Compilation of Fighters' Cage Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is NO way weidman is in the low 190s in his fights. yes that was for 194, I remember reading about it, but usally no, he was one of the biggest MWs, he's probably close to 210... not sure now after USADA though, but still more than 193

and jones, I couldn't see the video, blocked here, but no way he's only 215

How the fuck does Cormier gain 31 lbs in 36 hours? Is there something i'm missing?

Tibua was able to do the same.... at 155lbs. That's adding 20% to his 155 weigh in amount. If a LHW does the same percent, he would be 246. So by percentage, what DC does is not even close to Tibua could do. Mind you, Tibua was juicing... But still, 31lbs it a LOT, but not unheard of for a LHW.

Weight cutting is the biggest farce in combat sports. Probably more people have died from this bullshit than from the fighting itself.

if only the commissions would do their job properly ..what a joke that is to be honest

they should have walk-on weights recorded .. Just to have data would be nice ..

I always wonder why anyone thinks changing the weight classes accomplishes anything after 6 months. Sure, it'll be great for the next card, maybe 2 cards, then after 6 months, everyone just starts cutting as much as they can again to the new numbers.

Except now its a consistent 10 lb gap between those 5 classes, instead of 15 lb between LW and WW. That makes the difference. The 15 lb screws fighters who fall in between. They're too small to compete at 170 but they struggle to get those 3-4 lbs off to compete at 155. It puts fights in jeopardy constantly at LW.

The increase to 130 also helps FLW, which lacks a deep talent pool but with an extra 5 lbs a lot of BWs can compete at FLW. In my opinion 125 will never ever be deep, and there's reasons for that I can elaborate.

If you want to contribute, include your source for a fighters' cage weight and I'll update the thread accordingly.

Light Heavyweight
Daniel Cormier: 236 lbs
Jon Jones: 216 lbs

Middleweight
Anderson Silva: 202 lbs (or less)
Chris Weidman: 192-193 lbs
Luke Rockhold: 200-201 lbs

Welterweight
Georges St-Pierre: 188 lbs
Tyron Woodley: 190 lbs
Stephen Thompson: 182 lbs

Lightweight
Khabib Nurmagomedov: 170 lbs
Conor McGregor: 168 lbs
Eddie Alvarez: 171 lbs
Kevin Lee: 176 lbs

Featherweight
Jose Aldo: 164 lbs
Chad Mendes: 160 lbs
Frankie Edgar: 155 lbs

Bantamweight
Dominick Cruz: 150 lbs
TJ Dillashaw: 150 lbs
Cody Garbrandt: 146 lbs
Renan Barão: 157 lbs

Flyweight
Demetrious Johnson: 137 lbs

Women's Featherweight
Cris Cyborg: 170 lbs
Holly Holm: 147 lbs

Women's Bantamweight
Ronda Rousey: 140 lbs
Cat Zingano: 151 lbs

Women's Flyweight
Valentina Shevchenko: 135 lbs

Women's Strawweight
Rose Namajunas: 119 lbs
Joanna Jędrzejczyk: 130 lbs or 135 lbs
Cláudia Gadelha: 126 lbs
Jéssica Andrade: 132 lbs
lel at chris being 193 hahha. he is 200- 205 for sure.

This post makes zero sense; Woodley said in the link I cited that he cuts from 190 lbs.
GSP cut from 188 lbs when he competed at Welterweight; he said on Rogan's podcast that he was 191-192 lbs when he fought Bisping, but I (nor GSP himself) considers him a Middleweight, which is why I only posted his Welterweight numbers.

Re read the article, he said that was before he started the new diets and was coming in in the high 70’s to start his cut after the new diet. It’s his words not mine

Doesn't Baraos article say that he cut from 157, not that it's his cage weight?

I really wish they officially weighed them in on fight night, at least for the record.

Maybe post USADA Weidman weighs that, but in his fights with Silva he was clearly significantly larger. Same height but much thicker in the chest and back.

How is TS getting these numbers?

Some off the numbers are spot on but others are way off. Some are just to clean to be right. Jones doesn't weight no 216. At least 225. He's 230-235 normally.

Re read the article, he said that was before he started the new diets and was coming in in the high 70’s to start his cut after the new diet. It’s his words not mine
I know there's a second source that exists in which he says on an embedded that he cuts from 190 lbs, I just haven't been able to find it again (yet). And unlike Weidman, who has gotten noticeably smaller, Woodley doesn't look anything like someone who fights in the 170s, otherwise he'd be closer in size to Kevin Lee (which he isn't).

I know there's a second source that exists in which he says on an embedded that he cuts from 190 lbs, I just haven't been able to find it again (yet). And unlike Weidman, who has gotten noticeably smaller, Woodley doesn't look anything like someone who fights in the 170s, otherwise he'd be closer in size to Kevin Lee (which he isn't).

Yes he used to because his diet was horrible and was fat off camp, from as he says eating McDonald’s and shit.

But with a healthy diet and not carrying extra out of camp fat this is what he says exactly from his own mouth.

twood said:
r. Right now I weigh exactly what I will weigh walking into fight week. I look to come in in the high 170s, and that will be the first time in my entire career that I go into fight week weighing in the 170s. I usually go in 190-195.[\quote]

Maybe post USADA Weidman weighs that, but in his fights with Silva he was clearly significantly larger. Same height but much thicker in the chest and back.
lel at chris being 193 hahha. he is 200- 205 for sure.
there is NO way weidman is in the low 190s in his fights. yes that was for 194, I remember reading about it, but usally no, he was one of the biggest MWs, he's probably close to 210... not sure now after USADA though, but still more than 193

and jones, I couldn't see the video, blocked here, but no way he's only 215
Why would I post Weidman's Pre-USADA weight? Yes, he used to be huge, then USADA came in and he got down to the mid-190s.

As for Jones, here's a screen capture of the scale Jones had stepped on:
d0FF9JQ.jpg

Jones weighed 216.2 lbs on 7/3/16, which was 5 days out from weigh in (long before he'd start cutting water weight).

How is TS getting these numbers?

Some off the numbers are spot on but others are way off. Some are just to clean to be right. Jones doesn't weight no 216. At least 225. He's 230-235 normally.
I sourced all the weights with links, I have no idea why you're asking that question. Regarding Jon Jones, see above.

if only the commissions would do their job properly ..what a joke that is to be honest

they should have walk-on weights recorded .. Just to have data would be nice ..
Doesn't Baraos article say that he cut from 157, not that it's his cage weight?

I really wish they officially weighed them in on fight night, at least for the record.
I remember HBO used to do "unofficial" fight-night weigh ins and included them in the tale of the tape:

fXzmvPN.jpg

Why would I post Weidman's Pre-USADA weight? Yes, he used to be huge, then USADA came in and he got down to the mid-190s.

As for Jones, here's a screen capture of the scale Jones had stepped on:
d0FF9JQ.jpg

Jones weighed 216.2 lbs on 7/3/16, which was 5 days out from weigh in (long before he'd start cutting water weight).

I sourced all the weights with links, I have no idea why you're asking that question. Regarding Jon Jones, see above.

I remember HBO used to do "unofficial" fight-night weigh ins and included them in the tale of the tape:

fXzmvPN.jpg
but don't they use to rehydrate above the fight week weight? not sure though

Yes he used to because his diet was horrible and was fat off camp, from as he says eating McDonald’s and shit.

But with a healthy diet and not carrying extra out of camp fat this is what he says exactly from his own mouth.
I think Woodley had referenced a 190 lb cut on the UFC 174 Embedded - Episode 3, but for some reason the UFC took that particular episode down :confused:.

Woodley referenced McDonalds for when he was young and wrestling, not doing MMA, and in an interview with Helwani (which took place after the article I originally cited) he said that he still walks around at 205 lbs:

Woodley doesn't get fat in between camps, so a 15 lb disparity between walk around and cage weight makes a lot more sense than a +26 lb disparity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back