Colby's antics are the main reason for his terrible performance

He's getting old, he's rusty and he has a shit team around him since he alienated everyone at ATT.

He's never been an exciting fighter so his antics are just his way of him staying somewhere near the top of the game.

The reason he performed the way he did was because Leon took control of the fight from the bell and put Colby in positions where he had to make big risks to realise any gains, which he didnt until he was too far gone - Leon also consequently gave him openings to get into the fight by making decisions out of bravado once it was clear he was winning.

Nah, Belal would have done what Colby did in the 5th round to last night's version of Leon for 5 rounds. And Belal probably would have done the same thing to Colby that he did to Brady. It should have been Belal vs Edwards last night, and I think we would have had a new champion based on how it looked last night.
I dont think Leon would have engaged and been as careless with Belal in the grappling. He only ended up on bottom in the 5th because of the complete lack of respect for Colby. He felt he could do whatever he wanted to him last night.

Leon Edwards being a better fighter than him is the main reason for that performance. The same guy that also comfortably 49-46ed Usman this same year.

Don't give me that Usman is washed bullshit. The same people saying that seem to forget it when Khamzat squeaked past an even older Usman without a training camp in what should have been a draw.

IT WAS 1 YEAR 9 MONTHS, learn how to fucking count

Belal would have destroyed either one of these guys last night.
Leon already destroyed Belal before the eyepoke. Belal had nothing for him.

IMHO, this was a very winnable fight for Colby, he just gave up before it started.
I feel like you have the pieces but in the wrong order. Colby putting on a halloween costume and then that line about Leon's father showed he knew he was out of his depth. Colby didn't perform because he knew he couldn't. Colby only has in his career Cardio. He wrestle spams and wears his opponents out. He shoots and chains TD after TD to force opponents to defend and get tired. He has never KO'd someone due to his striking skills. Has never subbed someone due to his submission skills. He knew he couldn't tire out Usman with TDs and knew the same for Leon. Once he realized he didn't get in his head he knew he was going to lose. Getting to decision was the victory, especially with getting on top for the last 2 min. Plays right into his Denial of reality character sadly.

I was truly hoping for a head kick KO.

I feel like you have the pieces but in the wrong order. Colby putting on a halloween costume and then that line about Leon's father showed he knew he was out of his depth. Colby didn't perform because he knew he couldn't. Colby only has in his career Cardio. He wrestle spams and wears his opponents out. He shoots and chains TD after TD to force opponents to defend and get tired. He has never KO'd someone due to his striking skills. Has never subbed someone due to his submission skills. He knew he couldn't tire out Usman with TDs and knew the same for Leon. Once he realized he didn't get in his head he knew he was going to lose. Getting to decision was the victory, especially with getting on top for the last 2 min. Plays right into his Denial of reality character sadly.

I was truly hoping for a head kick KO.
That's entirely plausible. I still think he could have worn Leon out and/or lead him to make a mistake and catch him by making it messier. In any case, it's obvious he chickened out.
I was also kinda hoping for a KO like that, though I don't care much about his antics (I usually see them as entertainment because of how over the top they are).

Leon already destroyed Belal before the eyepoke. Belal had nothing for him.

Belal would have absolutely bullied last night's version of Leon.

Based on what? Who has Belal bullied that has the skills Leon possesses? He sure didn't do anything in their first fight.
It amazes me how people come out of last night, where Leon Edwards completely shut Colby down. Making him look worse than anybody else has in his entire career, and didn't even get out of 1st gear in doing do, and come to the conclusion that Leon looked bad or is a weak champion.

People are already forgetting he did the exact same thing to Usman in March, and Usman came back and looked way better against a bigger stronger, more hyped guy in Khamzat and did so with no training camp.

Leon makes it look easy against Usman - "Usman is shot"

Usman comes back and gives Khamzat a tough fight -"Usman is an all time great. Amazing win for Khamzat."

Leon makes it look easy against Colby -"Colby is shot"

Leon is just one of those guys it seems that Sherdog is never going to give his due.

Back