Conor: Im here to get rich fast and get out quickly...

So he gonna try to strike and then run from the wrestlers...

Conor is a hustler and is good at PR, he's got his eyes on the money. For his sake he better hope he can Mickey-one-punch Aldo, if not it better be one hell of a fight, a fight to remember.

True i understand. My brothers grandfather is 70-75 years old and he just went back to work because he was bored being at home.

Your gramps has a problem... boredom is a problem for the poor...

Conor has only been fighting about 3.5 years less than Aldo.

Conor 19 pro fighs, Aldo 26 pro fights.

Sure Aldo has been fighting at a vastly higher level but this isn't some short term thing for Conor.

He is a smart guy, I can see him making a fortune and then having a career as a presenter in the same way that Chael did ifhe doesn't just wanna sit back and relax

Chael likes to talk about himself, they guy shits me to tears but he does have some acceptional knowledge on fighting and MMA.

Ask yourself this,

What is the most insightful thing you have heard Conor say?

Your gramps has a problem... boredom is a problem for the poor...

Richest guy I know is still working for that same reason.

And by rich I mean mega-yacht rich.

Don't worry Aldo is setting up your departure as we speak

It's a smart move, not everyone is like GSP who retired on top. Yes he was still young but he has been in a lot of fights in like 10 years, there's no need to take unnecesary damage.

Richest guy I know is still working for that same reason.

And by rich I mean mega-yacht rich.
Yeah right. On the internet everyone always 'knows' a guy that proves their point. Fukk outta here with that BULLSHIT

Chael likes to talk about himself, they guy shits me to tears but he does have some acceptional knowledge on fighting and MMA.

Ask yourself this,

What is the most insightful thing you have heard Conor say?

Has the humility to work with a sports psychologist. All the visualization stuff... I think he really believes it. And if he does, that is absolute gold and a massive advantage. He also has a different view of training, which espouses avoiding wear and tear where possible. Again, very smart imo.

Conor is making more than 10yrs of his plumbers salary per fight.

How many of us are making 10x what we were making a couple years ago?

Conor seems like he has his eye on the ball. Hype the shit out of your fights. Be a big draw and convince Dana and company to pay you top dollar while you shoot for the gold.

Win big, make your millions and get the fuck out before you take enough brain damage to diminish your later years.

Yeah right. On the internet everyone always 'knows' a guy that proves their point. Fukk outta here with that BULLSHIT

Gee did I hit a nerve or something???

Easy fella, just mentioned a guy I know.

Didn't I say he or anyone was wrong or anything like that.

But tell you what I will prove the same point with simple logic.

Answer me this,

Why do billonaires keep working?

Has the humility to work with a sports psychologist. All the visualization stuff... I think he really believes it. And if he does, that is absolute gold and a massive advantage. He also has a different view of training, which espouses avoiding wear and tear where possible. Again, very smart imo.

Thats good and all but I don't see how it will make him a good commentator.

I don't really listen to him speak all that much as its generally unoriginal "I am the best" "Finish him in 2 minutes" shit.
I don't like it from anyone (check my list of fighters) but its literally all I hear from Conor.

Am I missing something?

That's the best approach because headtrauma is rampant.

I think Conor has the fight iq and reaction speed to not take crazy damage. I also think hes not leaving the fight game anytime soon. He will retire before hes humilated but the dude is competitive as hell and will always think he can win. Hes not going anywhere for a long while.

Guess it all depends on what one considers rich. He isnt going to get rich in the UFC in a few years.

If hes getting PPV points for the Aldo card, hes looking to make a couple mill easy going by the hype train.

Unique fella. He enjoys training over actual fighting. I dont know if I believe that. Smart tho.

True i understand. My brothers grandfather is 70-75 years old and he just went back to work because he was bored being at home.

Yes, 30 years old is a very young age to retire for a normal person but not for a athlete in a combat sport. I mean if your in your late 20s, early 30s and your already a millionaire, why not retire? Live a little longer, and live happier. Go watch the ufc events live and enjoy your time on this earth.

30 years old is a young age to retire for someone who isn't rich, but if your rich, I'm sure you won't get bored traveling the world with all the money you have.
Every time i hear of some crazy shit like someone wins the lottery but kept their job bagging groceries because they love the people they work with (true story btw) i want to slap them in the face.

I get things like your brother's grandfather if your options are basically like play golf and watch tv every day. But for anyone who has real money I don't see how they could ever be bored enough to prefer work to it. Personally playing golf and watching tv all day is still way better than work. By the time most people retire or can retire they are too old to really do much with their life. It is pretty depressing actually. I didn't even expect to be alive this long so its all gravy for me but I wouldn't promote that path either. I am starting to think Darwin was on to something! I say put all the wealth in a big pile. Whoever is left standing at the end gets to enjoy it. The rest won't know they lost anyway!

Unique fella. He enjoys training over actual fighting. I dont know if I believe that. Smart tho.

Someone isn't trying to take you head off in training. And i am sure these guys love the art itself. But there is also the time and the weight cut. Maybe he is comparing like on any given day? Because I'd much rather have one fight then 8 weeks of training.

Back