Media Conor McGregor vows ‘greatest return in combat sports’ ahead of expected Michael Chandler fight

Yeah if Conor is doing Welterweight, then he's fucked

Well if McGregor came back and won what would have to be the WW strap I reckon, yeah it's the greatest comeback in combat sports I reckon. He has as much chance of doing this as I do of banging Salma Hayek though.

How exactly is Chandler beating a retired drunk the greatest return?

Last edited:

Conor McGregor’s highly anticipated return to the UFC has been on hold, but that soon could be changing.

With “The Ultimate Fighter 31” premiering Tuesday on ESPN, there’s a growing belief that the announcement of a fight between coaches McGregor and Michael Chandler soon will follow. And when McGregor finally steps back in the cage, he vows it’ll be unlike any return that’s been seen before.“Not only just a return, the greatest return in combat sports,” McGregor said in an interview with Megan Olivi released Tuesday on the UFC’s YouTube channell. “This is gonna be – I’m gonna kick this guy in the head. He’s just tailor made for being kicked all over the place, and that’s what I’m aiming for.
“I’m aiming to wrap this steel bar around the opponent. You’re gonna see a visual of the leg hanging off, and then you’re gonna see a visual of a head hanging off.”

McGregor hasn’t competed since July 2021 when he was taken off on a stretcher after breaking his leg in an injury TKO loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 264. Since then, McGregor endured a grueling recovery, although he’s been seen on social media living the good life as the richest fighter in MMA and dabbling in other ventures, all the while remaining out of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency’s drug-testing pool.“It’s time for me to immerse myself back in the game,” McGregor said. “I was just excited to get back, couldn’t turn down the offer.”“He’s put on some exciting fights, he’s eager, he’s willing to fight, he’s a gamer, you’d call him, and he’s not a bad fighter, either,” McGregor said of Chandler, who’s 2-3 since joining the UFC in 2021. “I’m happy with the opponent. I don’t actually care. I accepted this show; it was me and Chandler. Again, it doesn’t bother me.“What do I hope for in this world? I hope for a hundred more fights. I hope for consistency. I hope for a run. I’ve had this on, off, on, off for the last while. I just want to get this nice consistency going. And I’m hoping now when I come back this is where it’s at.” https://www.yahoo.com/sports/conor-mcgregor-vows-greatest-return-170036746.html

Hes been doing this for awhile. Hes got too much money. He isnt hungry anymore and he isnt coming back. Just trying to keep his name out there.

He needs like 18 months locked into a basement, intense focused training to do anything interesting at WW or LW in the top 10-20.

He needs like 18 months locked into a basement, intense focused training to do anything interesting at WW or LW in the top 10-20.

IMO, 30 months minimum.
Conner right now is a trainwreck.
I mean, to morph into what he looks like, you gotta be doing some crazy shit, and it takes at least two years for a reasonably young person to recover from that.
I don't mind him having fun, but I think he really should just choose a path and be proud of it. Not do one thing while saying another.

upload_2023-5-31_3-38-24-png.985107
I3o4IA.gif

watch the movie 'aguirre, the wrath of god' if you want to try to find a level of delusion comparable to this character's.
Excellent movie.

Klaus kinski played the role perfectly and certainly one could say his real life persona was a delusional one aswell. A true egomaniac and that is why the role of Aguirre was perfect for him.

There is a very interesting documentary available about the relationship between director werner Herzog and actor Klaus Kinski and in here they go into very deep detail about the life of Kinski.

The more i think about it Kinski and Conor are very much alike.

terminator conor made of steel

Chandler will ragdoll Conor at will and will KO him in the third. You read it here first.

Back