News Cody Garbrandt vs Deiveson Figuereido is set to open UFC 300 Early Prelims

Right matchup to open the UFC 300 event?

• Total voters
I’d put Nickal/Brundage, Andrade/Rodriguez, Lopes/Yusuff, and Miller/Green below. I guess the idea is to start off strong but I prefer cards to feel like they’re building. Whoever does the order nowadays makes odd decisions every card.
True

Like the fights after Gaethje vs Chandler(which opened the main card in MSG) felt underwhelming because it was the high of the evening

Even though the fight right after was one of the best of the year iirc

And on top of my head, I can't even remember which one it was

True

Like the fights after Gaethje vs Chandler(which opened the main card in MSG) felt underwhelming because it was the high of the evening

Even though the fight right after was one of the best of the year iirc

And on top of my head, I can't even remember which one it was
Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo. It was fight of the night any other night and the crowd was absolutely dead.

Was a smart decision as they knew anything immediatedly after would feel underwhelming. With regular card ordering that would have meant the title fights.
Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo. It was fight of the night any other night and the crowd was absolutely dead.
Exactly. That validates UFC’s decision IMO.

Back