News Conor McGregor says he will return June 29th against Michael Chandler at Middleweight

So he set up the camera himself and then looked away as though it was recorded by someone else.
So very awkward.

I hope Conor is trolling Chandler. Chandler gets sick of waiting, signs to fight someone else. Conor picks another opponent. Then they fight on the same card.

Given that McGregor walks around at 180 to 190 pounds, I'm not surprised McGregor would propose a MW fight so he has no real weight cut to contend with and can eat his normal food preferences.

Whether he is serious about Chandler being the opponent, I'm not so sure. Is the silly laugh at the end of the video over the MW designation or the fact he is trolling Chandler and will ultimately pick someone else for his next fight?

I actually think Chandler is a good opponent for McGregor as Chandler will want to stand in front of McGregor and bang so its an interesting fight. Despite being a solid former D-1 wrestler, Chandler really doesn't use his wrestling much, which is a mistake IMO. Given McGregor's history of gassing early, I would definitely mix wrestling / clinch / standup to tire McGregor. Despite McGregor's decline, he is still a very accurate striker who can cover distance quickly with power. I would also use the calf kicks to wear down McGregor as he didn't seem very good at defending low kicks vs. Poirier. I think this fight would be over early. Somebody will get a KO/TKO or submission. I can see Chandler damaging McGregor and getting the RNC finish or GnP finish. I can see McGregor catching Chandler with an overhand left which hurts Chandler and leads to a finish. McGregor might regret fighting at 186 as he isn't used to carrying that much weight in a real fight with all that adrenaline. His gas tank problems might be worse than normal.

Honestly if it is really at 185, we'll get to see them without being horribly drained from a weight cut. I think Chandler's chances improve without a harsh weight cut. I think Conor either way would have gotten the first really solid punch in, and a drained Chandler may have crumpled but I feel like a fully hydrated Chandler walks through it and pummels Conor.

Will be entertaining no matter what.

They dont need to be at 185, anything from 171 up to 185 is MW, they might be a little over 185 on a good day.

Yeah, I know that. Makes it all the more crazy. I honestly think Conor is just talking shit with this. UFC isn’t putting on a middleweight fight between two lightweights.

Given the number of Conor threads, yes, you are likely the only one.

The 185lbs part is completely fine, I'm all for fighters fighting at their walk around weight.

The part that's gonna suck is how McGregor will be shoehorned into the title picture in every division from FW up to HW in case Chandler misses his stool and shutters his pelvis between rounds.
With all the respective champions doing backflips to get picked.

why not just put him on UFC 300 ?

They already removed USADA because of Conor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back