Conor is not universally loved by the Irish

Cool man. Thanks for the info!

Just one question, though. Do you live in Ireland, or is just the feedback you're getting from over there? If you do live in Ireland? What's the mood like? Do people have a sense that this could be a historic event?

Yeah mate I'm Irish as living here. We're a nation of boxing fans so there's not many giving him a shot but we always take pride in our athletes being such a small country. McGregor winning this would make waves throughout the country north and south, it's buzzing with excitement at the thought that there's a glimmer of hope someone from here could a achieve something like this. It's on at stupid o'clock in the morning but plenty of party's to chose from I watch it at because the pubs are shut before it starts and it's only costing us about 20usd to watch.

"When one of us goes, we all go to war"

I'll break it down for you real quick, working class irish love him apart from the minority of broken retarded begrudgers, better off people generally dislike him because he is everything they aren't and it KILLS them to see anyone from a working class background succeed, its a simple case of tall poppy syndrome

That explains pretty much envy as a whole.

I'll break it down for you real quick, working class irish love him apart from the minority of broken retarded begrudgers, better off people generally dislike him because he is everything they aren't and it KILLS them to see anyone from a working class background succeed, its a simple case of tall poppy syndrome
Long story short, stop holding bitterness deepin ya bum soul.

Lol

Yeah mate I'm Irish as living here. We're a nation of boxing fans so there's not many giving him a shot but we always take pride in our athletes being such a small country. McGregor winning this would make waves throughout the country north and south, it's buzzing with excitement at the thought that there's a glimmer of hope someone from here could a achieve something like this. It's on at stupid o'clock in the morning but plenty of party's to chose from I watch it at because the pubs are shut before it starts and it's only costing us about 20usd to watch.

When one of us lose, we all trash the streets,

Wait, wrong sport

I'll be rooting for the American. I'll leave Conor to the "but my great grandmother was Irish" crowd.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Are you from the future ?

Why is the gif timestamped 8/26/17
"The way Conor was murked by Floyd "

Awesome man! As an MMA and Conor fan, I'm hoping he pulls it off! I'll be in Vegas and will be attending the weigh ins; I can't weight to experience that atmosphere.

I bet the whole week afterwards in Ireland will almost feel surreal if he pulls of the upset. Even though I don't have any Irish roots that I know of, me and my friends that are gonna be there (we didn't get tickets to the fight) are taking a lot of pride in the fact that we can say we were a part of such a big event ha.

In every nation there are traitors of their own.

I know Irish people who can't fucking stand him.

Ill break it down now in a way that actually is accurate. Young people who have spent the majority of their lives on internet forums acting in a way that is degenerate, immature, self centered and ignorant love him (they are convinced how they act on the internet doesn't effect who they really are). People that have actually built quality lives and deep satisfying loving connections with friends and family hate him because they know that all of that bravado is bullshit empty talk and really goes nowhere in terms of what makes for a quality life.

Young people will use the money and fame that Conor has made as proof that acting like he is some kind of God is a good thing--- totally and unknowingly proving the point of the older people.....

Oh and Fedor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone must love Conor, if you don't you're clearly just a bitter broke bum jealous hater

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

This is a long but very good article, and worth reading for those of you that have the attention span.

One thing I found very interesting in there though is how some people in Ireland are rubbed the wrong way by Conor's attitude. From the article:

While the younger generation in Ireland was celebrating one of its own, old-school fight-watchers found Mystic Mac's personality grating.

"He has utterly divided Irish society, not along socio-economic grounds, but by age," says Sean McGoldrick of the Sunday World, a newspaper in Ireland. "We like our sports stars to be humble."

If you walk the streets of Dublin, even three weeks before the Mayweather fight, you'll run into plenty of McGregor fans. But many others feel he's negatively affected the perception of the country.

Sitting inside a French restaurant on Fade Street, in a tightly tailored suit, Sean, a salesman in his early 40s, says McGregor "is playing what people think an Irishman is—it's not very Irish at all."

Down the road at Jo'Burger, conversation turns to McGregor, and one of the waiters jumps in unprompted: "He doesn't represent us in the best way."
I stopped reading after reading ""McGregor has never had a boxing match in his life". This ignorant bullshit AGAIN? But I might have stopped reading anyway due to my short attention span.

Weird thread. Of course no one is universally loved. I doubt I'm even loved by my whole family nevermind a whole population.

Ill break it down now in a way that actually is accurate. Young people who have spent the majority of their lives on internet forums acting in a way that is degenerate, immature, self centered and ignorant love him (they are convinced how they act on the internet doesn't effect who they really are). People that have actually built quality lives and deep satisfying loving connections with friends and family hate him because they know that all of that bravado is bullshit empty talk and really goes nowhere in terms of what makes for a quality life.

Young people will use the money and fame that Conor has made as proof that acting like he is some kind of God is a good thing--- totally and unknowingly proving the point of the older people.....

Oh and Fedor.
Cool story bro. Conor will bless your bum life too, eventually.

This post contains no useful points.
And your post was usefull? What insights did we get regarding the Irish support Conor, did we get? You just wented and whined, typical hater. But again Conor will bless your bum life.

And your post was usefull? What insights did we get regarding the Irish support Conor, did we get? You just wented and whined, typical hater. But again Conor will bless your bum life.

I dont mind at all if you disagree with my position but dont pretend there wasn't any substance there.

Awesome man! As an MMA and Conor fan, I'm hoping he pulls it off! I'll be in Vegas and will be attending the weigh ins; I can't weight to experience that atmosphere.

I bet the whole week afterwards in Ireland will almost feel surreal if he pulls of the upset. Even though I don't have any Irish roots that I know of, me and my friends that are gonna be there (we didn't get tickets to the fight) are taking a lot of pride in the fact that we can say we were a part of such a big event ha.

Yeah mate, the place will go mad if he wins. Beating Mayweather would make him one of the countries all time sporting legends. UFC will hopefully have a Dublin show, I think he a carries enough sway he could ask for a fight at home.

Would be good to give a few young Irish guys a chance. Most of our young talent ends up boxing still but I'd love to see more get a shot at an undercard fight in Ireland.

Enjoy Vegas I'm sure the place will be wild on fight night!

Back