Clash of Clans: Official Sherdog Clan--> Just Bleed (Come Join!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will consider this. I have two games going. I am not that high level (48 and 45) but I am playing a lot and always upgrading.

I have been relatively happy with my clan, but they don't do wars often enough (3 times a month). And now the leader just lost her game when she did an iOS update, so things may fall apart soon. I will keep this in mind. I will check back to find the clan name.

I honestly have to play this a bit to see how it is. I''ve been told to play by a coworker but just keep being lazy about checking it out. If I dig it, I'll totally hit you up on here and chat about joining.

I'm only level 48 and trying to play catch up since I upgraded like an idiot when I first started but I'd be interested.

I'm only level 48 and trying to play catch up since I upgraded like an idiot when I first started but I'd be interested.
That's more than high enough. I'm still just a 59.

Any ideas for a clan name? I figure "Sher___", but I'm not even attached to that prefix.

I've been thinking about downloading this, but I wouldn't know where to start.

I've been thinking about downloading this, but I wouldn't know where to start.
Just download it and get your village going. It's very simple to learn the basics. Get up and going. You can learn more advanced tactics later. Even more "advanced" tactics are relatively straightforward and simple.

Just download it and get your village going. It's very simple to learn the basics. Get up and going. You can learn more advanced tactics later. Even more "advanced" tactics are relatively straightforward and simple.

Well, there's also the fact that I don't play MMO games, but I've been tempted to play this.

Well, there's also the fact that I don't play MMO games, but I've been tempted to play this.
I would estimate that over 90% of the player base is made up not only of other people who don't play MMO's, but people who don't player other games at all outside the mobile platform.

Groundhog experts

This is a brilliant hilarious inside joke -- I vote for this name.

I am tried of my clan because of one guy. Hate to say so but one prick is ruining it for me. He was railing after two wars ago that a low level guy didn't fight and should be booted. Latest war, he gets zero stars in two attacks and gets 3 starred (typical for him) and he's 0 given and 220 taken for donations. He doesnt get that he's a greater detriment to the clan than the guy he wants booted. He's that stupid and obnoxious.

So yeah let me know when you establish, I'll be a charter member.

I'm in like Flynn.

I think I'm a level 100-something? Maybe 90-something? I'm a lvl 10 TH and I'm floating around 2400 trophies with a farm setup right now.

I've got a pretty good clan in terms of donations and general friendliness but I'm having the same problems as you; they're strategically retarded and it's become incredibly G rated.

It started off as a bunch of dudes joking around, with some outrageously, hilariously bad flirting from some of them when the one female member showed up. Then some of their kids showed up. Then their friends. Soon the chat was full of the kid's bullshit and text language... and I started to feel old and grumpy.

And watching my clan mates uber fails during wars does make me face palm. My clan leader, for instance, insists on just spamming all his wall breakers at once, in a row, every time. Most of the time, most of them die. Some of the time, all of them die, like if they run in to a giant bomb. Then he's fucked.

It doesn't actually bother me because the game is just a distraction, which is why I've never bothered to change clans, but it'd be nice to play with people who aren't flat out retarded and/or 12.

Last edited:
I've started playing this game on the strength of this thread ^^

I'm hooked, any tips for a n00b?

Upgrade/build as many resource collectors as often as you can.

Don't upgrade your town hall until you are good and ready

^^^ Both good bits of advice above.

Upgrading resources is hugely advantageous. Upgrading your TH too early is very disadvantageous.

To be honest, when you first start out there isn't a huge amount of strategy to work with, but...

Position your clan castle near the center of your base, to try and avoid people drawing out your troops during attack.

Prioritize the protection of your resources and defenses. Don't worry about protecting barracks, labs etc.

Taking your TH out from behind defenses can be a good strategy. You'll lose trophies from every attack as people will just take out your TH, but you'll often get away with losing very little resources. So you often get very cheap 12 hour shields.

Make sure that your attacks are beneficial in terms of resources. I see many, many players attacking with armies that cost a lot more than they get back in return, especially once spells are used too. Tally up the cost of your army, then you'll know how much resources is required to make an attack worth it.

Try to balance your defenses across your base, with their attacking circles overlapping as much as possible, while still covering as much of your base as you can. And make sure things like mortar's are hard to get to, because they can't attack troops directly beside them.

But as I say, this stuff should become more obvious later in the game. At first the bases are so basic that a lot of this strategy is irrelevant.

If you plan on spending any money on this game (and I do mean IF, because it's not necessary), then a good investment is to spend the $5 early to get a third builder. Builders speed up the game quite a bit. Don't spend gems on anything else.

Also as Tachy said upgrade everything before you upgrade your town hall. I see lots of players who get killed because their defenses are underpowered for their t.h. level.

There are some good tips here

http://53saturdays.com/blog/2013/11/11/xx-clash-of-clans-tips-and-tricks-wip

As for names Groundhog Experts is pretty good. Sherdogs of War crossed my mind, but I don't know if I love it.

I am still waiting to see what happens with my clan before moving on. The only leader lost her account so we can't start wars. If things fall apart I will probably join you guys.

If you plan on spending any money on this game (and I do mean IF, because it's not necessary), then a good investment is to spend the $5 early to get a third builder. Builders speed up the game quite a bit. Don't spend gems on anything else.

Good advice. The only money I've spent is on some extra gems to get my fourth builder hut.

Once you've got a decent stash of gems you can be a little more loose with 'em, but early on it's good to save 'em. I recently got the 1000 gems for reaching Masters and it's great. Boosting spells factory etc means I can attack so much more frequently.

The other time I use gems is when they have a "boosting sale" and mines/collectors can be boosted for 1 gem per day. That's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back