Media Conor McGregor confirms return to the UFC welterweight divison

Lol he just has to try throw his name out there because Charles and Islam are in the spotlight, classic Colin.

Nobody gives a shit what you do Colin, except your delusional fans. Stay retired, no one misses you.

Well, that's if they give him winnable fights at WW and allow him to be streamlined to the title. There's no way he would win his way to the title.

Lol he just has to try throw his name out there because Charles and Islam are in the spotlight, classic Colin.

Nobody gives a shit what you do Colin, except your delusional fans. Stay retired, no one misses you.
I have no idea what you're talking about, Colin 5.0 will be unstoppable.

Come on people, we all know he's going to be fast tracked to a title shot.

He is angling for a 165, McGregor weight championship.

If it really is at 170, make it Wonderboy. He needs a good payday.

People keep mentioning 'payday' but as Cowboy duly noted in the media, he just got paid his contractual fee when fighting Conor.

They don't suddenly pay you more than you are under contract for because its a marquee opponent. The people this matters for are those who would headline and get PPV points. That is a handful of people in the org. Certainly not Wonderboy.

Luque showed a real lack of headmovement his last fight. Maybe him? I don't think Connor could handle that power tho if he couldn't handle Porier's

The only fight that makes sense with Nate gone would be against Masvidal. That's closer to competitive. Mas is a lightweight who doesn't want the grueling cut anymore.
I felt like Luque is slowing down a lot in his last few fights. I think that is the most winnable fight for Conor. Is either him or Masvidal. I could see him going at Burns and failing.. after all Giblert is a former LW that has been KOed in the past.

Any of those could get him a TS based on his name alone.

But whoever is the champion at that time (Leon, Usman, Khamzat or Shavkat most likely) would be 4 times bigger than Conor.

Masdival is the fight that makes sense, but I don't really want to see him enjoy the red panty night after his shenanigans outside of the octagon.

Make him fight Shavkat so the casuals can be in awe when he gets finished in 3 minutes by this silent assassin.

To be fair a fight against someone like Masvidal does make a good bit of sense. Both guys are kind of in no mans land for any sort of title picture while being a recognizable headlining name.
I wouldn't put it past the pink goof to give his cash cow an immediate title shot especially if it's still Leon. There would be no justification for it other than $$$

Reactions: lsa
"welterweight" aka, fighting another career lightweight with less cutting.

I can’t think of any decent top 10ish ww that he would be.
I think you might be right.
He might beat Wonderboy, Luque or Brady, but I'd still favour each of them against Conor.

McGregor is a power puncher who has no real pop at 170lbs. He also gasses within a round and a half. He made a career based off of his body's unusual ability to recover after his big cut to featherweight where his power translated against smaller framed, shorter fighters. Not every fighters body recovers after a giant weight cut, Rumble Johnson and Gilbert Burns' bodies couldn't, but for whatever reason, McGregor's could. But ever since he's had to fight at 155-170, he's looked far less impressive.
knocked down Diaz 3 times.

So to say he has no pop at 170 is a bit of an odd thing to say.

He doesn't put everything he has Into shots anymore because of how he's gassed In the past. I think that's a bigger reason for his seeming degradation In power over the years than anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back