Coast Guard removes employee from Florence duty over alleged "white power" gesture

It is a tragedy, and he's an adult working for the Coast Guard during that tragedy.

If his explanation was, "I was playing a children's game on live TV during the interview," then yeah I would seriously question his professionalism and maturity.

So. If he waved at the camera you’d still want him fired. Then get a warm feeling in your heart after he is fired

Man. You just can’t stop

Strawmans? Lol

You asking people to dig in another mans head is not a question

I can’t believe you are the type of person that would get joy from others pain. I understand disliking the other side. I understand the human need to want to be right in an argument/debate. But I’ll never understand why someone would feel joy over a persons pain/misery

Celebrating an immature moron getting removed from Florence duty is now celebrating human pain and misery.

How dramatic.

OrderlyMadAfricanpiedkingfisher.webp

Celebrating an immature moron getting removed from Florence duty is now celebrating human pain and misery.

How dramatic.

Your celebration was when you thought he was fired.

This sounds reasonable and not at all to do with the ridiculous left.
Good damn Coast Guard neo-Marxist hippies!

when i am explaining something i usually do the "God hates :eek::eek::eek:s" sign. I also pretty sure i have a picture where i do a "1488" :eek:
I do "imagine no blacks" when I drink tea :(

::the opinions expressed are my own and not my employers::

In the military when in uniform and on TV you're expected to act professional and represent your service. Especially during a National Disaster.

Play stupid games.....

::the opinions expressed are my own and not my employers::

In the military when in uniform and on TV you're expected to act professional and represent your service. Especially during a National Disaster.

Play stupid games.....

Of course. This seems obvious to most people, I would think.

This what happened imo.

This guy is clearly a 4channer...he thought "This is it, Im gonna throw a shout out to 4chan/pol".....Now, is he an actual racist? Who knows but he knew that sign was a 4chan sign and he did it for attention.

Then a 4channer at home saw this, posted it in 4chan...and some 4channer as a prank/troll, ratted him out to the coast guard.

The coast guard takes shit like this seriously and investigated, they found out that he is a 4channer and played it safe and just fired em.

This what happened imo.

This guy is clearly a 4channer...he thought "This is it, Im gonna throw a shout out to 4chan/pol".....Now, is he an actual racist? Who knows but he knew that sign was a 4chan sign and he did it for attention.

Then a 4channer at home saw this, posted it in 4chan...and some 4channer as a prank/troll, ratted him out to the coast guard.

The coast guard takes shit like this seriously and investigated, they found out that he is a 4channer and played it safe and just fired em.

Except that he was not fired

No, that's all fake. All of it. Peoppe just think it's real and go nuts about it.
If the guy did a Heil Hitler salute I'd say Yeah that's a WP thing. But they're basically just trolling us now with all those symbols.
For the ok sign. That's all it means, ok

I'm also very sad you aren't interested in hearing more about the greatest empire ever

Trolling as a member of CG while your boss is on camera doing a live interview about a emergency response should get you reprimanded regardless of the actual meaning of said trolling.

Ya.

I don't know. And neither do you. It's certainly possible that things played out as you described. Heck it's even PROBABLE. But for certain? Like 100 percent you read his head you know his intent and everything was absolute and deliberate? You don't know. Because it all happened too fast and the hand sign "white power" as created and defined by a reddit troll thread was broken and backwards and not exactly fully fleshed out.

I do know that several black football players held a clenched "black power" fist in the air for several minutes during a national anthem. I can say for certain that was an intentional "black power" sign to which none of you were outraged over.

Cause you know.

Blacks gotta black.

Black power and white power do not imply the same thing.

Trolling as a member of CG while your boss is on camera doing a live interview about a emergency response should get you reprimanded regardless of the actual meaning of said trolling.
What if he was literally giving the ok sign? Like how most people until 4 chan trolled us, felt it meanr

What if he was literally giving the ok sign? Like how most people until 4 chan trolled us, felt it meanr

Even then he should be reprimanded. Even the interns at CBS know not to do that shit during newscasts when they are in the newsroom being the anchors.

Black power and white power do not imply the same thing.

Thank you captain obvious.

Heres wikipedias take on it.

Black Power is a political slogan and a name for various associated ideologies aimed at achieving self-determinationfor people of African descent.[1] It is used primarily, but not exclusively, by African Americans in the United States.[2][3] The Black Power movement was prominent in the late 1960s and early 1970s, emphasizing racial pride and the creation of black political and cultural institutions to nurture and promote black collective interests[4] and advance black values.

"Black Power" expresses a range of political goals, from defense against racial oppression, to the establishment of social institutions and a self-sufficient economy, including black-owned bookstores, cooperatives, farms, and media.[5][6][7][8] However, the movement was criticized for alienating itself from the mainstream civil rights movement, for its apparent support of racial segregation, and for constituting black superiority over other races.

Whats that last bit say?

Read it a few times, let it sink in.

Last edited:
Even then he should be reprimanded. Even the interns at CBS know not to do that shit during newscasts when they are in the newsroom being the anchors.
What if he gave the thumbs up? Which is essentially the same thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back