Conor McGregor’s manager: talks are ‘progressing’ for fight with Donald Cerrone

Seems like bad strategy from Conor's camp. If he wins, so what? And if he loses, he just lost to a gatekeeper on a downhill slide.

“When you look back to when he was winning fights,"

LOL that his manager would say this out loud

We all know that Cerrone would sign any contract in a heartbeat. Conor is no doubt the one making all sorts of demands.

And McGregor has probably already started training for that fight if he's serious about it, all the while Cerrone is kept in the dark while January approaches.

And McGregor has probably already started training for that fight if he's serious about it, all the while Cerrone is kept in the dark while January approaches.

The pressure is on Conor, not Cowboy. He always trains, McG doesnt.

Didn't Dana say a few years ago that there was 3 people who would fight anyone, anytime, anywhere, and two of them was Conor and cowboy. It would be good for cowboy to get the win and bittersweet for Conor to lose.

the dude really want to fight an old washed fighter and get a title shot without facing real contenders ?
960x0.jpg

Why even bother with this pathetic squash match?

Stop chasing washed up old men like Edgar/Cerrone and fight Gaethje or Masvidal.
Far from a squash, Cerrone has better ground game than Gaethje, despite being the lesser fighter he is a worse matchup for Conor than Gaethje.
Masvidal should take the fight at LW since he's fought there a lot, Conor is a FW/LW not a WW.

Least interesting match up possible for Connor in LW.

Far from a squash, Cerrone has better ground game than Gaethje, despite being the lesser fighter he is a worse matchup for Conor than Gaethje.
Masvidal should take the fight at LW since he's fought there a lot, Conor is a FW/LW not a WW.
Lol you know nothing about MMA

Gaethje can punish Conor's exposed lead leg with vicious leg kicks, has great cardio, and has legit one punch KO power.

Cerrone has always struggled against southpaws and pressure boxers, and McGregor is the best of both worlds. Conor could sleep Cerrone in 2 minutes with one arm tied behind his back.

Cerrone has always struggled against southpaws and pressure boxers, and McGregor is the best of both worlds. Conor could sleep Cerrone in 2 minutes with one arm tied behind his back.

I agree with you, but to say Conor is a pressure boxer is wrong. He's a decent boxer, great striker, but doesn't really utilize a lot of pressure except against the Dennis Siver's of this world.

Come on its just Cowboy, sign that fuckin contract and thats it.
According to him Conor is a "billionaire" so he doesnt need to ask specific shit just sign and fight ffs

This was exactly my thought, it's a fight contract with Cowboy "I fight every month" Cerrone what's the complication Cerrone will fight for extra hammers & nailz just to finish addition on the compound.

This 100%. There is no way in hell Cowboy wouldn't sign the fight contract in a heartbeat, Conor is most likely demanding too much money from Dana due to not taking into account how much damage his image and reputation have sustained.

Or UFC is legitimately low balling him and overplaying how much of a discount he would have to take. Not like they don't have form for it. Only a sucker wouldn't try fight for what they are worth.

They'd better crack on with it if the fight is supposed to be happening in January.

Mcgregor has all the leverage vs Cerrone. He can train for Cerrone, insist the UFC approve the fight, drag out negotiations and leave Cerrone with 6 weeks to prepare instead of 8-12 weeks.

This fight is so crucial to Conor’s marketability that it wouldn’t surprise me if they employ little tactics to ensure Donald is less than 100%.

That said, I take Conor to win, at least, in his prime. Conor is one of the most dangerous 2 rounders on earth.

Would laugh hard if Cerrone starched him. Oh the shooping.......

Mcgregor has all the leverage vs Cerrone. He can train for Cerrone, insist the UFC approve the fight, drag out negotiations and leave Cerrone with 6 weeks to prepare instead of 8-12 weeks.

This fight is so crucial to Conor’s marketability that it wouldn’t surprise me if they employ little tactics to ensure Donald is less than 100%.

That said, I take Conor to win, at least, in his prime. Conor is one of the most dangerous 2 rounders on earth.
Is it really crucial for his marketability? I think the greater message with Conor here is that he is now an open book, so it's either fights in the old timers league with Cowboy and Edgar or killers like Masdival and Khabib who won't fold in two rounds. Beating a Cowboy or an Edgar will realistically do nothing for his chances against against top LW's or BMF's.

I think he'll beat Cerrone, but ultimately it won't mean shit because the creme of the division is on a much higher level.

If he loses to Cerrone it's goodnight to his career. If he wins who cares? High risk low reward.

Is it really crucial for his marketability? I think the greater message with Conor here is that he is now an open book, so it's either fights in the old timers league with Cowboy and Edgar or killers like Masdival and Khabib who won't fold in two rounds. Beating a Cowboy or an Edgar will realistically do nothing for his chances against against top LW's or BMF's.

I think he'll beat Cerrone, but ultimately it won't mean shit because the creme of the division is on a much higher level.

If he loses to Cerrone it's goodnight to his career. If he wins who cares? High risk low reward.

I didn’t say fighting Cerrone is crucial to Conor’s marketability, I’m saying beating Cerrone is crucial to his marketability because McGregor can’t lose in his comeback fight to a low tier guy....

It’s also crucial that Conor remain active, he’s simply not ready for a top tier guy. He needs a couple easy fights to get back to the swing of being a professional.

Cerrone fits the bill, unless he spoils it. Which I’m praying he does since it ruins Dana’s plans and I hate Dana.

I just think dana wants conor to fight justin and conor doesn't want to sign, this cerrone talk is just smoke and mirrors.

Donald got the skills to beat Conor easy but he always underachieves in ‘’big’’ fights

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/11...are-progressing-for-fight-with-donald-cerrone

“I would say that talks have been progressing,” Attar said. “We’ve met them, we’re in close communication with them. I would hope that an announcement could happen in the coming weeks, but at the end of the day, it’s still a work in progress,”

“I always knew he wasn’t going to end on that note,” Attar said. “He never has to fight one fight more in his life. At the end of the day, that’s the thing people forgot about him; he actually is a competitor. He dares to do things differently. He strives for greatness and dreams for things that nobody thought that he could accomplish, and he’s doing that again. That’s what’s exciting. It’s exciting to be a part of that and witness that and see that fire in him again. I love it.”

“When you look back to when he was winning fights, he was fighting often,” Attar said. “He wasn’t fighting once a year, he was fighting often, he was staying active...

“I don’t see him slowing down. I think that fighting once a year for the last couple of years, it’s almost like it’s grown his appetite to stay active. In any sport, the more reps you take, the better you get. He’s no stranger to becoming a world champion multiple times over. He knows what it takes.”

giphy.gif
That's a good fight for Conor. He can actually win that one. He needs a few to be taken seriously from a competitive standpoint. From a business, marketing and trash talk perspective he is GOAT material. Now he has to prove he can beat some top lightweights.

Back