Colby Covington should fight the winner of Khamzat Chimaev/Gilbert Burns instead of Dustin Poirier

Usman vs Leon
Colby vs Khamzat/Burns
*Luque vs Belal winner on stand by or something.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. If Usman is defending against Edwards next, keep the winner of Chimaev/Burns busy by having them fight Covington in the meantime before a title fight.

Colby is fighting poirier for the money.

The man wants to get paid.

Anyone but a lightweight. Colby needs to line of some legit WW wins now - he ain’t Conor Mac.

Dana already said winner of Usman vs Burns gets the title shot next. Although I hope he means this after Leon gets it

I like the Poirier callout. Dustin lost the title fight, Colby lost twice to Usman. Neither will fight for a belt anytime soon. Yet both are main eventers. Khamzat is fighting for the belt if he beats Burns.

Yeah Colby doesn't want jack shit to do with Chimaev. Khamzat is a vastly superior wrestler and grapper, and hits like a truck.

colby will be deep in the cold cold ground before he agrees to fight chimaev. or burns. or luque. or

I think the problem is usman. You should never do usman vs Colby 3. Those 2 were perfect. Usman is the perfect champion, this was his division. If anyone ever even beats him I just chalk it up to age or injuries.

so for that reason Colby and his division and the title are irrelevant IMO.
He’s a decent stat who will go on promotion tours. What you do with him is use him to promote rising prospects on the same card.
Guys like mas, Conor, poirer, Nate, gaethje, and chandler should all be fighting each other regardless of title picture.

Jorge is a fat LW and so is Gilbert Burns lmaooooo

some of you are so clueless about the state of current WW. Dustin in 2022 is probably bigger than Burns or Jorge. He can barely make LW these days.

Dustin is not going to be a fat LW with 15 lbs?

Cobly is very smart though in calling out Poirier. It's a similar matchup for him as Jorge was, and stacking names like those two really helps his legacy. Burns is a tougher match for him, due to the fact that he (Cobly) won't want to go to the ground with Burns.

The name he DON'T want, the name really NO ONE wants, is Chimaev. I'm firmly on his hype train in terms of what he's capable of. I think he would flat maul Covington, Covington cannot stop him from taking him down, and even if he was able to, his pitter patter shots only means Chimaev can also hit him... and we seen Chimaev one punch drop plenty of guys.

Colby takes a round to get going. He better hope no one puts it on him the first round.

I think he may fight Dustin next.
Khamzat is such a wildcard. If he dismantles Burns, I don’t think Colby or Usman or anyone wants to fight him.

I think Colby’s best wishes would be…

he fights Dustin, gets paid. Burns beats Khamzat OR Leon beats Usman. Either way, Khamzat needs to lose for Colby to have his best shot at the title, even if that means Usman 3.

If Dustin spent half of his career at 145, it means he is the smaller man. Referencing Poirier walking around weight doesn't mean anything except that he's allowed to balloon up to a higher weight than he would when he was at 145. Colby could NEVER make 145, and never made 155 even as a wrestler. We need to stop this "they're the same size" narrative. Colby is the bigger man naturally

Poirier said he doesn't even want to fight Colby so if Colby wants a money fight he'd have to go after Nate Diaz or mcgregor and I don't think Colby is willing to stoop so low
I’d be up for seeing Colby emasculate Connor again

Dustin is huge for 155 and Colby is an average to smaller sized guy at 170. The weight difference during the fight would be probably 5 pounds?

You can Google it.

Not to mention there is beef and that is why he made callout, nothing to do with weight.

If you look at Usman he probably had a bigger weight advantage vs Colby than Colby would vs Dustin.
Dustin used to make 145. You can google it.

Spergo is 0-2 against the champ, why should he clog up the title picture?

I agree but to be fair, Poirier is in the same boat as Colby--not about to get another title shot
anytime soon. He is also a big LW who has trouble making the weight cut.

I would really like to see Colby fight the winner of Burns-Chimaev

For the sake of a competitive and interesting fight - yes, I absolutely agree. But Doostin is too easy of money for Colby right now not to go for it. Add to it, Poirier himself keeps responding, so I'm cool with it if they both want it.

But, yeah, it's a meaningless match, at the end of the day. Meanwhile, Zat/Burns vs Colby would be fascinating.

Khamzat's getting a title shot if he wins. I like the idea of a Burns fight though if Gilbert gets his hand raised though. That's a tough fight for Colby on paper.

I agree with this from a rankings standpoint, but from bad blood standpoint I like the Porier fight and want to see it

Back