Conor McGregor is our generation's Bruce Lee

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
and that's just fact

What Bruce Lee represented was much more than just "fighting" his philosophy still lives to this day. I feel Conor will have the same effect if not greater. The way he approached fights, the way he handled wins and losses and everything he did will live after he's gone.

What Conor represents is a proof that you can shape your own life, that it doesn't matter where you are, you can accomplish what many consider "impossible" with belief and hardwork.

All the Bruce Lee shirts that people wear today, their kids will be wearing Conor shirts! but unlike Bruce, he's an actual champion level fighter.

Same conclusion I came to after seeing all that footage of Bruce Lee calling other fighters bums and saying "fook that guy" while wearing fur coats in rental cars for instagram.

He didn't represent "fighting" because he never fought.
Technically He never fought, but he had a lot of street fights. I'm not saying its the same thing but there was no UFC at the time for martial artists to compete in.
Most of the old great martial artists don't have a record. Doesn't mean they weren't legit.

Yes. Good analysis. Conor beating Floyd will also be proof that Bruce Lee > western martial arts. This fight is much more than just a boxing bout. It's soul vs body, heart vs money, spirit vs shallowness. Eastern vs western world values collide.

Both martial arts superstars that got the publics full attention and embedded themselves in popular culture. Conor legit cracks skulls though.

and that's just fact

What Bruce Lee represented was much more than just "fighting" his philosophy still lives to this day. I feel Conor will have the same effect if not greater. The way he approached fights, the way he handled wins and losses and everything he did will live after he's gone.

What Conor represents is a proof that you can shape your own life, that it doesn't matter where you are, you can accomplish what many consider "impossible" with belief and hardwork.

All the Bruce Lee shirts that people wear today, their kids will be wearing Conor shirts! but unlike Bruce, he's an actual champion level fighter.
he is even better than bruce cuz he fights and beats people up for real.

Correct. And for some reason Sherdog continues to hate on Bruce despite every fighter giving him respect.

giphy.gif

bruce lee was an influent actor and a good role model also

Conor is an ignorant guy with massively overrated skills as a fighter and a insanely inflated ego by a fanbase consisting on his majority by mid class teenagers and people who haves an troll and hateful mindset...

All Conor´s "philosophy" and way he talks-acts based on futility is a patchwork of Mayweather Pretty boy floyd days with and any famous needy instagram hipster

it is totally the opposite on how bruce lee was known

"Boards dont fookin hit back ya rat bastard" - Bruce Lee

I've been telling my wife for years Conor McGregor is asian.

and that's just fact

NO

Back