Media Colby Covington wants his first title defence to be against Islam Makhachev

Who wins in a potential matchup at 170lbs ?

• Total voters
Well.....Colby will be 2 months from 36 when he steps in with Leon and it will have been a year and 9 months since his last fight. And he's not exactly training with killers over there at MMA Masters. I am not convinced the Colby we see in December will be the Colby we have seen in the past.

I don't think he beats Leon. But if he does, I fully expect him to maintain his average once annual fighting cadence.

Colby could beat GSPs records in that division. I figure he'd be ready for his first defense (if he manages to beat Leon) by 2026, second by early 2029, then he'll need a break so third defense likely in 2035. At that rate, he's got a real shot.

I would love nothing more than to see a Colby beat Islam. Sherdog would e a blast for a couple weeks.

I personally think Islam would absolutely work colby.

Islam is superior in every aspect of MMA than Colby outside of cardio.

There doesn't even seem to be much difference in size.

Colby is going to get annihilated against Leon so it won't really matter. But if he did somehow end up fighting Islam, he'd get his ass kicked too.

I feel like Colby can beat Islam. Islam's ground game was almost nullified by Volk. If it stays on the feet, Colby can win.

<36>

I just said that Colby as champ would have no interest in defending his title against contenders. I don't get the UFC forcing this fight, they are trading a small increase in ppv buys for the possibility of a champ who won't fight.
Islam vs Colby is a far better fight than abele or shav vs Colby.

Colby definitely got the style to beat Leon, five round ud in the bank

Absolutely not in the bank, but on paper this is a very competitive fight. I won't be one bit surprised if Colby wins.

It's 50/50 to me, and I could see Colby suffocating Leon or Leon playing the perfect matador. Or a competitive, non-unanimous decision for one of them a la Leon-Kamaru III.

I don’t believe it. I fully expect him to call for a Masvidal rematch if he wins.

I didn't like it when Islam did the exact same thing with Volkanovski after winning the belt. It royally and pointlessly fucked over guys like Beneil Dariush and Arnold Allen.

The likes of Belal Muhammad and I dunno, maybe Justin Gaethje stand to suffer the same bullshit fate here.

However. Islam-Alexander turned out to be a fantastic and ultra-competitive fight. I think we'd be in store for a really good one if Colby gets his wish. It presents a great matchup, stylistically.

That being said Colby has a very tough task ahead of him.

He would fuckin call out the guy in the division below him instead of fighting the actual contenders in his own division.

This guy is an absolute tool bag.
He also has forgotten a very important part of this equation....he still has to beat Leon first.

At this point its like fuck Colby and his silly bitch antics.

I didn't like it when Islam did the exact same thing with Volkanovski after winning the belt. It royally and pointlessly fucked over guys like Beneil Dariush and Arnold Allen.

The likes of Belal Muhammad and I dunno, maybe Justin Gaethje stand to suffer the same bullshit fate here.

However. Islam-Alexander turned out to be a fantastic and ultra-competitive fight. I think we'd be in store for a really good one if Colby gets his wish. It presents a great matchup, stylistically.

That being said Colby has a very tough task ahead of him.

Dana has made a mockery of this shit sir.

Back