Conor’s game plan to mentally defeating Khabib.

I think your wrong. Conors whole plan was to make some noise and then run. Just like with eddie alvarez. And khabib wasnt rustled by artem,he just calmly told him not to talk shit. Who needs to fear such a coward who cant even admit to something thats on film already?

When conor grab the chair during eddie alvarez press conference,he wasnt fooling anyone,hes counting on security to hold him back.

Alvarez didn't gang up on his bud. That's a significant difference. I do agree that he wasn't really gonna hit Alvarez, he has nothing against him.

Bud, I didn't take you for a SD keyboard warrior and calling a pro fighter a coward though.

he isn't going to trash talk

makes no difference for khabib who probably doesn't even understand most of the shit

I highly doubt after all the shit Khabib has been through, that Conor screaming and grabbing his dick is going to impact him mentally.

Conor has to win this one with his skills. I give him a 40 percent chance.

You can say the same thing about Aldo, who grew up very poor in the favelas, has been through some serious shit, has been the champion of that division for years, yet Conor easily shook him despite not even speaking his language. How come?

he isn't going to trash talk

makes no difference for khabib who probably doesn't even understand most of the shit

Jose Aldo doesn't even speak English, still got shook.

When hours later you say you'll engage in a street fight, when you had the chance to do one there, it's pretty lame.

giphy.gif

What has that to do with not escalating an assault on a bus into a fucking crime scene? Or are you claiming that a professional fighter with 25+ fights is afraid of a fight?

I don't understand the logic here. Neither Conor nor Khabib are cowards, as evident by their profession, so why are you framing one of them as such?

The context of the situation is pretty clear. One dude is dehydrated from a brutal weight cut, the other is drugged out on cocaine and out of his mind. And only one of those has a million dollar fight at stake. And as an adult, he acted accordingly by not jeopardizing his chance to fight in 24 hours by spending the coming days in jail, something the drugged out coke-head did.

Alvarez didn't gang up on his bud. That's a significant difference. I do agree that he wasn't really gonna hit Alvarez, he has nothing against him.

Bud, I didn't take you for a SD keyboard warrior and calling a pro fighter a coward though.
I dont use it lightly. In this case i feel its apt. He could have admitted he said those things as a man and apologized. He denied it amd then reappeared with conor and his goons. I find these actions cowardly.

What has that to do with not escalating an assault on a bus into a fucking crime scene? Or are you claiming that a professional fighter with 25+ fights is afraid of a fight?

I don't understand the logic here. Neither Conor nor Khabib are cowards, as evident by their profession, so why are you framing one of them as such?

The context of the situation is pretty clear. One dude is dehydrated from a brutal weight cut, the other is drugged out on cocaine and out of his mind. And only one of those has a million dollar fight at stake. And as an adult, he acted accordingly by not jeopardizing his chance to fight in 24 hours by spending the coming days in jail, something the drugged out coke-head did.

Lol c'mon man. He confronted Artem only 24hrs before. Artem could've escalated things there too yet Khabib still did it. All the same risks were there except this time Khabib wasn't the bully.

Not to mention, but your entire narrative falls apart considering Khabib then sent out hours later that he was willing to throw down. Again, all the same risks.

Lol c'mon man. He confronted Artem only 24hrs before. Artem could've escalated things there too yet Khabib still did it.

you are analogizing talking to someone in a hallway where the most aggressive action was grabbing the neck and whispering real close with a manic individual rushing a bus, throwing metal dollies through windows and injuring several fighters?

The thing that Conor brings is media pressure.
Most fighters are used to being grifted by their trainer, doing selfies with some chicks in the nightclub, and then talking to the four journalists that cover MMA (Arial, Luke, the fat guy, and that English bloke).
When you fight Conor you go outside your door and ESPN are there with a TV truck.

Suddenly, you can't even do simple things, like humiliate a homeless person on the street, without the worlds media wanting to get all up in your shit. Then you are thinking about how you appear, spending all that psychic energy managing the media and not focusing on your fight. Conor manages the extra spotlight like a star with his antics, corny schtic, and quick wit. They're lapping it up and then... the light turns to you.

Alvarez started off some great trash talking when it was the usual story and he visibly wilted when the media ramped up closer to fight night. Aldo cracked a full 12 months before he got in the Octogon.
It doesn't always work though, Nates skull is impervious to more than blunt force trauma but, he did a lot better when he was short notice than when he had to go through the full cycle. The 200lbs thing got turned back on him big time. Mayweather is used to bigger and brighter spotlights and has been doing it longer. While Conor performed a shit-talking extravaganza he was never getting into Floyds head.

Who is to say what will happen to Khabib, he's a pretty cool customer with a great line in shit talk himself. He seems to be an emotional guy getting into brawls in hotels, hanging with gangsters, and issuing "send me location" freakouts but he, like Conor seems to be able to switch it off when he crosses the Octogon threshold.

Khabib responded rather calmly with a simple, short 'threat' to Kavanagh, and his confrontation with ' Artem was relatively chill, putting a hand on his head and talking to him.

Conor, on the other hand, assembled a band of hooligans, flew across the globe, and ran around like a lunatic before throwing a dolly at a bus.

but Khabib is the one who will get triggered and upset? I don't know, guys. Conor was amped up before fighting Nate too...while all Nate had to do was issue a few "fuck you" responses and Conor was spun like a kid who just ate a pound of candy lol

Conor is the emotional one. He might get Khabib if he is *really* disrespectful about religion/family, but I don't think Conor will go there. Underneath the brash exterior is a respectful fighter and I think Conor knows that the standard 'it was just to hype the fight' won't cut it if he crosses that line.

I guess we will see.
I'm sure Conor gets emotional. But he is also a showman, so he greatly exaggerates a lot of stuff for publicity unlike Khabib. The whole bus incident was obviously a set up promoted by the UFC. It's not like Conor got so mad he flew to NYC to throw a dolly at a bus just because Khabib confronted Artem. Khabib confronting Artem was a lack of composure though. He was under stress and undergoing a weight cut so I'll cut him some slack. But threatening Artem is like an adult threatening a kid because the kid called him some 'mean' names. Like others have mentioned this type of shit wouldn't fly in Dagestan, where you would confront the person. And that's the weakness that Conor will look to exploit. How much it actually gets to Khabib vs how he uses it will show on fight night. But it's silly to think Khabib won't be affected by Conor, when he got so amped up by a D level fighter calling him out.

I dont use it lightly. In this case i feel its apt. He could have admitted he said those things as a man and apologized. He denied it amd then reappeared with conor and his goons. I find these actions cowardly.

Maybe he didn't even remember it straight away and getting pressured by a mob out of no where can be overwhelming. It wasn't like he made it as a public statement to the press, it was just during a Q&A iirc. Even if he deliberately debied it, I can't blame him as any sane person would try to avoid escalation in that situation.

And genuine question, as I am not sure, but did Artem actively attack the bus or was he just present? Because there is not much harm in being present, IMO. I do know he didn't go to court for it, so it couldn't have been that bad.

I see absolutely no reason to call him a coward.

you are analogizing talking to someone in a hallway where the most aggressive action was grabbing the neck and whispering real close with a manic individual rushing a bus, throwing metal dollies through windows and injuring several fighters?

Yes, because Artem could've decided he actually would slap Khabib and start a fight. Your claim that Khabib shouldn't go after Conor because things could escalate makes no sense as Artem could've escalated things too. By your logic Khabib shouldn't have done anything to Artem.

The only difference was who was the aggressor here.

Maybe he didn't even remember it straight away and getting pressured by a mob out of no where can be overwhelming. It wasn't like he made it as a public statement to the press, it was just during a Q&A iirc. Even if he deliberately debied it, I can't blame him as any sane person would try to avoid escalation in that situation.

And genuine question, as I am not sure, but did Artem actively attack the bus or was he just present? Because there is not much harm in being present, IMO. I do know he didn't go to court for it, so it couldn't have been that bad.

I see absolutely no reason to call him a coward.
He got caught. Khabib literally saw the footage,which is why he confronted him,so "i didnt say anything" just doesnt fly. Hes caught. Own up to it,khabib already knows. Him not makin eye contact and stammering about is shameful,really. And if thata the case he shouldnt have been near the action afterward since he clearly doesnt stand behind his own actions,needs others to clean his mess. I cant respect that. Yes hes a fighter,but ive been challenged when the odds were against me,and the possibilty of getting jumped was a very real reality,and no cell phones present back then,and i didnt act as cowardly as he did. Im not tougher than any normal guy but sometimes you gotta make best of bad situation. If he didnt remember,as you theorized,he should have said that. Im sorry if i did,i dont remember. I apologize.
He look like he got caught stealing by his old man for fucks sake and denied it thru his teeth. Have some goddamned dignity.

I'm sure Conor gets emotional. But he is also a showman, so he greatly exaggerates a lot of stuff for publicity unlike Khabib. The whole bus incident was obviously a set up promoted by the UFC. It's not like Conor got so mad he flew to NYC to throw a dolly at a bus just because Khabib confronted Artem. Khabib confronting Artem was a lack of composure though. He was under stress and undergoing a weight cut so I'll cut him some slack. But threatening Artem is like an adult threatening a kid because the kid called him some 'mean' names. Like others have mentioned this type of shit wouldn't fly in Dagestan, where you would confront the person. And that's the weakness that Conor will look to exploit. How much it actually gets to Khabib vs how he uses it will show on fight night. But it's silly to think Khabib won't be affected by Conor, when he got so amped up by a D level fighter calling him out.

how is it that Khabib is described as "amped up" when he didn't even raise his voice, hit him, etc? then you rationalize away all of Conor's antics as exaggerations? so throwing a dolly through a bus window was purely manufactured behaviour that was devoid of emotion? and how can you say it was "obviously a setup"?

sorry...not buying it. you are making all sorts of claims with nothing more than opinion and cultural generalizations to back any of it up.

how is it that Khabib is described as "amped up" when he didn't even raise his voice, hit him, etc? then you rationalize away all of Conor's antics as exaggerations? so throwing a dolly through a bus window was purely manufactured behaviour that was devoid of emotion? and how can you say it was "obviously a setup"?

sorry...not buying it. you are making all sorts of claims with nothing more than opinion and cultural generalizations to back any of it up.
Have you ever felt like grabbing a guy by the neck? Do you feel calm and collected when you do that?

Also Conor has repeatedly shown in his fights that he can keep his composure. His only weakness is his cardio (aside from the fact that Khabib is miles ahead of him in the ground game).

Unlike Nate Khabib isn't gonna do any trash talking to get inside Conor's head so that's a moot point. He's gonna follow the Aldo approach. Stay calm and deliver on fight night.

As much as Aldo tried to stay calm and laugh it off, it eventually got to him. Conor grabbing his belt, putting his hand on his shoulders in the studio. Conor found a way to rattle Aldo before the fight.

There is no reason to believe that Khabib won't be rattled too. He has never faced who will talk to him and disrespect him the way Conor does. Clearly Artem's silly trash talk got to Khabib, otherwise he wouldn't even bother confronting Artem about it. Like I said, if a kid insulted you over the internet, would you grab the kid by the neck when you saw him, or just ignore him? If you are an adult, there is only answer to that question.

Last edited:
He got caught. Khabib literally saw the footage,which is why he confronted him,so "i didnt say anything" just doesnt fly. Hes caught. Own up to it,khabib already knows. Him not makin eye contact and stammering about is shameful,really. And if thata the case he shouldnt have been near the action afterward since he clearly doesnt stand behind his own actions,needs others to clean his mess. I cant respect that. Yes hes a fighter,but ive been challenged when the odds were against me,and the possibilty of getting jumped was a very real reality,and no cell phones present back then,and i didnt act as cowardly as he did. Im not tougher than any normal guy but sometimes you gotta make best of bad situation. If he didnt remember,as you theorized,he should have said that. Im sorry if i did,i dont remember. I apologize.
He look like he got caught stealing by his old man for fucks sake and denied it thru his teeth. Have some goddamned dignity.

<{hughesimpress}>

I hope he does, IMO religion is one of the dumbest things on this planet.
It may be the dumbest thing in the world. I agree 100%, but it also spawns crazy people lots of which happen to be Khabib's religion as we know. It would be a legit life threatening deal if Conor did that. I remember reading muslims going after a newspaper satire artist that made fun their religion. Wouldn't be a wise life choice.

Conors shook,artems shook,dillon danis is sjook,coach kavanaugh is shook,conormcgoat2018 is shook,dana is shook,WME is shook,Khabib is ridin crescent fresh from here to the octagon,hes coppin it sweet,as it were

Back