & seeing witnesses interviewed when it was obvious they knew something, yet they sat there without making a peep. I remember one case in particular when the guys best friend was murdered & the witness refused any help."

All of this is rambling bullshit. Your personal anecdote is not proof of anything and also you went WAYYY off topic with this. The original quote said black on black crime is not investigated as equally as black on white crime. More resources are used for one over the other.
You immediately go to blaming the black culture and start making excuses for why crimes are not solved. You did not refute the original assertion that resources are not equally allocated.
You did not even say he was wrong or it was a lie. You just attempted to derail the argument by redirecting it toward the black community instead of the question at hand which is, once again... ARE INVESTIGATIVE RESOURCES ALLOCATED TOWARD BLACK ON WHITE CRIME MORE THAN BLACK ON BLACK CRIME?

That is quite simply the only statement that was made. Get off your race baiting high horse and stay focused.
I think you made this entire thread just to rail on anti snitching culture but thats just an assumption on my part.

"It’s kind of hard to solve murders when the witnesses refuse to cooperate. Then they turn around & complain about police distrust & that their lives don’t matter."
Yes its hard to solve murders when the witnesses refuse to cooperate. Its also damn impossible to solve them if noone is trying to solve them. Or if the ones trying to solve them have little to no resources. At this point i dont even know if that statement is true but i know it was the original assertion before you went off on a hissy fit about snitching.
It’s time to stop pointing the finger & playing the victim card. Blacks are the ones killing each other & not helping solve their own homicides. Maybe they should focus on fixing the root of the problem rather than blaming others for the aftermath.
Yes, Genius, Black on Black crime is prevalent but no, it is not on the black community to solve their own murders. Yes it would be nice if the anti snitching culture would go away but that was not even the complaint in the OP. The complaint was that resources are not allocated to black on black crimes as much as they are when white people are killed. Now, after all your bullshit about snitching, would you care to address the original assertion in the article YOU quoted?

Tends to happen because people don't snitch out of fear or don't want to cooperate with "da pigz."

I was a criminology student for a year, it doesnt make me an authority on the subject but I can tell you it's been well established that anti snitch mentality is a major obstruction to many criminal investigations in minority communities. Not just in black communities but in East Indian communities and so on. Also, they tend to trust police less which makes them more hesitant to cooperate and volunteer information.

It's absolutely a factor in solving cases.

The anti-snitch mentality is also a big issue with Canada's Native communities. The unsolved murders of women is a huge political monster at the moment, but statistically speaking, the chance are very high that the majority of the native women were killed by native males. It is political suicide to even hint at the stats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...ack-homicides-arrests/?utm_term=.00cb2b311c4c

“Black life is seen as not as important,” said the Rev. William Barber, a national civil rights leader, who called the failure by police to solve black homicides a civil rights crisis on par with questionable police shootings of minorities and wrongful convictions of black men.

“The black community gets cut by both edges of the sword,” said Barber, who until last year led the North Carolina chapter of the NAACP. “There’s no big rush to solve a case when it’s considered ‘black on black.’ But if it is a black-on-white killing, then everything is done to make an arrest.”

This guy either knows nothing about black culture or he’s just trying to capitalize off of the attention he receives. Does he mean black life is less important to blacks? Anyone who has ever listened to rap music knows all about the anti snitch mentality. I remember watching the first 48 & seeing witnesses interviewed when it was obvious they knew something, yet they sat there without making a peep. I remember one case in particular when the guys best friend was murdered & the witness refused any help.

It’s kind of hard to solve murders when the witnesses refuse to cooperate. Then they turn around & complain about police distrust & that their lives don’t matter.

It’s time to stop pointing the finger & playing the victim card. Blacks are the ones killing each other & not helping solve their own homicides. Maybe they should focus on fixing the root of the problem rather than blaming others for the aftermath.

Then he should be telling the BLACK COMMUNITY to cooperative fully with the police. Which I am sure he is fucking not.

Maybe some police are just bad at convincing witnesses to cooperate?

Sure, maybe some of them are. But it is pretty universal across the board. In my sixteen years of law enforcement, we have had two murders go unsolved. This out of probably thirty or so. The first one involved a black male that was not from our area, shot and thrown out of a vehicle. No witnesses even saw the vehicle. So there was no obstruction in the usually sense, just no witnesses. The other unsolved murder was a teenage white male who was beaten to death. We had an idea from the rumors, who was responsible, but no witnesses and evidence was in bad shape due to the location on a river bank. We interviewed the suspect, who of course denied it, then he hung him self. But it still goes as unsolved.

No snitching does play a part, and can greatly hinder an investigation. We have a pretty good relationship with the black community in my city, so we usually get at least tips.

Now, for the major reason there is such a discrepancy in the clearance rates: it boils down to the nature in which the victim is killed, and their relationship with the suspect. White victims almost always know their attacker. It is usually done in a residence and there is evidence. Black victims are often shot by a rival gang from another neighborhood. It is much tougher to solve, or get an arrest to stick in that situation

So he is saying black on black crime is not being investigated as equally as black on white crime and you respond with...

Really? Hes Black.

How you came to this conclusion is baffeling, he says crimes are not investigated equally and you say black lives are not important to black people....how is that a correlation in your mind?

All of this is rambling bullshit. Your personal anecdote is not proof of anything and also you went WAYYY off topic with this. The original quote said black on black crime is not investigated as equally as black on white crime. More resources are used for one over the other.
You immediately go to blaming the black culture and start making excuses for why crimes are not solved. You did not refute the original assertion that resources are not equally allocated.
You did not even say he was wrong or it was a lie. You just attempted to derail the argument by redirecting it toward the black community instead of the question at hand which is, once again... ARE INVESTIGATIVE RESOURCES ALLOCATED TOWARD BLACK ON WHITE CRIME MORE THAN BLACK ON BLACK CRIME?

That is quite simply the only statement that was made. Get off your race baiting high horse and stay focused.
I think you made this entire thread just to rail on anti snitching culture but thats just an assumption on my part.

Yes its hard to solve murders when the witnesses refuse to cooperate. Its also damn impossible to solve them if noone is trying to solve them. Or if the ones trying to solve them have little to no resources. At this point i dont even know if that statement is true but i know it was the original assertion before you went off on a hissy fit about snitching.

Yes, Genius, Black on Black crime is prevalent but no, it is not on the black community to solve their own murders. Yes it would be nice if the anti snitching culture would go away but that was not even the complaint in the OP. The complaint was that resources are not allocated to black on black crimes as much as they are when white people are killed. Now, after all your bullshit about snitching, would you care to address the original assertion in the article YOU quoted?
You’re delusional. That was obvious right away. That’s why your post isn’t worth reading. You should learn to accept the truth just like that stupid reverend. Denial is hard to overcome. You need to work on that.

There’s only 1,607 black on black shootings this year in Chiraq, obviously that isn’t a problem?
Shhh that’s racist. That one white cop killed that one armed black criminal. That’s all that matters.

There are too many murders and the detectives are stretched thin. Believe me, there are a lot of young black men in jail.. They are trying, but new criminals ate emerging at a fast enough rate to replace.

You’re delusional. That was obvious right away. That’s why your post isn’t worth reading. You should learn to accept the truth just like that stupid reverend. Denial is hard to overcome. You need to work on that.
Hmmm...personal attacks and no actual substance, sounds like someone realizes they fucked up. You say its obvious, whats obvious? The fact you completely ignored your own quote to push your personal agenda instead? Or is it obvious that the Reverand is right and Black on black crime doesnt get nearly as many resources as black on white crime?

Let me be clear, im not even agreeing with the Reverand. I dont know if hes right or not since your quote was just someones opinion and not verifiable facts.
Im just calling you out on your bullshit. If you want to make a thread on Anti-snitching culture, go for it but dont use an irrelevant quote from some pastor as "proof" and than completely ignore your own quote.

The anti-snitch mentality is a convenient myth for your bias here.

In reality criminals flip on each other all the time. Everyone is still selfish.
criminals to get reduced sentences not witnesses which remain very quiet

Hmmm...personal attacks and no actual substance, sounds like someone realizes they fucked up. You say its obvious, whats obvious? The fact you completely ignored your own quote to push your personal agenda instead? Or is it obvious that the Reverand is right and Black on black crime doesnt get nearly as many resources as black on white crime?

Let me be clear, im not even agreeing with the Reverand. I dont know if hes right or not since your quote was just someones opinion and not verifiable facts.
Im just calling you out on your bullshit. If you want to make a thread on Anti-snitching culture, go for it but dont use an irrelevant quote from some pastor as "proof" and than completely ignore your own quote.
Hey dumbass, if I make a personal attack, it’s because you’re stupid as fuck & you deserve it. You quoted me by cutting my sentence in half. That’s called taking things out of context. That’s when you aren’t worth listening to.

I don't think this is true at all.

The problem isn't a lack of resources so much as a miss-allocation.

Some PDs are criminally over funded, others are criminally underfunded.

Some areas are highly desirable to work in and have waiting lists to apply, others are not and can't even source officers locally.

If they can't guarantee the security and safety of cooperating witnesses in a certain area they shouldn't be surprised to find out that witnesses don't want to cooperate in that area.

It might not be pertinent to the conversation in this thread, but this post also applies, word for word, to public education (which probably has a correlation to some of the crime/poverty/cultural problems discussed ITT).

Hey dumbass, if I make a personal attack, it’s because you’re stupid as fuck & you deserve it. You quoted me by cutting my sentence in half. That’s called taking things out of context. That’s when you aren’t worth listening to.
Your thread is trash and you are a douchebag. Your response once again is just a personal attack and once again you have yet to comment on the Quote YOU POSTED.
Have a good day jackass you fail at life.

Yes and no. It's a completely voluntary action, and ultimately up to the individual. If they could make witnesses cooperate, they would.

I bet they haven't tried offering free ice cream.

so black lives dont seem to matter since the cops dont seem to solve the murder cases. well since black people are ones doing most of the murdering of blacks, do they see black lives as important?

Blacks are killing people left and right, but let's blame the people cleaning it up instead of the murderers. Sounds legit. They're lucky to even have cops policing the area at all. If I had to look at dead bodies all day, I'd peace out and go work elsewhere. Those cops are working in the worst conditions possible, understaffed and in areas riddled with crime.

I'm glad if the cops are not wasting resources trying to find the murderers of obvious gang members. They're scum, killers themselves who chose the path of organized crime. Pool those limited resources into finding the murderers of innocents.

Back