Congratulations, Texas: Highest maternal mortality in developed world thanks to GOP budget cuts

Texas republicans took a courageous. principled stand. And rejected the federally funded ACA medicaid expansion for their state. They can hold their heads high.
doesn't matter everyone is responsible for their own insurance, the state does't have to pick up the tab

Uh-huh. That's it why Texas and Texas only has seen this huge change. Immigration.
Not Texas' massive reproductive funding cuts.
Immigration.
Because Texas is the only state where immigrants go.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/20/texas-maternal-mortality-rate-health-clinics-funding

So much for that theory.
Got any more great ideas involving how this doesn't tie directly to Republican policy?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't California cut it's 2011 Medi-Cal budget (including family planning clinics) also?

I would say the cut would have an effect for sure.

Of this rate how many are legal and how many are here illegally?

So if we removed the illegals from the numbers I would bet the numbers would be much lower.

Then why should we be responsible for illegals and their health care.

You may be right about the overall trend. However, a 100% increase in just four years only happened in Texas and nowhere else in the US or the world.

because cali will take care of all the illegals while texas will not

we also need to remember that not only are you required by law to have health insurance...

EVERY health insurance policy sold (or given/via subsidy depending on your income) must provide maternity coverage, this was one of the mandates when obamacare passed

so either forcing people to purchase something didn't work and/or forcing people to buy a policy with a monster deductible leaves them with insurance that they still can't afford to use

Last edited:

Would most of the illegals in Texas and Cali be categorised as "black" in the US? Because the statistics show that it's disproportionately a problem for black women.

completely inaccurate statement, emergency rooms are still packed with illegals seeking medical attention whether it be a stomach ache or a tumor

You may be right about the overall trend. However, a 100% increase in just four years only happened in Texas and nowhere else in the US or the world.
Mexicans, reproducing and dying at alarming rates.

For many in the war room, the apparent criteria for whether someone should receive medical care is their ethnicity. Sad but not surprising.

Yeah, it is like when people point out red states are fatter, have more poverty and violence. But if you look at the people leading the charge it is blue voters in those red states. lol. Minorities basically. The blue parts of the state.

That is so true lol. The best prediction for poverty and violence is the percentage of minorities, not wheter people vote dem or rep.

so either forcing people to purchase something didn't work and/or forcing people to buy a policy with a monster deductible leaves them with insurance that they still can't afford to use

Correct answer. And the premiums for the Obamacare shitsurance only appear to be going up.

For many in the war room, the apparent criteria for whether someone should receive medical care is their ethnicity. Sad but not surprising.

you're right, in fact I think America has enough money to pay for the world's health insurance. if you don't support that you're definitely a racist. Sad but not surprising.

Mexico gonna Mexico.

Kind of hard to stop medical and epidemiological trends from crossing the border when you can't stop people from doing it.

So the dems can't figure out that when they encourage people from a third world country (that has a maternal mortality rate of 50) to illegally cross the border to have their babies it might cause an increase in the maternal mortality rate in Texas..... wow, big surprise. "Lets blame it on the Republicans".

Like in California right? Let me guess you are one of these guys that get mad when called a bigot.

Sounds like closing the borders would help solve this problem

Correct answer. And the premiums for the Obamacare shitsurance only appear to be going up.

To be fair, premiums were already going up before Obamacare, and it is entirely possible they'd be much higher without it. It's a shame the insurance industry is too big to fail.

Like in California right? Let me guess you are one of these guys that get mad when called a bigot.

Yeah, I do get mad when people call me something I'm not. I imagine you get mad when someone calls you a bigot as well.

Back