Comments/Suggestions on The New Site - Post here!

Can Platinum members still post polls? If not, could that be changed? it's going to make shoop contests extra tough to get going if we can't create a poll to go with the shoop contest.

I love the new Surf's Up Shoop Shop too, but could it be the Surf's Up Shoop Shack? surf shacks are a thing, and I think it would be awesome if that was the name. I'm cool either way though.

Last edited:
Why does it have "similar threads" at the bottom of some threads and not others?

Reactions: Gio
Why does it have "similar threads" at the bottom of some threads and not others?

It depends on the thread titles. They only appear if the thread you're viewing contains words similar to the titles of the past threads.

Ex. you are viewing "Matches to Make after UFC 184"

Similar threads below will show:
"Matches to Make after UFC 183"
"Matches to Make after UFC 191"
"Matches to Make after UFC 197"
"Matches to Make after UFC 293"

A few things
1) Needs an option for more than 20 posts per page when reading threads. I used to have it set at 40 or 50 but that option is gone and I'm now stuck on 20 which I don't like.
This is the biggest thing for me. 20 posts per page is dire.

Raise the default text size a couple of sizes larger. Even zoomed, it's still tiny.

A posts per page selection would be nice as well. Clicking through 30+ pages in the UFC discussion area to skim or read an entire thread is rough...

edit: One more. All those "members online, latest posts, etc" fields. It would be nice if those were moved to the bottom of the page like a lot of other forums do. Those fields create a ton of dead space to the right when viewing a thread.

Last edited:
On PC with the benefit of ad blockers you can kinda look past it, but on mobile the visual clutter is unreal and makes scrolling sherdog unpleasant, where before it was intuitive and you could get lost in myriads of discussions about hairlines and shookology without thinking about the forum's structure at all.

I'm fully aware of the internet phenomenon where any kind of UI/UX change is met with initial hostility until users forget about it, but this time the experience has really worsened to the extend where I personally just avoid sherdog on mobile, which was a big percentage of my visit time here.

-The screen percentage taken by the unnecessary FB reactions, coupled with the smaller letters and a visual flashbang of an ad* every couple of posts are completely overpowering the actual text of the posts.

-The page navigation menu needs to be placed both on top and at the bottom of each thread page; having to scroll to the bottom to navigate through pages is tedious.

*most ad banners employ a plain white background, which clashes very heavily with the dark theme of sherdog and makes night browsing a chore. Regardless, the high frequency of ads would still be a problem even if they were visually cohesive with the board.

The Good:
The flow seems smoother and more modern.
Can edit the title now, rather than just the content.

Just so you know, you could always edit the title on the older version. There was a drop down menu to the right of your OP, which had 'edit title' there.

The avatars look the same size to me as they always have.

I posted this in another thread but I am going to put it in here as it's more appropriate for this forum. On the mobile site on the fly out menu. Please put links to the other forums under 'Forums' I have placed the red arrows in this pic. Maybe links to UFC Discussion, World Wide MMA, etc... It would save users a click.
Forum_Suggestion.jpg

Last edited:
I can’t use any of the text options, the hyperlink or media button, can’t use the emoji button either. I haven’t heard of other people having this issue.
Wtf is going on?
All of the buttons are just grey.
IMG_4968.jpeg

The reactions are not in line with sherdog sensibilities and reputation.

We should destroy them now

This forum layout on mobile reminds me of the 2000s.

It’s also bloated with ads.

I want the old minimal look back.

Reactions: kuf
<5>

There is a glitch in the spoiler tags

[ISPOILER] [/ISPOILER] there is an extra "I" in the front of the "S" that needs to be taken out or you need to delete it yourself in order for it to show up properly. Should just be starting with the "S"

Last edited:
<5>

There is a glitch in the spoiler tags

[ISPOILER] [/ISPOILER] there is an extra "I" in the front of the "S" that needs to be taken out or you need to delete it yourself in order for it to show up properly. Should just be starting with the "S"
Looks like you are using the inline spoiler which is different than just spoiler.

inline spoiler
looks like this

spoiler
looks like this

Looks like you are using the inline spoiler which is different than just spoiler.

inline spoiler
looks like this

spoiler
looks like this
test
<5>

Ok got ya so what would be the purpose for the inline spoiler then? seems useless if its just gonna show a faded image?

test
<5>

Ok got ya so what would be the purpose for the inline spoiler then? seems useless if its just gonna show a faded image?
Use it when you're just watching fights with the boys

Op55PQ2.png

test
<5>

If you click the faded/blurred image, you'll see the actual image. You can blur it again by clicking it again. It's applicable for posting NSFW pics of gruesome cuts and injuries.

If you click the faded/blurred image, you'll see the actual image. You can blur it again by clicking it again. It's applicable for posting NSFW pics of gruesome cuts and injuries.
What if am i scrolling down and just happen to hover my mouse over it and it actually ends up being a spoiler? that would suck.

What if am i scrolling down and just happen to hover my mouse over it and it actually ends up being a spoiler? that would suck.
Pretty sure hovering your mouse over it won't show the clip. It will only show the content when you click the blurred image

Back