Colby's "Lack of Power" and Strategy

He's been past his prime since 2015. Man said 'aging fighters', I suppose he meant RDA and Maia. Didn't usman get a a title shot beating RDA and Maia?
The double standards lmao.

Past his prime and aging are pretty much the same thing. Maia's 41 to be fair he'd be classed as an ageing fighter but I agree with you, both Usman and Colby have had very similar routes to the title so fans of one can't criticise the other.

He also arguably let Lawler get up and exert energy in doing so after his takedowns.
Lol and he let RDA take him 3 times, the man is a genius.

Edit: I need to take it down a notch, I find myself hating on Colby more and more each day. It's like a cancer spreading, I think I just reached stage 3.

Last edited:
True but if he was putting people in full nelsons the way Aljamain did to Caraway then no one would complain, very high level grappling can be very entertaining at times
At times, sure, but some of us have already seen it. Now lets see something more.

Always? You think he tried to finish Koscheck 2, Shields, or Alves?
Havent watched it in years, but i wasnt bored.

Perhaps i wasnt tired of the grappling game yet. Maybe gsp was more dazzling to watch. Or maybe the 3 you listed prevented being finished, being top contenders and all.

Colby isnt truly a champ and hes already a dud.

His striking must hurt, otherwise people would be walking him down.

Robbie Lawler, Demian Maia, RDA, good enough for you...

Robbie Lawler was champ 3 years ago, just smashed Askren's face into the canvas, and all of a sudden he loses to colby 'oh he beat an old man out of his prime'
RDA just dominated Kevin Lee, is a former champion and has several legit wins at WW including a dominant win over Lawler, had USMAN in danger several times with a kimura.
Maia was runing through the division in 2016-2017, fought Woodley for the title, nearly choked Usman out in their fight.
'Colby beat an old Maia past his prime'

Didn't Usman get a title shot after beating the same aging old crippled Maia and RDA that Colby left for dead?

Robbie Lawler was champ 3 years ago, just smashed Askren's face into the canvas, and all of a sudden he loses to colby 'oh he beat an old man out of his prime'
RDA just dominated Kevin Lee, is a former champion and has several legit wins at WW including a dominant win over Lawler, had USMAN in danger several times with a kimura.
Maia was runing through the division in 2016-2017, fought Woodley for the title, nearly choked Usman out in their fight.

Didn't Usman get a title shot after beating the same aging old crippled Maia and RDA that Colby left for dead?

Blah, blah, blah, all aging all at the end no matter how much you write.

I think everyone agrees that Colby's performance with Robbie was excellent, showing immense cardio and relentless pressure. But it is a mistake to think that Colby lacks power simply because he landed a plethora while not doing significant damage to finish the fight.

Of course, Colby could swing harder, and generate more power. But would that really benefit him? He would not only waste more energy, but also leave more openings for his opponent to counter. Think of the Diaz brothers' boxing style: they swarm you with punches to the point where they simply smother you and don't give you a chance to fight back, since you're always on the back foot defending what's coming.

People also say Robbie was shook, but this is wrong. It was Colby's relentless offensive which basically prevented Robbie from ever getting started. Anyone who trains will know the feeling of being frozen against someone who imposes their game from the get-go and doesn't let you find a groove. It happened to Tyron with Usman, and it happened to Robbie this last weekend. Volume over power allows one to keep a steady pace, but more importantly to shut one's opponent's capacity to find his/her rhythm down.

Great scrap, and I was super impressed with Colby.

While I agree it doesn't hurt that Colby has a great chin. Lawler popped him solidly a couple of times and he laughed it off. To stay in the pocket constantly swinging only really works if you aren't afraid to eat shots.

That more than anything is why it works for the Diaz brothers. They have absolutely no fear of getting punched in the face. Crazy in their case because they both have crazy BJJ games.

Blah, blah, blah, all aging all at the end no matter how much you write.

I knew you would fold the moment I called you out on your bullshit and you gave me nothing but more bullshit.
I hope you've learned your place now, maybe if you stop spewing random shit people won't have to shrink you down to size.
#NerdBash2019 motherfucker.

he's a pillow fisted point fighter that is mostly a grappler.

not exciting to watch at all for me. I admire his cardio & endurance, but hitting someone 300 times in fight and doing very little damage is whack.

Winning all 25 mins is super impressive to me too. Its a gamble considering the average viewers attention span/expectations but should be applauded nonetheless
"winning"....lmao, he was spamming robbies guard with nonsense, no intention to finish

Most people saying "pillowfists" out themselves as uneducated fight fans.

Mayweather turns it up when the time is right. He koed hatton and nearly stopped Cotto,using similar tactics against conor.
very uneducated. People don't try and walk through Floyd's punches. For a reason.

I knew you would fold the moment I called you out on your bullshit and you gave me nothing but more bullshit.
I hope you've learned your place now, maybe if you stop spewing random shit people won't have to shrink you down to size.
#NerdBash2019 motherfucker.

You call that calling me out? You ask for names, I gave. Then you go into the diary of the men they use to be. Do they have some kick left? Yes. Only enough to be a solid use to be name on a opponents resume.

His fight i.q is so high , he couldnt even lock in a rear naked choke. Overrated and boring with the inability to finish

Lawler was on a lost streak when he fought colby, lets calm down there buddy

Back