"Conor is one of the Biggest Ever in Combat Sports History. Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Level"- Dana White

I dislike the guy but he is Mike Tyson level (or slightly below)

Definitely significantly higher than Sugar Ray Robinson.

Dunno about that one, on top of being the GOAT Robinson was known worldwide

They were the biggest stars of their time, Conor is the biggest star of this era and it isn't close. I'd like to thank you for your sensible response, more of that is needed here

The other guy you quoted is is clearly subhuman trash
Boxing was more mainstream back then than MMA is today though. ie, the biggest Pro Wrestler today wasn't as big as Hulk Hogan.

LOL you absolute shit cunt virgin.

Back then PPVs were a much stronger business model + there were no avenues for illegal streaming. You don't anything you inbred spastic shit cunt.

If PPVs are so much stronger now, why are they declining overall? answer that one retard.

PPV sales are WAY up these days. Only something like 7% of houses even had access to buy PPVs back then. Today everyone has access. We are talking about Tyson from the 80s and 90s. Not 2010. Do some research. PPVs in the 80s and 90s were MUCH lower as a total.

Declining over all hahaha. You stupid fuck! PPVs now are selling so much better than the 80s and 90s its not even funny. God damn you are a moron.

Do a little research you dumb mother fucker. Almost no one had access to PPV back then

The Vietnam War was a horrible war, and a mistake that screwed up the American economy and divided its citizens. Moreover, it was a war where rich kids could get deferments and poor people went sent over to die. There's a lot of people who got out of going, including future presidents Clinton, Bush Jr (he never was sent overseas), and Trump. That was very different than WW2, where everyone served (including Nixon, Kennedy, Bush Sr). Why? Because WW2 was a war that had to be fought, Vietnam was a political stunt that only the poor were sent off to die for.

Ali would have had a safe tour if he'd signed -- boxing champs just went around putting on exhibition fights for the troops. He would never have been in danger. He took a principled stance instead of doing the usual entertainment morale boosting service.
well i agree it was horrible war but alis excuse was pathetic he said "psshh aint no viet evea called me no :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:" that was very pathetic pretending to be some victim.

if he actually had a intelligent statement as to why then sure id respected the man but i feel he wouldnt have went to ww2 eiher hed have said the same no german evea called me no :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: so wasnt just that war i feel

His ratings support it, even if you have irrational hate for the guy. I get it kid, he is a douchewaffle to the max but that doesn't disqualify facts
Literally nothing supports it. Besides the fact that Conor's PPV numbers are WORLD WIDE reported estimates, Tyson sold more PPVs (and only USA reported numbers) when not nearly as many homes could even get PPVs. Like someone else pointed out only 5 million homes even had the ability to order Tyson vs Spinks and it still sold 700k in the USA alone. Conor's PPVs are available to hundreds of millions and his USA numbers are probably lower than 700k (again his reported estimates are world wide). Tyson fighting today would sell 10 million PPVs ever time he fought

Yeah, that's about right. I'd take issue if he included Ali, since he's in a class all his own, but Tyson/Ray level sounds about right.

Literally nothing supports it. Besides the fact that Conor's PPV numbers are WORLD WIDE reported estimates, Tyson sold more PPVs (and only USA reported numbers) when not nearly as many homes could even get PPVs. Like someone else pointed out only 5 million homes even had the ability to order Tyson vs Spinks and it still sold 700k in the USA alone. Conor's PPVs are available to hundreds of millions and his USA numbers are probably lower than 700k (again his reported estimates are world wide). Tyson fighting today would sell 10 million PPVs ever time he fought

Connor Vs Floyd was the second biggest PPV of all time by a considerable margin.

It's a different generation now and with the current crowd Conor's more well known. It's been nearly 25 years since Tyson was Champ.

He's not lying

He has the 2nd biggest boxing match in the history of the world and the biggest MMA fight

Connor Vs Floyd was the second biggest PPV of all time by a considerable margin.

It's a different generation now and with the current crowd Conor's more well known. It's been nearly 25 years since Tyson was Champ.

We are talking all time. Conor vs Floyd sold 4.4 million. There was only 5 million houses that even had the option to buy PPV when Tyson was champ. Its stupid to compare PPV sales in an era when only 5 million houses could even buy PPVs vs now when EVERY house can buy PPVs. Tyson would sell 10 million plus PPVs now a days. Hell his overall PPV sales are higher than Conor's and that was when almost no one could buy PPVs

I 100% would bet anything if you asked random people on the street fa more people TODAY would know who Tyson is

He's not lying

He has the 2nd biggest boxing match in the history of the world and the biggest MMA fight

You stupid fuck. He had the second biggest fight in the PPV era. PPVs only recently became available for the majority of houses and Boxing is not nearly as popular as it once was. BILLIONS of people watched Ali fights. Hundreds of millions watched guys like SRR. His boxing match with floyd is not even a top 50 biggest fights ever. Just biggest of the last 15 years or so when Boxing is not nearly as popular as it used to be and PPVs became the main way to watch.

Yeah, that's about right. I'd take issue if he included Ali, since he's in a class all his own, but Tyson/Ray level sounds about right.
SRR had hundreds of million of people watching his fights. Don't be a moron. Conor is not close to that level

We are talking all time. Conor vs Floyd sold 4.4 million. There was only 5 million houses that even had the option to buy PPV when Tyson was champ. Its stupid to compare PPV sales in an era when only 5 million houses could even buy PPVs vs now when EVERY house can buy PPVs. Tyson would sell 10 million plus PPVs now a days. Hell his overall PPV sales are higher than Conor's and that was when almost no one could buy PPVs

I 100% would bet anything if you asked random people on the street fa more people TODAY would know who Tyson is

When Tyson was fighting there were way less of options of things to watch period.

Now there's video games, streaming services, hundreds of channels, the internet etc To get as many people willing to pay PPV as Conor has is remarkable.

The older crowd will be more familiar with Tyson, the younger crowd with Conor.

SRR had hundreds of million of people watching his fights. Don't be a moron. Conor is not close to that level

Robinson? I wouldn't touch that arguement with a 10 foot pole just because of how different the world was in his prime and now. It's almost impossible to really nail down comparative statistics.

Leonard is a bit easier, since his peak popularity was in the 80's. Still difficult to nail down comparative statistics though, because of how much the world has changed.

Tyson in his prime was way more popular and known worldwide than Conor.

Robinson? I wouldn't touch that arguement with a 10 foot pole just because of how different the world was in his prime and now. It's almost impossible to really nail down comparative statistics.

Leonard is a bit easier, since his peak popularity was in the 80's. Still difficult to nail down comparative statistics though, because of how much the world has changed.
The world has changed and thats why its almost impossible for someone like Conor to be as big of a star as SRR. Few had cable so everyone watched SRR. Boxing was also WAY bigger than its is today or MMA is today. SRR was not Ali, but he was a WAY bigger star than Conor and its not even a little bit close. More people watched SRR fights than every one of Conor's fights combined

Back