Conor and Gunnar Nelson learning some weird voodoo movement BS(warning: long sticks)

some of the movement they are showing in that video superb, and the strength and control on it is great to watch.

Not sure how much it will translate into the cage but its still pretty cool

[YT]

If that's not fake editing, I'm fucking impressed!

Average 14 yo sherdogger is taekwondo world champ as well as a world cup level soccer player. So it's easy.

Good+advice_4130a6_5570926.jpg

[YT]2Cdkmgx8uYk[/YT]

Idk how practical that one capoera move can be for training, but who knows... tho I doubt it.
Hey any ideas who are the guys he's sparring wrestling with???? credentials?

some of the stuff in ido's video is pretty impressive

X3360_.gif

Stupid. He may as well go train with Yogis.

Cringeworthy to have that with The Foggy Dew.

Over a pool? we used to kick it up to the roof top 2 stories high when playing in our garden...

Also, everyone I knew back in school can juggle a football over 10 times(head/leg/chest)

However, I will admit average kids cant spinning back kick. u got me there. Edit: I just did it now, not impressed any more, lol.

obviously he meant over the pool with a spin kick. The average UFC fighter can't even throw a spin kick

Conor is better than Aldo even at soccer.

Bwahahaha, Aldo almost went pro in BRAZIL.

Do you even know what that means??

Conor is from Dublin so obviously he has some soccer skills, but Aldo almost went pro in fucking Brazil.

Masters of Movement.

ngQNh8i.gif

Nobody except McGregor's fans have called McGregor a master of movement, not even McGregor himself.

He's constantly referred to himself as a student of human movement and stated that when it comes to overall human movement he is only a white belt...

Masters of Movement.

ngQNh8i.gif

Lol no hoop not hard.

Not a Conor fan and less of a fan of his fans like Jin here, but theres nothing wrong with what he is doing here in the OP video.

Calling it weird voodoo movement bs is silly. Its pretty cool and part of being a mixed martial artist.

Yeah this is probably good for your flexibility and a good way to cool down and loosen up after a workout.

Anyone hating on this is a dumbass, and anyone thinking Conor is a master of human movement because of this is also a dumbass.

U woot m8?
The average 14 year old outside the US can do that.
I'm embarrassed to even reply to it.

look again, brah. That was a BASKETBALL - a ball used by A-level athletes in an A-level sport.

Who cares about what kids in a favela can do with a SOCCER BALL. Lets see them kick a Spalding around.

Also is screwed, his gameplan relies heavily on slowly moving a stick towards his opponent.

some of the movement they are showing in that video superb, and the strength and control on it is great to watch.

Not sure how much it will translate into the cage but its still pretty cool

Ido Portal had some commentary on their session together on his blog, his rationale behind having them react to stick attacks etc is pretty cool(although I don't know if it holds up in terms of the neuroscience), essentially he wants to break the athlete out of the movement patterns he is used to working within, so for a fighter that is always reacting to incoming punches and kicks, dodging something like a stick will force him to think outside the box so to speak, and this can help with breaking through plateaus and suchlike.

So these movements are not supposed to actually be used in the cage, but to help the fighter to keep improving in his actual skillset by deliberately stepping outside of it.

Conor's always doing these kinds of moves but I've never seen him do explosive stuff like backflips, is he able to do that kind of movement ?

but Aldo almost went pro in fucking Brazil.

that really doesnt mean very much. The standard of soccer in Brazil below the top few clubs (Corinthians, Santos, Inter) Is pretty poor.

How many Copa Libartaores have Brazilian clubs won since 2000? about 5 in 15 years, all the decent Brazilians are in Europe.

FIFA rankings Brazil are only the 4th best team in South America right now.

that really doesnt mean very much. The standard of soccer in Brazil below the top few clubs (Corinthians, Santos, Inter) Is pretty poor.

How many Copa Libartaores have Brazilian clubs won since 2000? about 5 in 15 years, all the decent Brazilians are in Europe.

FIFA rankings Brazil are only the 4th best team in South America right now.

Aldo almost went pro about 15 years ago iirc

Back