Conor didn't really bite the apple. They used CGI !

What an odd thing to do. Why not just actually bite an apple.
probably some odd production decision. Might send a piece flying, or not bite cleanly the way they want, so just adjust it in post. Obviously, a good director would just do a few takes and talk it out to get it right but I doubt they signed even a decent director by cheap commercial standards for this shit.

John Conor Bonham ;)

conor-mcgregor-suga-sean.gif

Been looking for this, not at my local spot yet

Was watching the commercial and he didn't even bite the apple.
Weak sauce. Boo this man !

I've always known he was fake AF, but not even biting the apple. . . a bridge too far!

Since I'm already here for some reason, I also want to know why the editing decision was for him to take a (fake) bite from an apple, and then *immediately* speak with mouth open while baring glaringly artificially whitened teeth. . . and no apple within. He doesn't attempt to pretend to chew, or even swallow.

My conclusions: So the viewer is supposed to assume that either A) he didn't really take a bite of the apple that he's trying to compliment, or B) he did take a bite, but inhaled/insta-swallowed it.

I've always known he was fake AF, but not even biting the apple. . . a bridge too far!

Since I'm already here for some reason, I also want to know why the editing decision was for him to take a (fake) bite from an apple, and then *immediately* speak with mouth open while baring glaringly artificially whitened teeth. . . and no apple within. He doesn't attempt to pretend to chew, or even swallow.

My conclusions: So the viewer is supposed to assume that either A) he didn't really take a bite of the apple that he's trying to compliment, or B) he did take a bite, but inhaled/insta-swallowed it.
You're really overestimating how closely viewers pay attention to a commercial lol

This choice would make sense if he immediately had to talk without any edits;
instead, there's a clear cut between the bite and the line reading, so there was no reason to not bite into it.

Really weird directing choice o_O

Jameson or Tullamore Dew for me please.
Jameson cold brew straight out of the freezer is pretty much the only way I can recover from the aches and pains of homesteading these days. That and copious amounts of bubble hash.

It cuts to him holding a bitten apple, so they wouldn’t even need CGI, just an apple with a bite out of it. Since they had to do numerous takes, the apple flesh would turn brown and ruin the shot, therefore CG fresh apple bite makes perfect sense. Also Conor is allergic to apples but does not want to show any weakness.

Back