Coffee

bulk bags of whatever coffee is cheapest at the grocery outlet

Hand grinders run a bout half price of electric grinders of comparable grind. I have always thought about getting an old timey box grinder but it would be another thing taking up space and doesn't have the grind range of my Niche Zero.

iu
Got this exact model of old grinder recently, Crystal Arcade #3

s-l1200~2.jpg

I would say, if you like Folgers, stick with it. Don't try anything better because you will never go back. We drink Seattle's best Post Alley #5, their darkest offering. It is priced right for the flavor, in my opinion. I think it's about $6. Like Black Rifle Coffee, but struggle mentally to spend $15 for the same size bag of coffee. We average 24 cups a day between the wife and I.

Bry

Maxwell House Master Blend is good and consistent IMHO.
Premium Dark Roasts are great with chocolate and sweetened.
Folgers is the worst tasting Coffee I literally have ever had.
N O question, can't believe Folgers anyone's choice.
I only drink coffee from beans that came from the buttholes of Indonesian mammals.
<mma4>
I just French drip it because it is easy but any adjustments are all in the grind size, amount of coffee, and seeping time.
This, and too little coffee used is prime for bitterness, too much is fine.

Last edited:
This is something that I want to throw out there. I have been drinking yerba mate for the last few weeks again and it is pretty good if you like a grassy almost green tea like drink that packs a really hard punch. I used to drink 10-12 espressos a day and this packed more of a punch and without the jitteriness. It has caffeine and an analog to caffeine that is slightly different. You drink it by creating a wall on one side of the cup of yerba and then you pour in hot water and drink it through a straw with a filter. It is very strong. It don't play.

iu

This is something that I want to throw out there. I have been drinking yerba mate for the last few weeks again and it is pretty good if you like a grassy almost green tea like drink that packs a really hard punch. I used to drink 10-12 espressos a day and this packed more of a punch and without the jitteriness. It has caffeine and an analog to caffeine that is slightly different. You drink it by creating a wall on one side of the cup of yerba and then you pour in hot water and drink it through a straw with a filter. It is very strong. It don't play.

iu

That was a staple in my high school girlfriend's household. They were from Argentina and this was their coffee. Well, they also drank espresso at times, but this was the usual more often then not.

I got this guy recently and now use whole beans for my pour over coffee:

81jP1Fn+mEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Really easy to use and adjust the grind. It was a messy affair at first, but I got used to it and use a little brush to get all the grounds into the filter with minimal mess now. Fresh ground coffee is pretty great.

I am the furtherest thing from a coffee snob, so whatever is in the pot someone made. Probably Folgers. I did recently buy some Great Value instant coffee to see if I would become addicted. Didn't work.

View attachment 989723

Both of my parents were Taster's Choice drinkers. It probably explains my repulsion to coffee.

Phil and Sebastian out of Calgary is our go to these days, highly recommend it. Usually once a year the wife will order a bag of coffee out of Kona that is good but pricey.

closeup-of-two-bags-of-coffee-from-phil-and-sebastian-coffee-roasters.jpg

iu
I used to drink that a lot. I preferred steeping it in my French press. I didn’t find the bambilla filtered out enough of the yerba and I don’t like drinking from a straw. It does pack a punch but is mellow at the same time.

I used to drink that a lot. I preferred steeping it in my French press. I didn’t find the bambilla filtered out enough of the yerba and I don’t like drinking from a straw. It does pack a punch but is mellow at the same time.

I found that if you pack it to the side and create a mountain and buy a cup that has a divider, this isn't an issue. I didn't use the gord for awhile due to not liking how it plugged up the straw only to find out later I was doing it wrong.

I drink either cafe bustelo, or the dark roast espresso blend from costco, made by Starbucks . I have this old gaggia espresso machine, thing is a tank. I can pack it down so hard and it just pushes that hot water thru.

I prefer black or jasmine tea with honey and milk though

Back