Combate Americas Official Betting Thread

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Since this is a promotion with regular cards and a lot of odds nowadays, I'm making a single thread for discussion and bet posting for all cards for the rest of 2019 like I did for the PFL 2019 season and Contender Series 2019 season previously:

PaivYbA.jpg

Combate Americas 45 Guadalajara Weigh-in:

Lol Federico +600 odds but horrid fight record looks like.

What a day and age to live in that we can bet real money on two 0-0 female mma fighters.

Since this is a promotion with regular cards and a lot of odds nowadays, I'm making a single thread for discussion and bet posting for all cards for the rest of 2019 like I did for the PFL 2019 season and Contender Series 2019 season previously:

PaivYbA.jpg

Combate Americas 45 Guadalajara Weigh-in:

Look at that size difference in the hw fight, wow

Why is one 0-0 WMMA fighter a whopping -450 favorite against the other 0-0 WMMA fighter?

What information are people working from?

Why is one 0-0 WMMA fighter a whopping -450 favorite against the other 0-0 WMMA fighter?

What information are people working from?
The oddsmaker probably looked at amateur MMA fights, non-MMA fights, what camp they are from. Limited info to be sure, so hopefully Kalikas will be making mistakes as he forces odds to be created for these fights that would normally not have odds.

I mentioned this before, but someone has to be incentivizing Nick Kalikas to release odds for each and every low level Combate bout, even adding late lines now for fighters no one has even heard of for a card not even in English tonight.

The oddsmaker probably looked at amateur MMA fights, non-MMA fights, what camp they are from. Limited info to be sure, so hopefully Kalikas will be making mistakes as he forces odds to be created for these fights that would normally not have odds.

In this case, neither fighter even has any amateur MMA fights, though.

I have to assume a lot of this is insider information.

I've probably researched Zamora vs. Montes way harder than the oddsmaker. I found that Zamora has had at least 6 amateur fights, with a record of 5-1, and Montes has had at least 3 amateur fights with a record of 2-1.

Both of them are pretty low level. Zamora seems to be the slightly better MMA fighter, but Montes is fighting at home, Guadalajara is at altitude and the wildcard is that Abby Montes has a wrestling background, even though she doesn't use it enough. Zamora is too bad to justify such odds and I went $500 on Montes at an average of +360.

And yes, I realize that I'm crazy for betting $500 on a low level WMMA fight involving two debutants.

EDIT: Zamora is also old with a bunch of kids while Montes is young and seems to be training full time.

Last edited:
I've probably researched Zamora vs. Montes way harder than the oddsmaker. I found that Zamora has had at least 6 amateur fights, with a record of 5-1, and Montes has had at least 3 amateur fights with a record of 2-1.

Both of them are pretty low level. Zamora seems to be the slightly better MMA fighter, but Montes is fighting at home, Guadalajara is at altitude and the wildcard is that Abby Montes has a wrestling background, even though she doesn't use it enough. Zamora is too bad to justify such odds and I went $500 on Montes at an average of +360.

And yes, I realize that I'm crazy for betting $500 on a low level WMMA fight involving two debutants.
I went 0.5u on montes earlier, f it. GL.

Played Silvana Gomez, more aggressive, power, and killer instinct than Saray as well has having fought better competition.

$1000 to win $500

Combate Americas 45 Guadalajara Risk $360.00

Victor Hugo Madrigal (+205) vs Marcelo Rojo $100.00 for $205.00

Heinrich Wassmer (+420) vs Axel Osuna $50.00 for $210.00

Giovanni Sarran (-110) vs Alejandro Solorzano $110.00 for $100.00
Giovanni Sarran (-115) vs Alejandro Solorzano $0.00 for $100.00 (free play)

Abigail Montes (+310) vs Claudia Zamora $100.00 for $310.00

Every f*cking mma promotion is run like a $5 dollar company.

Every f*cking mma promotion is run like a $5 dollar company.
It's annoying- the last few Combate prelim streams on Facebook Watch ran all the way through for two+ hours. Now they have technical difficulties in the opening fight that I have money on.

Based on that last round and point deduction, looks like you guys will be cashing a +310 dog. Congrats

Back