CM Punk. Winless in the Octagon. Undefeated backstage for AEW

One more UFC run ?

• Total voters
You keep focusing on the fact that he's not very good and had strings pulled for his UFC appearances. I'm focusing on the fact that he worked hard, put his ass on the line (when he absolutely didn't have to).

And that "decent paycheck" from the UFC ain't shit compared to what he usually earns...
I agree. MMA has always had spectacle fights and the dude legit tried his best. I give him all the respect in the world

I hope we can one day see footage of this historic event, CM Punk gets the win via tapout for the first time ever

Legend

Is it bad I want to see him fight another pro wrestler in an Mma fight ?
If these guys are fighting backstage all the time they may as well be televised
I would support bringing back the brawl for all in AEW lol

Khan can go sign Khali and finally get the giant vs giant match against Show

The thing is,while CM Punk may have the power,and tried to be a lockeroom leader like The Undertaker,no one respects him like they do the Undertaker. Undertaker isnt reactionary or emotional,or a dick like CM Punk is,so him having his own show with his own rules combined with these other indie dorks having power on the other show,w Tony Khan being a toothless head of company with NO BALLS,is a recipe for hilarious disaster and truckfulls of cringe.

If Khan cant control his own EVP and co. retards going into business for themselves,Punk might as well fight fire with fire.

Absolutely love it. When I started to get back into wrestling recently I had a strong dislike for punk. But he's a star and I tried to give him a chance. He's a whiny bitch tho.

Glad to see him go at this point.

Fire Punk and keep the other guy makes sense

If this was the only incident Punk had been involved in since he began his run in AEW then yea, that'd be pretty stupid to let him go...However...

Edit: Now that the full story is out and that it wasn't simply Punk responding to Perry getting aggressive with him, fuck em. I was so happy to see him come back to the pro wrestling world but when one guy is giving the entire company this many problems...

Last edited:
Holy shit, Tony actually let him go....didn't think he'd have the balls to do it. Damn.

I don't know his contract stipulations, but I'm guessing he had a lot of control, that could see him back in the WWE, as soon as Payback, or this week's MNR.

I wouldn't count this as a win for Khan quite yet, as he may have had to give up one of his biggest stars to the competition, because Punk's contract was likely insanely favorable to Punk.

I'm only assuming of course, but Punk sure as shit didn't come cheap and without a whole lot of "You don't control me" type of stipulations.

I would be pissed too...

This is the hotel Tony put Punk in..

MV5BZjBkM2Y3MjQtYmVhNC00ZmFkLThjYmUtNGExYjZhOGE1YWQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

I don't know his contract stipulations, but I'm guessing he had a lot of control, that could see him back in the WWE, as soon as Payback, or this week's MNR.

I wouldn't count this as a win for Khan quite yet, as he may have had to give up one of his biggest stars to the competition, because Punk's contract was likely insanely favorable to Punk.

I'm only assuming of course, but Punk sure as shit didn't come cheap and without a whole lot of "You don't control me" type of stipulations.
I hope triple h books him in a 3 way with Lesnar and Riddle where they feel real passionate about real glass.

But seriously fuck him, wrestling is supposed to be fun. He's just a 45 year old man who keeps getting into fights at work

I hope triple h books him in a 3 way with Lesnar and Riddle where they feel real passionate about real glass.

But seriously fuck him, wrestling is supposed to be fun. He's just a 45 year old man who keeps getting into fights at work

Well, wrestling has never been all that "fun" for the egos in the back. It's dog eat dog, back there. He's definitely a drama queen, though. He's a bit like Bret Hart in that regard, in that he thinks everything revolves around him. He has a much shorter fuse, though, it seems.

That all said, the WWE would take him back in a heartbeat, if he's allowed to negotiate with other companies. He's worth a year's worth of merch and PPV matches, at the least. It would probably raise his profile quite a bit as well. AEW has done okay, but nothing beats being a star in the WWE.

I still don't like the Trampoline cowboys getting their way though.

Well, wrestling has never been all that "fun" for the egos in the back. It's dog eat dog, back there. He's definitely a drama queen, though. He's a bit like Bret Hart in that regard, in that he thinks everything revolves around him. He has a much shorter fuse, though, it seems.

That all said, the WWE would take him back in a heartbeat, if he's allowed to negotiate with other companies. He's worth a year's worth of merch and PPV matches, at the least. It would probably raise his profile quite a bit as well. AEW has done okay, but nothing beats being a star in the WWE.
I meant for the fans. AEW with Punk is less enjoyable. Maybe some like it and I don't mind some drama but his bullshit envelopes everything else.

Ps I'm not into the bucks really either... They're fine but I'm not an elite mark

There's just a lot of great wrestlers there and I'd like to see them do wrestling

Back