CLOAK AND DAGGER TV Series (First Trailer Released; Premieres June 7 on Freeform)

OK so I saw Freefare or whatever the channel name is on my tv lineup and it looks like they're going for the pre-teen/teen crowd a la the WB. I'm not their target market, but I guess I'll watch the first episode and see hot it goes.

They should use this as the theme song:

Update: February 14, 2017

Marvel's CLOAK AND DAGGER Adds Six More Series Regulars

Marvel-Cloak-and-Dagger-021417-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: Freeform and Marvel today announced six new series regulars for its highly anticipated series, Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger, a live-action adaptation of the popular Marvel comic.

Andrea Roth (Rescue Me, Blue Bloods) will portray Melissa Bowen, Tandy’s mom, who is the eternal optimist despite the struggles to adapt to her new existence. While complex and emotionally composed, her love for her daughter burns bright.

Tyrone’s mother, Adina Johnson, will be played by Gloria Reuben (ER, Mr. Robot). Mrs. Johnson invests every aspect of her being into giving her son the life she believes he deserves. But she props up and protects Tyrone so much she almost forgets to love him.

Miles Mussenden (Bloodline, Queen Sugar) will star as Tyrone’s father, Michael Johnson, who trudges through his desk job to keep his family safe and happy. Mr. Johnson is a working class father does what he can to ensure his son will grow up to be a great man.

Liam will be played by Carl Lundstedt (Grey’s Anatomy, Conviction), a salt-of-the-earth townie who operates as Tandy’s partner in crime while moonlighting as her boyfriend. . But underneath his rough-around-the-edges appearance, Liam has big dreams.

Portrayed by James Saito (Life of Pi, The Devil’s Advocate), Dr. Bernard Sanjo has been an emotional cornerstone in Tyrone’s life; they have a most unusual relationship.

J.D. Evermore (True Detective, The Walking Dead) will take the part of Detective Connors, who is a contradiction of a man, embracing an intimidating persona that overcompensates for a secret he keeps close to the vest.

Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger is a coming-of-age series based on the beloved comic characters. Tandy Bowen (Olivia Holt) and Tyrone Johnson (Aubrey Joseph,) come from starkly different backgrounds, each growing up with a secret they never dared share with another soul. The series is co-produced by Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios. Joe Pokaski (Underground, Heroes) will serve as showrunner. Gina Prince-Bythewood (Love & Basketball) is set to direct the first episode.

https://news.marvel.com/tv/59699/additional-cast-for-highly-anticipated-series-marvels-cloak-dagger/

Haven't seen Andrea Roth in ages.

OK so I saw Freefare or whatever the channel name is on my tv lineup and it looks like they're going for the pre-teen/teen crowd a la the WB. I'm not their target market, but I guess I'll watch the first episode and see hot it goes.

They should use this as the theme song:

Not a fan of JL, but that would work on nearly every level. Great call.

Update: February 17, 2017

First Look at CLOAK AND DAGGER Stars Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph Together

16789760_1485329274811894_3978864553487237120_n.jpg

16788769_1332940863395305_7734781013951250432_n.jpg

Marvel Releases First Cloak & Dagger TV Trailer

Freeform - formerly ABC Family - is going all-in on Marvel TV in the coming years. The network already preparing a show based on the New Warriors series, but that won't come until after its Marvel debut, Cloak & Dagger.

The teen drama is set to debut in 2018, and Freeform has just released the first trailer for the series.

Watch as the two super-powered teenagers go on the run, and find a love for one another on the way.

MORE CLOAK & DAGGER NEWS: Cloak And Dagger Have Been Cast / Cloak And Dagger Character Descriptions / Cloak And Dagger Has A Huge Budget For TV Series

Cloak & Dagger is a coming-of-age series based on the beloved Marvel characters. Tandy Bowen (Olivia Holt) and Tyrone Johnson (Aubrey Joseph) come from starkly different backgrounds, each growing up with a secret they never dared share with another soul.

Once a privileged little girl, Tandy Bowen watched as her family was destroyed by a disastrous storm that uprooted her life. Now in her late teens, an unexpected encounter with a boy named Tyrone sparks a life changing event.

Young Tyrone Johnson wanted nothing more than to prove he was fearless. But when everything he held close was taken away, life taught Tyrone to be afraid. Now older and more sheltered, Tyrone closes himself off. But when he meets a girl named Tandy his life changes forever.

The cast also includes Andrea Roth (Blue Bloods) as Melissa Bowen, Tandy’s mom; Gloria Reuben (ER) as Tyrone’s mother, Adina Johnson; Miles Mussenden (Bloodline) as Tyrone’s father, Michael Johnson; Carl Lundstedt (Grey’s Anatomy) as Liam, Tandy’s partner in crime; James Saito (Life of Pi) as Dr. Bernard Sanjo, and J.D. Evermore (The Walking Dead) as Detective Connors.

Marvel's Cloak and Dagger is scheduled to hit Freeform sometime in winter of 2018.

Looks interesting but I will hold my breath.

Update: April 19, 2017

First Trailer for Marvel's CLOAK & DAGGER on Freeform

Looks like some ascended CW shit... which makes sense, because of the premise and source material.

I don't like it at all.

The story, the visuals, the production value, the characters.. I smell teen drama.

I'll still watch a few eps to see whats what if I'm being honest/

Seemz a bit too teeny bopperish to me... but I got more interested when they started showing the mystical stuff happening.

If I do give it a chance it will be once a few seasons are up & I can binge watch them.

damn, I don't know why but I expected this to take a much more darker/grim angle.

Back