Media Conor McGregor & Jake Gyllenhaal in ROAD HOUSE

Is he even acting?

• Total voters
Expect an endless stream of remakes/sequels of cheesy 80's movies after Top Gun was such a huge success. That's what Hollywood does- Sees something that makes money and then does it again and again and again and again until they drain the trend for all it's worth and move on to the next thing.

I for one am actually hoping for a decent remake, regardless of what I think of Conor. I am hoping he surprises us and is actually good in the movie. Likely not, but you never know. Going to go into the movie with an open mind as Jake seems to be a dude who wouldn't at this stage in his career be in a shit show of a movie. It might surprise us.
Hopefully he is the bad guy that gets his throat ripped out in the original. He doesn't have to be good, in fact if he were it would ruin it.
roadhouse-throat.gif

fuck so much Conor hate on this thread. Sure he has been flakey as a fighter lately but give him a fucking chance. Maybe it's a good movie, I mean Gyllenhall usually takes on decent roles so I like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I heard that Conor Mcgregor is playing Connor Macgregor from the Irish Florida Bayou

Probably just a fleeting cameo like Usman had in Black Panther.

And no he's not top billing. You realize fan posters are pretty commonplace no?

<{outtahere}>

Road House images reveal the first look at Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor in the upcoming remake. Released in 1989, the original Road House movie starred the late Patrick Swayze as a tough bouncer named James Dalton who is hired to tame a dirty bar called the Double Deuce in Jasper, Missouri. Talk of the cult classic action film being remade has been going on for years with multiple directors and stars attached. Real progress came in November 2021 when Gyllenhaal was cast to lead a Road House reboot with McGregor, a former UFC champion making his acting debut, joining later.

The Road House remake follows not McGregor, but Gyllenhaal as a former UFC fighter who accepts a job as a bouncer at a rough-and-tumble roadhouse in the Florida Keys. Upon getting started, he quickly discovers the tropical paradise is not everything it seems to be. It's unknown who McGregor will be playing, though he will reportedly not be appearing as himself and will instead be playing a fictional character. Based on this first look at the Road House remake, it appears Gyllenhaal and McGregor have bulked up considerably for their roles.

jake-gyllenhaal-conor-mcgregor-in-road-house-official-images-v0-7q4e2wuogoba1.jpg

road-house-conor-mcgregor-2.jpeg

road-house-conor-mcgregor-1.jpeg

road-house-jake-gyllenhaal-conor-mcgregor-1.jpeg

road-house-remake-jake-gyllenhaal-conor-mcgregor-header.jpeg

https://screenrant.com/road-house-remake-images-jake-gyllenhaal-conor-mcgregor/
This explains why Conor has gotten huge recently.
So, Conor's a stunt double?

You guys are so jealous of Conor. I will totally watch this. Jake is a good actor, and I love seeing MMA personalities in movies, t.v., etc. I don't generally like remakes, and this is a bit disrespectful to the legend of the Swayze, but I will allow it. I mean, I'm not going down to the theatre or anything, but my butler will find a stream. Also, lol @ Conor having to take sauce to bulk up. He was clearly on pills to control his weight before, and now his natural swollness is just bursting through. You goofs just wish you were as yolked as him.

Judging from the Burger King and Proper 12 commercials, Conor can't act to save his life, so I'm curious how it's going to look
That's exactly what I was thinking. He's painfully bad in his commercials, even compared to other athletes, so I can't imagine them giving him many lines. On the other hand, the guy does have charisma, so maybe he's done extensive work with an acting coach in his time off and he'll surprise us (seems unlikely).

Back