News Conor McGregor dedicates massive $$$ to solving homelessness (the most charitable UFC fighter?)

Social housings are an investment, not a charity
And given the Irish population growth, it might be a good investment in the long-term
Good for him to create a steady revenue for the next decades

lol he isnt handing them over. if he used his money to fix them up or build them then the govenrment will pay him money to house low income families. reapiars due to shitty renters are written off and paid back each year. the cost to build or remodel them can be partially written off. this is a great investment for any big time millionaire. first he sold and banked off some sub par cheap whiskey. now getting a goverment check each monthly that will run at (whatever the cost of one rental is times 1000). brilliant move.
Seem to know a lot about Irish law for an American

I don’t get it. He is making money out of this deal. What’s so charitable about it?
Theres a real shortage of affordable social housing for low income families.

Loads of families currently living in hotels stuck on waiting lists, this will give them proper homes.

I'm sure he's making a lot of money but the families are still going to benefit.

I am not a fan of Conor’s personality.

I am impressed with his generosity in this situation.

I don’t understand the whole announcing the “donation/charity” thing to everyone. I’d rather just keep it quiet and move on knowing I did the right thing,

Regardless good for Conor.

Recently, Conor McGregor has decided to dedicate a large portion of his wealth towards solving the homeless crisis in Ireland.

McGregor who has in the past donated millions to first responders, and other charitable organizations has built 1,000 homes across ireland to solve the homeless problem which will all be for social housing.

View attachment 1022310

Has any other UFC fighter been more charitable than Conor McGregor? Dedicated more resources to organizations to do good unto the world?

View attachment 1022315

i-am-a-generous-god-xerxes.gif

They're for low income families, the rents are subsidised by the government.

There's a real shortage of this kind of housing.

So Conor getting paid Government money for building homes ... Is what your saying...wonder what that contract was worth ..

20 million investment for what return...

People need homes though thats true

yeah... so much profits to be made from housing homeless people. I'm surprised there aren't more millionaires/billionaires jumping at the pot of gold that is building homes for the homeless.
There is a lot of american and german funds doing it in Ireland at the moment. They buy or build apartment blocks, housing estates etc and rent them back to the irish government for 25 years for a guranteed rental yield of 8% or more per year.
They invest in Ireland because their is a much higher rental yield per year than germany etc and higher assest apreciation. And the fact its also guranteed by the government its as close to a sure thing as you can get.
Also these funds were borrowing money at very low interest rates.

Like fair play to him for having the innitiative to do it. But the motivation behind it is not purely or even mainly imo charitable.

Hey dingus - he's simply announcing the 1,000 home milestone they've hit. That means that this has been an ongoing thing for some time. They didn't just break ground on the very first home and he rushed to twitter. This is the culmination of a lot of time and money.
They haven't built 1,000 homes yet.

Good Lad this Conor is

Also, this thread reveals alot of sherdoggers are still living in their parents basement. <45>

I reckon about half of those will be filled by Irish sherdoggers finally able to move out of their mom's basements

I'm not one to give Conor much love around here, but he gets love for this act, BIG respect Conor...

Back