COBRA KAI - Karate Kid TV Sequel (Season One)

If you have seen the entire season one of COBRA KAI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoiler Coming...

It was great seeing Sensei Kreese in the last scene of the season. It was a very enjoyable show. It has a little bit of everything. I believe it can only get better.
Kreese was fine, but he came off rather comic book villian-esque in his appearance.

That short appearance from him almost comes across like he’s in the wrong TV show, less KK3 kreese, more KK1 like (don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed KK3)

Kreese was fine, but he came off rather comic book villian-esque in his appearance.

That short appearance from him almost comes across like he’s in the wrong TV show, less KK3 kreese, more KK1 like (don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed KK3)

Well, he was always an asshole, TBH. And Myagi stated “there is no such thing as a bad student, only bad teacher.”

Nope, this show is awesome cause there is no bad guy, just people trying to do things and making very human mistakes.

Exactly. This nuance humanized everyone and gave it depth most shows don't have. They were characters not caricatures.

screen_shot_2018-02-15_at_10.10.13_am_-_h_2018.jpg

Does anyone think this show would be ballsy enough to have Daniel and Johnny fight again but this time Johnny wins?

Hey! I just thought of a good way to bring Barnes back!

Remember in Karate Kid 3, Barnes had a deal with Silver to get part ownership in the Cobra Kai dojos. And now Johnny has opened a "Cobra Kai" dojo, using that Cobra Kai name. IF Barnes signed that deal with Silver for part ownership of Cobra Kai dojos, and Johnny has now opened a Cobra Kai dojo (and it's doing good business) then Barnes might technically have a legal case for part ownership of Johnny's dojo! Barnes could see something on a martial arts website about Cobra Kai, look into it, realize it's making money, and decide he legally has a right to some of that money. BOOM :eek: Enter Mike Barnes having a showdown with Johnny Lawrence over money from the dojo!

shocked_parks_recreation.gif

Does anyone think this show would be ballsy enough to have Daniel and Johnny fight again but this time Johnny wins?

That would make things "balanced," as Mr. Miyagi would say. And Johnny needs a win a lot more than Daniel does at this point. So yeah, I think they would do that. I hope they do that.

I stopped smoking weed literally a week before this season dropped, what a fucking experience that would have been.

Incredible show, this hit me very hard. I got emotional a few times and that never happens. We all needed this.

Watched all 10 series in 2 days...

Man, these are great.... feels like childhood all over again!

I loved johnny's junk yard training. I wonder how many beers it took to convince him that it was a good idea.

Cobra Kai Playlist

Figured I'd put this together. It's seven songs that I identified either in the Cobra Kai show or trailer + 3 extras that I'm certain Johnny Lawrence has rocked out to off screen.

So if you want to jam like Johnny, here you go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just binged Cobra Kai and it was way better than I thought it would be. Great Show! I'm ready for season 2.

*SPOILERS BELOW*

The only downside to the show was the actor that played Johnny's kid... Robby. I think they should have cast a different actor to play that role. I don't know if he's just a bad actor or it's just the natural expression he always has on his face...that wanna be "Bad ass", "shady", "Untrustworthy" look. That look worked early on in the show when he was stealing and getting in trouble but later on in the show when his character changed his ways and became a good guy his character still gave off that same "Shady" vibe.

But other than that... great show!

Last edited:
Lol@ "I didn't call her a bitch, I said she was bitching. It's different."

"What that bitch say?"

Bruh, that actually made me laugh out loud. I did not think he was going to call her that. LMAO!!!

I've seen it before. I just never find it nearly as entertaining as #1 or #3.

But I figure tonight's a good night to revisit it. It's probably been at least five years.

I use to think #3 was better than #2 until I watched them both on Hulu for the first time in decades. #2 is definitely better than #3. I think they are all fun movies though.

Hey! I just thought of a good way to bring Barnes back!

Remember in Karate Kid 3, Barnes had a deal with Silver to get part ownership in the Cobra Kai dojos. And now Johnny has opened a "Cobra Kai" dojo, using that Cobra Kai name. IF Barnes signed that deal with Silver for part ownership of Cobra Kai dojos, and Johnny has now opened a Cobra Kai dojo (and it's doing good business) then Barnes might technically have a legal case for part ownership of Johnny's dojo! Barnes could see something on a martial arts website about Cobra Kai, look into it, realize it's making money, and decide he legally has a right to some of that money. BOOM :eek: Enter Mike Barnes having a showdown with Johnny Lawrence over money from the dojo!

I should totally be a Hollywood writer! :D
Barnes' deal for 50% ownership in Cobra Kai was contingent on him beating Daniel. He didn't beat Daniel, so no ownership. What would be cool though is if Silver and Kreese set up a "loser walks" backyard brawl between Branes and Lawrence for control over Cobra Kai.

I don't understand why Ali would come back 20 years later to fuck around with some dude she was involved with for a little while in high school, especially considering that now she's married and has a serious career. It just seems like any storyline that would put them in a room together would be contrived.

As for Silver and Barnes, I agree they have no direct connection to Johnny. But Silver is like Kreese's best friend, and Barnes was connected to Silver and has prior history with Daniel.

I'm not sure how much actual sense it makes to bring ANY of these guys back, but I think Silver and Barnes (especially Silver) make more sense to me than Ali.

I don't think it was ever explicitly stated but they were likely each other's first and it was a part of a relationship and not a one night stand or hook up. There's a life long bond there and while I don't think a sexual relationship works in this context Allie walking into the Cobra Kai gym to say hello or even "what the fuck are you thinking Johnny?" Makes a lot of sense if she's in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back