Clash of Clans, v3: Official Sherdog Clan = JUST BLEED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, cool, our guys will know to accept you whenever you request.

Thanks. I'm upgrading my mines now, and I'll hit up my barracks next so I can bring dragons to the team then look at joining

I've kicked the idea around ad nauseum. If not for our leader, I would FO and join. But I like him and I want to continue to help out until I get too frustrated and and bounce. Some day I'm sure.

Join up, we can discuss craft beer and how tropical IPAs > bitter piney IPAs.

Official War Update

War #39 > vs. Toma Triya: 76 - 69 (Win)
Sidewar #12 > vs. MKS ALLSTAR_NG: 83 - 69 (Win)

Go team!

And also, I just upgraded to TH7, and need a recommendation on base set up now that I've got new defenses and walls. Anyone have pics I can check out to get an idea? I'd like to be able to hoard my resources so I can upgrade and fortify. (My lvl6 was completely maxed, fwiw)

try Trion, wish I would have used it for all of th7

I dropped down to gold 3 and slowly dropped lower from there today. I'm currently at Silver 1. Seems to be good, maybe not amazing like some people have said, but certainly much much better than it was before (as a th10) Lots of 150/150 bases, quite a few 250/250 types. I've just been spamming my builds rather than picking exactly what I want. Archers, barbs, gobs, giants. Easy money.

Well, we have room if you want in. We are 48 right now. Not sure if that includes any of Darktaco, Leverage, or Thinkgreen here. I am trying to find out who some of the new recruits are in the clan right now and if they are some of these Sherdoggers who have expressed interest in joining. We could also make room by booting one of schmidt's alts since he has 3 toons in the clan atm.

I only have 2. I changed 44nutmans name to motivatedBJ

I only have 2. I changed 44nutmans name to motivatedBJ
Ah, shit, my bad. Fixed.
I dropped down to gold 3 and slowly dropped lower from there today. I'm currently at Silver 1. Seems to be good, maybe not amazing like some people have said, but certainly much much better than it was before (as a th10) Lots of 150/150 bases, quite a few 250/250 types. I've just been spamming my builds rather than picking exactly what I want. Archers, barbs, gobs, giants. Easy money.
Well, I'm a little above 2300 right now, and I can inform anyone who isn't chasing gem payouts from the Master achievement (or others like Inferno tower kills) to stay the fuck away from this bracket. Crystal is a complete piece of shit: just fucking godawful. It's not like I'm slumming, either-- I'm a TH8. I would estimate that maybe 1-2 out of 10 bases has more than a measly 100K of either Gold or Elixir. The DE isn't much better: about as many have 800 or better. The win bonus in Crystal II is like 50K Gold/Elixir, and I'm basically depending on that Gold bonus just to pay for my search to find a base with 150k+ Gold.

The only reason I'm doing this is because I have nothing left to build at TH8 except to upgrade Walls (and the Air Sweeper which is already halfway to Lvl 3). Since I don't want my Elixir/DE capping or getting too swollen to make me a legit target, I just take out war armies every 1-2 hours and go wipe someone. I came up here pre-patch for that upside: more legit war simulation of war target strength. I reached the point where the clan needs me to know more offenses than merely Dragons. The only other advantage is that there are so many snipers I catch a shield within 2 minutes of putting my tablet down after every attack, and it's almost never anything but a snipe.

But, honestly, the only reason I'm staying is because I don't want to spend sniping sessions to get back up here. I just keeping choo-chooing up the ranks hoping loot will get better by the time I reach Master's again. Even before the patch the loot was better from 1400-2000, maybe even 1200-1400, and that was loot I could score with shitty Giant armies full of Barbarians and Archers. When I do find a that rare village with loot up here, I'm depending on the strength of my war army and 3 spells to get it all. I haven't been up here since I sniped my way to the Master achieve as a TH6, and I have been a bit chagrined to learn that Crystal I & II (especially II) are by far the worst looting brackets I've ever been in. Hell, even pre-patch, at least in the sub-1000 bracket, if you were patient enough to spend 50k-70k gold searching through villages, sooner or later you would come across that abandoned leviathan with 250k+/250k+/1.5k+ all in the mines that you could plunder with like 40 archers.

Last edited:
The reason for the name change is nobody has ever beat a Motivated BJ.
Nice. Of course he would still probably be the underdog, though I fear to fathom his chances, against a Motivated Corbin.

Last edited:
Ah, shit, my bad. Fixed.

Well, I'm a little above 2300 right now, and I can inform anyone who isn't chasing gem payouts from the Master achievement (or others like Inferno tower kills) to stay the fuck away from this bracket. Crystal is a complete piece of shit: just fucking godawful. It's not like I'm slumming, either-- I'm a TH8. I would estimate that maybe 1-2 out of 10 bases has more than a measly 100K of either Gold or Elixir. The DE isn't much better: about as many have 800 or better. The win bonus in Crystal II is like 50K Gold/Elixir, and I'm basically depending on that Gold bonus just to pay for my search to find a base with 150k+ Gold.

The only reason I'm doing this is because I have nothing left to build at TH8 except to upgrade Walls (and the Air Sweeper which is already halfway to Lvl 3). Since I don't want my Elixir/DE capping or getting too swollen to make me a legit target, I just take out war armies every 1-2 hours and go wipe someone. I came up here pre-patch for that upside: more legit war simulation of war target strength. I reached the point where the clan needs me to know more offenses than merely Dragons. The only other advantage is that there are so many snipers I catch a shield within 2 minutes of putting my tablet down after every attack, and it's almost never anything but a snipe.

But, honestly, the only reason I'm staying is because I don't want to spend sniping sessions to get back up here. I just keeping choo-chooing up the ranks hoping loot will get better by the time I reach Master's again. Even before the patch the loot was better from 1400-2000, maybe even 1200-1400, and that was loot I could score with shitty Giant armies full of Barbarians and Archers. When I do find a that rare village with loot up here, I'm depending on the strength of my war army and 3 spells to get it all. I haven't been up here since I sniped my way to the Master achieve as a TH6, and I have been a bit chagrined to learn that Crystal I & II (especially II) are by far the worst looting brackets I've ever been in. Hell, even pre-patch, at least in the sub-1000 bracket, if you were patient enough to spend 50k-70k gold searching through villages, sooner or later you would come across that abandoned leviathan with 250k+/250k+/1.5k+ all in the mines that you could plunder with like 40 archers.

Masters is much better. I spent all of th8 and 9 at 1600-1800 farming. Once I hit th10 I went right through crystal to masters. I like masters 2 the most, hit 2800 and hover at 2750-2850. Once you hit 2900+ the bases easy to beat are much harder to find. All you need to do is go for 50% or get the TH, victory is the only thing that matters for the 120/120/700, the rest you get is gravy. I used looninion up there, clean up with heroes if im shy of 50%. The problem you will have at th8 is that people might wipe you just for the trophies, as keeping your trophies up is very important in masters.

This patch change might help a th8 in masters though, you will find easier bases to beat up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back