COBRA KAI - Karate Kid TV Sequel (Season One)

If you have seen the entire season one of COBRA KAI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the rivalrys will be like this

Miguel - Jonny's kid
Fat girl -Sam
Small kid - Daniel's son (eventually Daniel will need to put some discipline in him and the kid with glasses needs someone to punch)
Hawk - His Sheldon like friend (That guy is just not made for the Cobra Kai trainning and I think they will just grow apart as he becomes the guy that always lets them down, balks on them and is always afraid to do things, on the other hand the Miyagi trainning method is probably more fit for him to find confidence, hopefully the show keeps its shades of grey and keeps the rupture is just handled as guys growing a part and not them picking on his former friend).

I just hope they dont make the CK full on bad guys. I guess there will be a moment when they feel they have outgrown Johnny ( or that he has gone soft when they learn Ronnie is his son) especially with true CK master Kreese around.

Last edited:
Spoiler Coming...

It was great seeing Sensei Kreese in the last scene of the season. It was a very enjoyable show. It has a little bit of everything. I believe it can only get better.

Well after the first 2-3 episodes it seemed obvious they were going to do the good guy bad guy switch with Johnny and Daniel, and that never really happened.

As far as the kids go, episode 10 definitely set up Miguel as the bad guy and Robby as the hero.

Then there's the whole Kreese thing. Was his appearance just a cameo or is he going to be a player in S2?

Whilst the concept of all the characters being shades-of-grey is an interesting one, I'm not sure if an essentially light hearted comedy-drama is the fight place for it.

You would think Daniel and Johnny teaming up to face a common enemy would be a bit of a cop out.

Then you've got the Johnny and Robby relationship issues to iron out, too.

Miguel is not the bad guy

He is doing what he thinks he is right

Misguided but not inherently bad

COBRA KAI IS THE BAD GUY

As long as they don't try and make Larusso's daughter a bad ass who can compete with Robby and Miguel!

Brah

Daniel took Robby under his wing for maybe 2 weeks and turned him into a badass

Daniel's daughter has been training since she was a kid

D>>>>>>>>>>>Miguel>Robby>Xander>Hawk

No doubt in my mind

Its like the series was written by someone from the forums (other than the fat girl participating in the male tournament), hopefully they create a female division and not have her and Daniels daughter fight the final next year to appeal to SJW.
Or having Daniels daughter fight/and defeat Miguel in the next tournament...

I want to see Will Smith's son make a cameo in the 2nd season.

Miguel is not the bad guy

He is doing what he thinks he is right

Misguided but not inherently bad

COBRA KAI IS THE BAD GUY

Nope, this show is awesome cause there is no bad guy, just people trying to do things and making very human mistakes.

As long as they don't try and make Larusso's daughter a bad ass who can compete with Robby and Miguel!

Same here. I mean, I don't mind them making her a good fighter, but I hope she doesn't try to square off with Robbie or Miguel next season. Like you really want the two possible love interests to beat up on their girl? Or lose a fight to her?

Show was great though.

Did you need me to explain that comment? Or are you just saying that now you are interested in the show because of that comment?

You don't need to explain the comment.

To be honest, this was always on my watch list. I was a huge fan of the original movie. Your comment just confirmed it.

Really enjoyed this show!

I love how it indirectly shits all over liberal values

I don't think they shit over original liberal values but the SJW culture that has been created out of it.

I don't think they shit over original liberal values but the SJW culture that has been created out of it.

True.

Even Cobra Kai dojo is multi cultural and multi gender, it just doesnt try to make statements about it or feel superior for it, like the other guy preaching in the middle of the tournament.

This is how you revive an old classic properly and modernize it without shitting all over the source material. Hopefully we can expect the same from Bill & Ted 3.

Same here. I mean, I don't mind them making her a good fighter, but I hope she doesn't try to square off with Robbie or Miguel next season. Like you really want the two possible love interests to beat up on their girl? Or lose a fight to her?

Show was great though.

Since the show is using a lot of mirror structure she should develop a rivalry with Aisha, have a female division in the tournament.

Since the show is using a lot of mirror structure she should develop a rivalry with Aisha, have a female division in the tournament.

Yeah, that is what I hope they do. Makes way more sense. Even bring in another bad ass karate chick to Cobra Kai.

I suppose that's fair if you want to separate the two.

It is breeding a generation of sensitive little prissy bitches.

i binged watched this and thought it was awesome. i love that it delves into the complexities of the two competing dojo's fight philosophy and how it attracts certain people and what it turns them into.

ultimately i think we will see the two meld together, because neither one is complete on their own. danny's philosophy is overly simplistic and naive, and cobra kai is too harsh and brutal. a perfect balance lies somewhere in the middle of the two, and that's probably what the show will end with.

and god damn is samantha larusso hot. i thought i was being old man creepy for lusting, but then i looked up that she's 22 so it made me feel slightly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back